Maintenance: April 18th, 2017

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, April 18th in order to apply Game Update 5.2: The War For Iokath. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:

DATE: 18 April 2017

TIME: 5:00AM - 9:00AM PDT (1200 - 1600 GMT)

VERSION: 5.2

Patch Notes are available here.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The patch notes still state that the content can change before 18th patch completion.

So that means that the patch notes may or may not be the ones that are going to be implemented.

Edited by Tarbuch
typo

The patch notes still state that the content can change before 18th patch completion.

So that means that the patch notes may or may not be the ones that are going to be implemented.

No, it only means Bioware cba to edit their notes.:D

• Dev Post
"Game Update 5.2

*subject to change until release on 4/18*"

Did anything change? That's still on the notes.

I just added a note at the very end about PvP bolster also being updated to account for Tier 4. Otherwise it looks like these notes are final. I will let you know if anything else changes between now and tomorrow, but I am not expecting any more updates.

-eric

I just added a note at the very end about PvP bolster also being updated to account for Tier 4. Otherwise it looks like these notes are final. I will let you know if anything else changes between now and tomorrow, but I am not expecting any more updates.

-eric

No fix for the Zabrak missing skin color or the female Cathar skin color bug??

Well, in any case, thank you for the update. :)

Little disappointing that the one time maintenance was scheduled to be earlier is also one of the times the update gets delayed in this case for over a week. ((before people say it was only a week, it would have been a week if it the maintenance had been at the same time as previously planned, this is later so over a week)).

-eric

Thanks Eric :)

-eric

Personally I am more interested to see if you're (not you personally of course) going to do anything about this really bad idea for the loot tables in NiM.

The whole idea that Bioware thinks it's the right decision to make BiS gear drop only from the last boss in NiM Operations while PvP components can buy you that gear and can be gained just by showing up and taking the piss in warzones is rather disturbing to be frank.

I think it's a big fat blemish on what otherwise would've been a good patch for the game as it hurts the people who are doing progression raiding without being hardcore raid gods. You will all but force them into warzones where they don't really want to be and ruin warzones for those who do care about PvP. It's another strange idea and rather stealthily applied again cause you sure as hell didn't discuss that part in the livestreams or anything as far as I can remember. Or am I wrong about that? As far as I can tell it just showed up in the patch notes without any warning or explanation.

And it wasn't a nice surprise.

Personally I am more interested to see if you're (not you personally of course) going to do anything about this really bad idea for the loot tables in NiM.

The whole idea that Bioware thinks it's the right decision to make BiS gear drop only from the last boss in NiM Operations while PvP components can buy you that gear and can be gained just by showing up and taking the piss in warzones is rather disturbing to be frank.

I think it's a big fat blemish on what otherwise would've been a good patch for the game as it hurts the people who are doing progression raiding without being hardcore raid gods. You will all but force them into warzones where they don't really want to be and ruin warzones for those who do care about PvP. It's another strange idea and rather stealthily applied again cause you sure as hell didn't discuss that part in the livestreams or anything as far as I can remember. Or am I wrong about that? As far as I can tell it just showed up in the patch notes without any warning or explanation.

As per the patch notes:

All Operation bosses will now drop one Unassembled Gear Piece; the final boss will drop two. This number is doubled for 16-player Operations.

So as per the notes, all bosses drop at least one piece that you then trade in at a vendor. So not sure what you are referring to with only the last boss in NiM mode only dropping gear.

As per the patch notes:

All Operation bosses will now drop one Unassembled Gear Piece; the final boss will drop two. This number is doubled for 16-player Operations.

So as per the notes, all bosses drop at least one piece that you then trade in at a vendor. So not sure what you are referring to with only the last boss in NiM mode only dropping gear.

You need to learn to read all the patch notes. It's kinda like reading the small print in a contract.

This is also from the patch notes:

Tier 1 Unassembled Gear Pieces no longer drop in Operations.

Bosses will now drop the following Unassembled Gear Pieces in existing Operations:

Tier 2 Legendary Unassembled Gear Pieces - Story Mode

Tier 3 Legendary Unassembled Gear Pieces – Veteran Mode

Tier 4 Prototype and Artifact Unassembled Gear Pieces – Master Mode (Non-final bosses)

Tier 4 Legendary Unassembled Gear Pieces – Master Mode (Final bosses)

See the parts about the new Tier 4 gear?

So not sure what you are referring to with only the last boss in NiM mode only dropping gear.

See this part in the patch notes:

• Tier 4 Prototype and Artifact Unassembled Gear Pieces – Master Mode (Non-final bosses)
  • Tier 4 Legendary Unassembled Gear Pieces – Master Mode (Final bosses)

Edited by mike_carton

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=916137

You need to learn to read all the patch notes. It's kinda like reading the small print in a contract.

This is also from the patch notes:

Tier 1 Unassembled Gear Pieces no longer drop in Operations.

Bosses will now drop the following Unassembled Gear Pieces in existing Operations:

Tier 2 Legendary Unassembled Gear Pieces - Story Mode

Tier 3 Legendary Unassembled Gear Pieces – Veteran Mode

Tier 4 Prototype and Artifact Unassembled Gear Pieces – Master Mode (Non-final bosses)

Tier 4 Legendary Unassembled Gear Pieces – Master Mode (Final bosses)

See the parts about the new Tier 4 gear?

Ah gotcha, now I understand. Hopefully in the next patch 5.3 as that is the soonest I'd expect them to get to changing it.

Though with a new producer in charge hopefully sooner and hopefully back to a 3.0 gear system back when 6.0 drops :D

I don't expect them to change it anytime soon. The pvp upgrade system takes many hours just to get one piece. And they want you to have to do the new op for t4 legendary. If pvp coms, because that's what they are, become much much easier to obtain, then I think they'll change it.

I don't expect them to change it anytime soon. The pvp upgrade system takes many hours just to get one piece. And they want you to have to do the new op for t4 legendary. If pvp coms, because that's what they are, become much much easier to obtain, then I think they'll change it.

This.

I also think it's kinda nice that there's a special treat for killing the last boss vs farming early ones for the gear.

It would be better if that BiS wasn't also available via PvP and random dumb luck ... but with gear being universal now that would be impossible.

Here's hoping they add in new Ops-exclusive drops to give raiders reason to run the old Ops - some cool speeders or maybe long-discontinued armor that's not attainable elsewhere in the game (or schematics FOR it >_>)

Did you make any changes to relics that might be noteworthy? ;)

-eric