PTS Update - 7/13/2018

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Here are the patch notes for the update which is planned for later today:

Warzone / Arena Changes

• Voidstar is once again functional, it has also had its intro cinematic updated.
  • Railings and various LoS blockers have been added to the Mandalorian Battle Ring to make the map more melee friendly.
  • Players should no longer die randomly when using traversal abilities near terrain in Warzones and Arenas.
  • Fixed various issues related to matchmaking.
  • Interactable objects in the world will once again highlight blue.
  • Giradda the Hutt and Baron Deathmark will no longer take damage from sudden death acid.

Rishi Hideout

• You can now use Kick the Huttball during Huttball matches in the Rishi Stronghold.
  • There are less “doors to nowhere” in the Rishi Stronghold.
  • A clean-up crew has removed some of the junk in the Rishi Stronghold.
  • A terminal has been added to a Cannon on the Skydeck which will take you directly to the Rishi Cove.
  • The “Carrying the Huttball” icon will now appear for players who receive the Huttball due to a character death during a Huttball match in the Rishi Stronghold.
  • More hooks have been added throughout the Rishi Stronghold.
  • The room unlock terminals in the Rishi Stronghold have been made clearer.
  • Speedy is still the best, but he will no longer path through walls.
  • Players will now gain a temporary ability to end combat when using the training dummies in the training room.
  • The Rishi Stronghold now has a console that allows players to take control of an un-targetable, stealthed, non-combat droid. This Droid allows players to better see PvP action in the Stronghold.
  • Jungle noises will no longer play on the Rishi Patrol Carrier.
  • Players will no longer dismount when entering the Portside Crew Quarters.
  • A terminal has been added to the Rishi Stronghold that will allow players to apply Bolster.
  • Players can now use PvP medpacs in PvP areas of the Rishi Stronghold.
  • The Huttball scoreboard in the Rishi Stronghold now goes up to 10 (up from 3).
  • Players can no longer be mounted with the Huttball in the Rishi Stronghold.
  • Players in the Rishi Stronghold can no longer pick up or catch the Huttball while stunned.
  • Resetting a Huttball match in the Rishi Stronghold will now remove all Huttballs.
  • Corrected an issue where some PvP areas in the Rishi Stronghold were not properly flagging players for PvP.

Once this update is live on PTS, if you notice any of the above changes are not actually present in this patch please let us know!

There are other changes we would still like to make before 5.9.2 goes live, so don't fret if you don't see a change you wanted on this list. I will post the list of other things we are looking into elsewhere on the PTS forum.

Thanks!

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

Thanks. I know some of these changes will make certain people very happy. In particular, it's good that stronghold changes aren't limited to hook placement. Looking forward to checking out the update. Edited by Estelindis

There are other changes we would still like to make before 5.9.2 goes live, so don't fret if you don't see a change you wanted on this list. I will post the list of other things we are looking into elsewhere on the PTS forum.

Thanks!

-eric

A lot of great changes here. I hope one of the other changes before live is a way to turn off the PvP features in the Rishi stronghold. This will fix the biggest issues several non-PvP-er stronghold enthusiasts have with this stronghold.

Is the PTS back up yet? I've been in and out all morning and so I'm a little behind the times. I did try getting in and while it initially allowed me as far as my character screen it's now saying offline. I only ask because I had to go into the client settings and adjust the resolution manually to get the window to open properly. I'm not computer genius but I can bumble my way around a bit, so I wanted to make sure it was down and not something on my end.

Is the PTS back up yet? I've been in and out all morning and so I'm a little behind the times. I did try getting in and while it initially allowed me as far as my character screen it's now saying offline. I only ask because I had to go into the client settings and adjust the resolution manually to get the window to open properly. I'm not computer genius but I can bumble my way around a bit, so I wanted to make sure it was down and not something on my end.

I just tried and says it is offline.

A lot of great changes here. I hope one of the other changes before live is a way to turn off the PvP features in the Rishi stronghold. This will fix the biggest issues several non-PvP-er stronghold enthusiasts have with this stronghold.

Seconding this. I appreciate all the hard work the dev team is doing but without a way to turn off the PvP none of the other changes will matter for me.

Would it be possible to set the flagging (and mounting restrictions, etc) to only go into effect when the game is on (terminal to lock Bulo's Arena, or starting a deathmatch/huttball match in the huttball arena)?

That way non-PvPers wouldn't be reminded of the PvP utility (in case they don't plan to PvP, but want to decorate while mounted, etc)...

• Dev Post

Another change with today's patch, Warzone and Arena medal changes. We want to readjust the medal values based on the actual state of PvP we are seeing in the data. Here are the changes:

Warzone Medal Changes

• Combatant - 500,000 Damage Dealt (was 240,000)
  • Destroyer - 1,000,000 Damage Dealt (was 2,000,000)
  • Demolisher - 5,000 Damage Single Hit (was 4,500)
  • Annihilator - 10,000 Damage Single Hit (was 9,000)
  • Healer - 750,000 Healed (was 400,000)
  • Savior - 1,500,000 Healed (was 3,000,000)
  • Medic - 9,000 Single Heal (was 5,000)
  • Trauma Surgeon - 18,000 Single Heal (was 10,000)
  • Shield - 250,000 Defense (was 300,000)
  • Protector - 500,000 Defense (was 2,000,000)
  • Guardian - 20,000 Defense in 1 Life (was 5,000)
  • Paladin - 80,000 Defense in 1 Life (was 20,000)

Arena Medal Changes

• Combatant - 280,000 Damage Dealt (was 115,000)
  • Destroyer - 760,000 Damage Dealt (was 460,000)
  • Demolisher - 5,000 Damage Single Hit (was 4,500)
  • Annihilator - 10,000 Damage Single Hit (was 9,000)
  • Healer - 630,000 Healed (was 250,000)
  • Savior - 1,850,000 Healed (was 1,000,000)
  • Medic - 9,000 Single Heal (was 5,000)
  • Trauma Surgeon - 18,000 Single Heal (was 10,000)
  • Shield - 100,000 Defense (was 60,000)
  • Protector - 550,000 Defense (was 200,000)
  • Guardian - 20,000 Defense in 1 Life (was 5,000)
  • Paladin - 80,000 Defense in 1 Life (was 20,000)

Let us know your thoughts!

-eric

Seconding this. I appreciate all the hard work the dev team is doing but without a way to turn off the PvP none of the other changes will matter for me.

From "PTS - To Come" post:

Hey folks,

As I mentioned in the changes thread, there are some changes that didn't make their way into the build today that we are still looking at. Note that this is not a comprehensive list of everything! These are just some of the bigger things we would still like to change before 5.9.2 ships.

• The ability to sort your Stronghold list.
  • Get resolve bars to show on portraits in the Rishi SH.
  • The ability for players to completely turn off PvP in their Rishi SH.
  • Make it so that SH keys determine players ability to use terminals in another players SH.
  • Address the remaining LoS issues for decorations, especially related to channeled and AoE abilities.

Again, that is not everything but are some of the issues we are still actively working on. Thanks everyone, keep the feedback coming.

-eric

By golly, I think the developers have finally caught on to this "listen to feedback" thing. Too bad it wasn't this way for Conquest changes, but better late than never?

Edited by PennyAnn

I really like the changes, the stronghold is coming along great. While there are still so many issues left that I'm not convinced you can release it by 7/31 (I don't see how can fix long-standing issues like the LoS bugs that fast), I am impressed by the progress. It's great to see that you listen to and act upon our feedback, that makes me more motivated to continue testing and I'm looking forward to the playtests tomorrow!

I already posted a bunch of my feedback in the Stronghold thread, you can read it there.

Regarding the changes to medals:

It's a good idea to change the thresholds; right now you can earn 8 medals way too fast. In fact, I stopped caring about the medals since you are pretty much guaranteed to get over 8. (And also, at valor rank 100 the rewards don't matter that much anymore; who cares about slightly more credits or CXP?)

But with this change, I will pay more attention to medals again.

Arena Medal Changes

• Healer - 630,000 Healed (was 250,000)
  • Savior - 1,850,000 Healed (was 1,000,000)

These numbers feel a little high to me. From my memory, I rarely reach such high healing numbers, especially not if the rounds end quickly and you don't get a third round. Maybe someone with more RPvP experience can chime in.

Edited by Jerba

Another change with today's patch, Warzone and Arena medal changes. We want to readjust the medal values based on the actual state of PvP we are seeing in the data. Here are the changes:

Warzone Medal Changes

• Combatant - 500,000 Damage Dealt (was 240,000) good
  • Destroyer - 1,000,000 Damage Dealt (was 2,000,000) bad
  • Demolisher - 5,000 Damage Single Hit (was 4,500) good
  • Annihilator - 10,000 Damage Single Hit (was 9,000) good
  • Healer - 750,000 Healed (was 400,000) good
  • Savior - 1,500,000 Healed (was 3,000,000) very bad
  • Medic - 9,000 Single Heal (was 5,000) good
  • Trauma Surgeon - 18,000 Single Heal (was 10,000) good
  • Shield - 250,000 Defense (was 300,000) bad
  • Protector - 500,000 Defense (was 2,000,000) very bad
  • Guardian - 20,000 Defense in 1 Life (was 5,000) good
  • Paladin - 80,000 Defense in 1 Life (was 20,000) good

Let us know your thoughts!

-eric

Medals are rewards for playing good, not for beeing a generic listing player that somehow plays his character.

I stongly oppose the Warzone changes to Tanks and Healers. It gives these medals to bad players far to easy.

Good Tanks tank 2M and good Healers heal 3M and get their Medals for doing their job instead of Zerging around losing the game.

Please leave Savior and Protector how they were!

Edited by Mephesh

A clean-up crew has removed some of the junk in the Rishi Stronghold.

-eric

Had to laugh at this. Now all the people upset about Rishi looking so trashy can relax and enjoy a much cleaner SH on Rishi. :D

You guys are really doing a ton of feedback changes, thanks for doing so much work and for also considering what the players are asking for.