I can't RE Campaign Gear o.O

Inzi

I am 400 Synthweaving.

I have an empty shell of a Campaign Force-Mystic's Lower Robe.

When I activate Reverse Engineering, I hover over it, it says I have a 20% chance to learn a schematic.

I click the item, it says I can't RE that item.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Same problem and no one has responded to my ticket yet either.

It's possible it can be RE'd if you put in a lower lvl mod in it, but I'm not sure how that will affect the chances of learning the orange schematic.

I could have sworn I specifically read a dev post stating that we'd be able to strip the mods out & RE the shell... and separately be able to RE the mods via artifice (obviously you can't do both because you can't be both synth/armormech AND artifice, but that's not the point)

I could have sworn I specifically read a dev post stating that we'd be able to strip the mods out & RE the shell... and separately be able to RE the mods via artifice (obviously you can't do both because you can't be both synth/armormech AND artifice, but that's not the point)

Pick up some low level mods off the GTN, pop em in, and see if it works? ;)

I remember reading that too but there was a ton of mixups & things getting pulled from 1.2. I believe (and this is my gut from everything that I've read to date) that this is a bug and is not working as intended. You could try doing what the other post stated and load it with a cheap armoring slot and try REing it again as that works on orange pieces but I'd wait personally.

Same problem and no one has responded to my ticket yet either.

It's possible it can be RE'd if you put in a lower lvl mod in it, but I'm not sure how that will affect the chances of learning the orange schematic.

Were you trying to RE a Force-Mystic's Lower Robe as well or another campaign piece?

This is a bug that we're investigating. As theorized above, you can work around this by inserting low level mods. You only need the armoring. The results of RE will be unaffected - I was able to learn the recipe from the specific item mentioned here with nothing but a level 10 green armoring in the shell.

Were you trying to RE a Force-Mystic's Lower Robe as well or another campaign piece?

Campaign Survivor's Gloves. It was clearly RE'able with the mods still in, the RE icon was correct and it displayed the "Chance to research schematic: 20%." After I removed the mods, the RE icon doesn't appear anymore, but the "Chance to research schematic: 20%" is still there. I put in a ticket and it was closed and deleted and I received an email stating they are passing this report to the dev team to be investigated further.

Looks like for those of us that are holding onto shells to RE and learn orange schematics will be holding onto them for a while longer until a dev post is made or until next small patch.

This is a bug that we're investigating. As theorized above, you can work around this by inserting low level mods. You only need the armoring. The results of RE will be unaffected - I was able to learn the recipe from the specific item mentioned here with nothing but a level 10 green armoring in the shell.

Yea I crafted a ton of lev 9 armorings and put them into the war hero gear I had crafted and was able to RE them. I would make sure that you put the same kind of armor in as the crafting your doing. IE Will Str for Synth and Aim/Cun for Armormech.

How about adding this to the known issues list (with workaround)?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=403398

It would have saved me from posting my question the other day:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4087619#post4087619

What about weapons? I crafted some of the new custom items. I tried to put mods enhancements etc into them and I am still unable to RE them.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

I have also tried this workaround on the crafted orange lvl 20 lightsabers, and had no success.

putting hilts of any kind in the saber still does not allow for RE, nor does adding mods/enhancements work.

sitting on a massive pile of these things in my mail until this is fixed.

• 2 months later...

I have now RE'ed two pieces of Campaign gear. The first piece I pulled the Armor, Mod and Enhancement out and RE'ed it into 2 Grade 8 crafting materials (Molecular Stabilizer), and did not get the pattern. The second piece I again pulled Armor, Mod and Enhancement and added a Green Might Armor 8 (level 21) just in case the bug still existed. For my efforts I was awarded with 2 Eralam Crystals (Grade 2) and again no patten. The lack of patterns I understand I was just unlucky, but Eralam crystals???

If I happen to get a pattern from Campaign gear, will it just be a shell of the item I can craft that is BOE without any mods/enhancements/armor?

Now that augment slots can be added to any item, is there a reason at end game to be a crafter other than augment kits?

Edited by AMonarch

I have now RE'ed two pieces of Campaign gear. The first piece I pulled the Armor, Mod and Enhancement out and RE'ed it into 2 Grade 8 crafting materials (Molecular Stabilizer), and did not get the pattern. The second piece I again pulled Armor, Mod and Enhancement and added a Green Might Armor 8 (level 21) just in case the bug still existed. For my efforts I was awarded with 2 Eralam Crystals (Grade 2) and again no patten. The lack of patterns I understand I was just unlucky, but Eralam crystals???

If I happen to get a pattern from Campaign gear, will it just be a shell of the item I can craft that is BOE without any mods/enhancements/armor?

Now that augment slots can be added to any item, is there a reason at end game to be a crafter other than augment kits?

I am surprised that you managed to get molecular stabilizers and eralam crystals from REing campaign shells. The only things I got were rubat crystals.

With regards to your question on the schematics that you can learn, it's just to make the empty campaign shell that is BOE, with no armoring/mod/enhancement. Pretty pointless now that you can add augment slots to just about anything.