1900 dps

LoL-K-Noob

Wish i was told that BEFORE i bought the damn internal Relic, What wasted 300 daily comms...

Having seen this thread ive now respec to balance having been doing telekinetic with lousy dps. Although i have Cleared first two bosses in TFB HM with the TK spec.

Currently on 3/7/31 Full balance Spec

1034.1 Bonus Damage

35.49% Crit Chance with rating of 205

77.42 Surge Rating of 345

7.35 alacrity rating of 228

Thats With all buffs and rakata stim

How goes this comparison with your stats. Should i drop anything or increase anything too?

Hey.

Your stats are almost identical to that of my sage's. I am not exactly sure how to take'em forward from there, but I think you are on the right track. I would personally stack up willpower > power > (check diminishing returns after this) > alacrity > critical > surge. As far as my stats in comparison to yours: I have about 1.2% more critical chance, surge I have +0.2% and alacrity I have about +0.35% more. I think with such stats, one should do roughly 1750-1800 dps to an operation dummy consistently (no adrenalines or armor reduction). I've got the DG elemental proc relic (higher crit rate for force users) and click to use DG +power relic. I upgraded my stats there recently and went full balance. Last two days I've tested those on operations and last night's damage on Withering Horror was about 1750+ (not blasting the small ads at all as we had two commandos wiping them in an instant) and the day before on Jarg and Sorno 1800+ (granted that I double-dotted to even them a little and when they were on middle, force in balance would hit them both).

-Rus

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey.

Your stats are almost identical to that of my sage's. I am not exactly sure how to take'em forward from there, but I think you are on the right track. I would personally stack up willpower > power > (check diminishing returns after this) > alacrity > critical > surge. As far as my stats in comparison to yours: I have about 1.2% more critical chance, surge I have +0.2% and alacrity I have about +0.35% more. I think with such stats, one should do roughly 1750-1800 dps to an operation dummy consistently (no adrenalines or armor reduction). I've got the DG elemental proc relic (higher crit rate for force users) and click to use DG +power relic. I upgraded my stats there recently and went full balance. Last two days I've tested those on operations and last night's damage on Withering Horror was about 1750+ (not blasting the small ads at all as we had two commandos wiping them in an instant) and the day before on Jarg and Sorno 1800+ (granted that I double-dotted to even them a little and when they were on middle, force in balance would hit them both).

-Rus

So with Stats listed below with 3/7/31 im still doing 1700 average over couple mins

My rotation is MC>WM>SF>FIB>TTx4 then rinse and repeat. Does anyone else have a better rotation?

Umm did none of you notice he is doing this on the mk-5 and not mk-6? This parse is actually very low on the droid. Should easily be doing about 2400+ on that one. His dps on a mk-6 is going to be around 1400-1500

There is no Mark 6 from my knowledge.

The standard "Operations Training Target MK-5" which he and myself have been using is the standard.

Edited by AuZZieCxC

A quick question to Those that use balance. Do any of you use disturbance at all? And if you do when do you use it?

In case it makes any difference I use the hybrid 1/12/28 as recommended by Noxxic.

(Madness, but it's the same thing)

No, lightning stike (disturbance) is off my bar. Full Madness for me, but would be the same with the 1/12/28 spec. Shock/project is better dps if you're on the move.

I use Disturbance and Project for burst only or in fights where I know I have Force to spare (adds on Phase 1 of Terror and tantrum, Operator IX before final boss, Kephess the Undying increased damage phase and burn phase, exploding adds on Vorgath minefield (NiM only), adds in F&S shield etc.) but not really as a part of a sustained rotation.

Talking about rotation does it really matter beyond first few seconds if you go:

a) TT until proc - FiB - MC - WM - SF (my rotation)

- slower build up, easier on a tank, instant cast on MC, stacks from FiB get used by all MC ticks (highest DoT)

or

b) MC - WM - FiB - SF - TT (OP's rotation)

- not really sure, At least 2 ticks of MC will not use the FiB stacks and MC has to be casted for the first time (but that matters little)

or

c) FiB - MC - WM - SF - TT (Someone posted this rotation above)

-Big hit at the start but then a casted MC but it does get the FiB stacks.

Either way it seems that 20s into the fight it doesn't really matter which rotation you go with, any ideas?

Edited by Darth_Dreselus

Mind crush is your weakest dot tick for tick, as it ticks every second, where WM and SF tick every three seconds. Wherever possible, you want FiB ticks to NOT be consumed by mind crush dot.

Personally, I don't worry much about it, as my raid has several source (including healers who throw up affliction(WM) on pull, so stacks get used up right away anyway.

My opener (as I don't like to bother with the casted mind crush) is(will try to use sage terms):

WM - SF - cool downs during that gcd - FiB - TT (switch TT and fib if multiple enemies for FiB for crit buff coll down) - MC - threat drop - more TT until stuff comes off cool down.

Probably is not optimal as it delays MC so long, but I don't like the casted MC and I don't like delaying dots. /shrug

So with Stats listed below with 3/7/31 im still doing 1700 average over couple mins

My rotation is MC>WM>SF>FIB>TTx4 then rinse and repeat. Does anyone else have a better rotation?

I have talked to many Sages on the Harbinger and you are about where the rest of us are. I do a parse or two about every day and my average is around 1740 over six minutes in full balance and slightly higher in TK without the armor debuff (I am full dread guard, and have been for some time). My highest parse is 1841, but got lucky with the crits on that one.

I also try to parse in the morning before work and on my ship. I parse as much as 30 DPS more in the early morning (when few are on) than I do at nighttime and nearly 75 DPS more using the dummy on my ship than when I use the training dummy on the fleet. I've been quite surprised at how much of a difference these two conditions make.

Edited by Kuvox

I have talked to many Sages on the Harbinger and you are about where the rest of us are. I do a parse or two about every day and my average is around 1740 over six minutes in full balance and slightly higher in TK without the armor debuff (I am full dread guard, and have been for some time). My highest parse is 1841, but got lucky with the crits on that one.

I also try to parse in the morning before work and on my ship. I parse as much as 30 DPS more in the early morning (when few are on) than I do at nighttime and nearly 75 DPS more using the dummy on my ship than when I use the training dummy on the fleet. I've been quite surprised at how much of a difference these two conditions make.

You might already be doing this, but I try to deal with lag this way:

1. Change your action queue to 1.0 seconds under preferences

2. Queue the next ability mid-cast on the current one

Since the server already has already received my command for the next attack, it will fire it off on-time even if there is lag.

This doesn't work after channeled casts, as the next ability will interrupt the channel, but it is ideal when waiting for the gcd to finish.

Mind crush is your weakest dot tick for tick, as it ticks every second, where WM and SF tick every three seconds.

Not sure I understand what you mean.

Force Suppression (Deathmark) - Increases damage of next 10 DoTs by 20%. As such it seems that you get the most from your highest damaging DoTs. Dunno why the fact that one ticks every second and the others tick every 3 seconds matters.

Not sure I understand what you mean.

Force Suppression (Deathmark) - Increases damage of next 10 DoTs by 20%. As such it seems that you get the most from your highest damaging DoTs. Dunno why the fact that one ticks every second and the others tick every 3 seconds matters.

Its not the frequency of the ticks that is important. They are saying the use the Force Suppression stacks for WM/SF ticks instead of MC because they deal more damage.

Its not the frequency of the ticks that is important. They are saying the use the Force Suppression stacks for WM/SF ticks instead of MC because they deal more damage.

Yes. MC deals less damage in a single tick than either of the other two.

On my sorc:

Creeping Terror (SF): 370 per tick

Affliction(WM): 447 per tick

Crushing Darkness (MC): 228 (274 when used on wrath proc)

Not sure how there is any doubt really?

Anyway, did a bit of parsing using the ship dummy (just bought it today), haven't dummied in a while anyway.

Madness Sorc(All class buffs and exotech stim, no adrenals, like 4 peices away from full dread guard): Around 1720 over like 6 minutes. Made a few mistakes, and ended up with CD(MC) and DF(FiB) synced up, so lots of charges got ate up by CD. Otherwise did pretty well.

Pyro Powertech(All class buffs, rakata stim, no adrenals, black hole (with set bonuses) gear, with 27 barrel and offhand armoring): Like 1820 leveled out over time. And this was with making so many mistakes i cant even count. Mildly poor resource management, forgetting to use relic/class cooldown for minutes at a time, misplacing death from above and losing time, mismanaging gas cylinder dot. Played properly I'd probably be close to 2k in the gear he has.

Kinda depressing. :(

edit: and about 1760 as focus guardian in about the same gear as the ptech, except 26 hilt and prototype stim. Again, so many errors in play that I dont want to talk about them.

Edited by OlosBC

Yes. MC deals less damage in a single tick than either of the other two.

On my sorc:

Creeping Terror (SF): 370 per tick

Affliction(WM): 447 per tick

Crushing Darkness (MC): 228 (274 when used on wrath proc)

Not sure how there is any doubt really?

Oh does the initial hit not get the increase? That would make sense then.

EDIT: Did some parsing and no it doesn't, learn something new every day.