Bulwark is impossible and bugged.

Explain why it is not, because all I can find are lousy beta runs, which has, obviously substantially changed to a 50 uber geared run.

As a level 48 Jedi guardian tank, with a level 50 healer, 45dps and 50dps, this a-hole still manages to wreck the group over and over. This boss needs to be nerfed.

In normal mode? Nothing wrong with him. Interrupt Bulwark Smash, stand under the consoles and profit. Also, 45 seems a bit low, it was listed at a lvl 49 flashpoint.

In hard mode the enrage timer is pretty tight so you need geared DPS but apart from that as long as you get the interrupts seemed ok.

Allow me to paraphrase.

I can't faceroll it. Nerf it. Don't make me get better, make the content easier to cater to me, so when I come on the forums, I can feel like a "pro" too! You know, without the effort.

The boss is EXTREMELY easy in normal mode. Like you if you are failing, you simply don't know how to do the fight.

In hardmode, he just requires DECENT DPS. That's it. Like skilled DPS players in basic lvl 50 gear.

In any case, he is far from impossible. I personally led groups that were doing it first time and we downed him easily - hard mode.

Edited by DirtyStain

okay so maybe this will be helpful, i tried this place on regular and get slaughtered with pugs in 30 seconds on bulwark,

went into heroic with guildies, 1 shotted it easily,

the trick is

1: the 2 panels just need to be clicked one time on each side of him to make the shield go down, u dont even channel it u just punch it and it dies...

2: if you cc a repair droid, it will despawn if not broken, frankly this isnt even needed if your dps are good

3: try your best to interupt bulwark smash (sometimes my jolt doesnt work, not sure why but neither does it matter)

4. make sure you dont have anyone in greens or with an IQ below 20 and your pretty much set to go, if you hit the enrage timer i suggest doing something easier.

its honestly that easy.

Edited by Cuddlezz

More detail, because we cleared the place half an hour ago and it's still fresh in my mind.

1. Tank under one hexagon panel, everybody else under the other one.

2. When he does Bulwark Smash, the tank is instantly stunned. Stun breaks don't work. Somebody else has to interrupt that, quickly, or the tank takes a series of blows for 1700-ish per second followed by a big shot (4000??) at the end of the channel.

3. When he does Bulwark Burst, back off. Way off. Butt to the wall, under the hexagon panel. Further. All the way to the wall. Yeah, that means you. Yes, I know it screws up your camera. Do it anyway. You take no damage if you're on that wall, and 3-4000 if you're standing a couple feet out.

4. When the green shield goes up...stop. Relax. Enjoy. Hear that? It's the sound of your healer topping you off and regenerating while Bulwark stands there being a lump. Once you're all maxed out (even wait for cooldowns, if you want) then hit the panel and resume whomping on him.

REFINEMENTS

5. His aggro is a little flaky. I was able to hold other big guys very consistently for this group, but Bulwark would break off me periodically and have to be taunted back. Be ready for that.

6. If someone is standing too far away from him, Bulwark starts doing the red-circles-on-the-floor **** and we don't want that. It's possible for this to happen on the pull, if the tank uses Force Leap or Storm and the others get caught at range. So tanks, don't. Yeah, I know it gimps your initial threat burst. Sucks. Do it anyway; it keeps your healer from getting whacked like ours did on attempt #2.

7. He alternates Bulwark Burst and Bulwark Smash, which you might find helpful when planning Smash countermeasures like tank cooldowns and interrupts.

Edited by jfahy

...however, if your positioning isn't good he'll shred you surprisingly quickly and you could be forgiven for thinking he's bugged.

He's just very unforgiving, position-wise. Rag on everybody to get right under those hexagons with their heels touching the wall, and don't miss interrupts, and suddenly, "Hey, we can do this!".

(There does seem to be some unavoidable AoE damage, but that's what the green-shield breaks are for.)

I and my three recently-turned-50 friends ran through this zone earlier, and I can say that he's definitely a pain if you don't know the strategy to killing him. After three wipes, we looked up the strat and killed him on our next attempt with relative ease. I don't even want to imagine what kind of a pain the Hard-Mode version of this guy is.

I'm going to piggyback on this post and ask what the hell I was doing wrong. I tried D7 tonight with a group of 50s (badly geared though we were) and we smashed through everything before this boss, I was tanking. We wiped 5 times and gave up.

At first both dps (both were sentinels) were taking massive amounts of damage from AOE's and were getting two- shot. We watched a youtube how-to guide and it said the only way to avoid this was to hug the generator. However, when doing this neither i nor the sentinels could reach him with any melee attacks, and any time they would come out to attack they were promptly 2 shot by AOE's. His hitbox was too small and I could not move him anywhere to get him within melee range while under the generator. Despite our best efforts to interrupt his hammer move, and our best efforts to stand under the generator, our dps could not stop dying, and I would have too had i not had a tank's healthpool. It always just ended up with the healer and I soloing it to 75% ish until it eventually killed me.

What the hell were we doing wrong? I was watching the dps, they were trying to position themselves correctly and trying to interrupt, but he was simply not attackable with melee from the generators' vicinity.

Edited by Duradel

You only have to be on the walls when Bulwark Burst goes off. The rest of the time, you can move up, stand on his toes and beat on him. Melee DPS have to watch for those casting bars and react accordingly...

The only explanation I have for your DPS getting blown up is that they weren't positioning themselves accurately. Not being right under the hexagon, or not being right up in contact with the wall, gets you hit hard. If they go down, you lose your interrupts and get destroyed by the next Bulwark Smash.

Edited by jfahy