Oricon Story: Mission "The hand that sees"

WizardGR

I was doing the story content on Oricon, but to my big surprise, I couldn't finish it.

I entered in the portal normally, but the 2 consoles was blue all the time, without any "hand" to click them.

I reset the quest and went back to the stairs of the tower. (Quest asks to go to the steps for start)

So I entered again with same results.

With some luck I found that I could click the 2 consoles from the right side.

The quest was updating.

I did also the 3rd console to lower the shield, but that didn't worked, even if the quest was updated (watch at the left that the console is active)

Resetting didn't work, so I tried to relog in.

That worked.

The shield was down and I could click the button, with the 2 consoles inactive.

The daily of this quest worked as intended, without any weird circumstances, like above

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Having done this a bunch of times in dailies for rep grind: the workaround is to log out and log back in (no need to exit game, just ESC -> Logout -> Immediate -> Push button to resume playing as character), then re-enter the phase. Progress shouldn't be lost.

I noticed something similar to this on Alderaan doing the Sith Inquisitor story a week ago. When you have to retrieve the relic from the vault, the console for the shield is almost unclickable, and when you finally roll over it and are able to click it the shield only dims, as if there were double the "shield object" in the game. The fix is the same, relog.

Bugs galore and the fixers apparently have no idea what they're doing to the game with each patch.

Edited by MagicTerror

• 2 weeks later...
Just had the bug happening to me and found this thread immediately when I did a search for it. Figured I'd add my report to it, maybe get it more attention. Seriously, a year and a half and no fix for a bug that can halt progress? Come on, devs. I guess there's an easy work-around (haven't tried it yet), but it doesn't seem like something that should take a year and a half to fix.