Question...I get stuck moving sometimes, answer?

RoughRaptors

Alright this has been going on for a long time now and no one I know has encountered it. I can't imagine what could be causing it aside from keybindings, but I looked it all over and nothing I see could cause it unless something within the game code is causing it when I press a certain combination of buttons.

Basically what happens is that I will be playing like normal, and then I will get completely stuck either moving forward or backwards. I can't cast anything except forcequake, salvation, and my instant casts (making me near worthless). If I turn on auto run while stuck walking backwards, I will stop in place, but still be unable to cast. If i am stuck walking forwards, I have to hold down the S key to keep myself from moving. Very...very rarely I can mash my keyboard hard enough and it will break out of whatever has happened, but most of the time this does not end until I either relog or the Warzone ends.

If anyone has had similar experiences or has any clue on how to fix this, it would be much appreciated. Thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I've had it happen. You look like you're hovering, and you can't use any casted abilities, or use your ooc heal. It's very frustrating.

I am not hovering, my character is stuck running forwards or backwards and I cannot cast anything with a cast time due to being stuck moving. Basically autorun super turns on and won't turn off, turning on auto run just makes me stand in place. It is in the game application only because alt tabbing does not press the S or W key repeatedly.

Edited by RoughRaptors

Finally...someone who feels my pain, yet no solution :-/...When this happens I generally tell my team I'm bugged while furiously mashing my keyboard. If my character doesn't stop moving I'll just go afk until the game ends in a corner because I'm worthless.

Alright this is getting ridiculous. I think it has sometime to do with their terrible movement system involving the control button being held down. I tried remapping everything to alt...and it just doesn't work for me. I broke my keyboard in anger this morning from being stuck constantly, and I consistently just have to AFK warzones due to this happening. Would appreciate any advice aside from remapping my keys or just wait for an unlikely fix...

The only fix is to relog or leave the warzone entirely. If it happens outside of the warzone I have to log out and back in. NOTHING works (aside from furiously smashing my keyboard which will occasionally break me out of it). It has to do with keybindings involving control, I'm 99% sure of this due to being able to very rarely stop it by mashing my keyboard in anger. Edited by RoughRaptors

This started to happen to me after binding most of my keys to a conrol modifier. I was using alt before but I got an annoying beeping while it was held down. It seems either way I'm not going to get what I want. To clearify, it's not some character running in place or stuck bug. It's being forced into auto run with no way out. Edited by TehGorgy

This started to happen to me after binding most of my keys to a conrol modifier. I was using alt before but I got an annoying beeping while it was held down. It seems either way I'm not going to get what I want. To clearify, it's not some character running in place or stuck bug. It's being forced into auto run with no way out.

From what I have tested, to enable this undocumented key binding "feature" that will cause the character to get stuck in an autorun phase, I was able to reproduce the error as follows.

Holding the forward key (W in my case), then pressing and holding the control key for 3+ seconds, will place the character in autorun. While using this "feature" as I have outlined can be stopped by simply pressing the "W" key again, there seems to be some key combinations that will not remove the character from autorun.

Case in point, while using the method outlined above to place the character in the autorun (continuing to hold W and or strafing) phase, if the user presses other keys while holding the control key down and pressing another key (in my case Q and or E), the character will get stuck in the autorun phase (this technically could be forward or backward depending on which keystroke the user was hitting).

I have randomly been able to stop the character from being in the autorun phase by pressing and holding the "W" key and then hitting the "Q" key, but it is not always reliable. It is fairly easy for me to reproduce the problem when I am pvping, as I am spamming multiple keystrokes at a time. Considering this was my first night of pvping and having to spam keys and move my character quicker then in my pve encounters (thus far in the game) it was / is rather frustrating.

It's 2:45am for me and the words are starting to blur together, so I will see what I can reproduce tomorrow. Oh btw, I was also able to turn off all the sounds in the game by using a mixture of key combinations from above. I can't remember the exact combination as I am passing out on my chair...

/end rant :confused:

i had this happen to me and it does have to do with a combination of ctrl and moving. The way i would get my self out of auto run was to face my char at a wall so i would keep running into that wall as not to go anywhere then i would go to my key bindings and unbind W and rebind it again. This stopped me from auto running and i was back to normal. I would assume if your going backwards instead of W unbind and rebind S. Hope this helps.

I can confirm this, happened when I vanished and got stunned at the same instant.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPMK1VLk33k&feature=youtu.be

Confirmed that /stuck doesn't work

That's happened to me a few times, you get stuck in the animation of the stun even after it's worn off.

Even though you look 'stunned' you can still use abilities, just not move. The only way I found of getting out of it was either dying or being pulled/pushed.

I've had this same issue since the start. With me it is moving backwards and to the right. I use my mouse left handed, so I use for movement the I, K, L, and J keys. My side mouse button is assigned to the CNTRL key using logitech setpoint. This getting stuck moving (usually backwards) has gotten me killed a lot while questing. I can only imagine how bad it must be in PVP or flashpoints.

I just did some experimenting trying to duplicate it out of combat. One thing I noticed is that the keys that get "stuck" are ones where if I push the CTRL button first and then they key nothing happens. If I push CTRL and then my forward button (the I key), I move forward. If I push CTRL and then the back button (the K) nothing happens, i have to use the K before hitting CTRL. Same with the L button which I use to strafe right, and which occasionally gets stuck. If I hit the K key to move back and then hit the Ctrl Button for a count of more than "one-one thousand" I am stuck moving backwards. However hitting the back button again (without CTRL held down) stops it. Not having the CTRL button pushed down and pushing the "stuck" key is how I can get the "autorun" to stop.

I think I'm just going to remap my mouse button to the ATL key instead of the CTRL key. As another problem this is causing me (only because i'm left handed) is that I like to use U with a modifier key for a nice accessible keybind and in the game that is set to taking away the UI screen, so that happens accidentally sometimes to me as well. the only reason I've not just remapped my keys yet is that the mouse keys for me are set in Logitech and if I change the ctrl to alt I'll have to go to my other games and reset every keybinding that uses ctrl.

Edit: I just tried duplicating this problem using the CTRL buttons on the keyboard rather than the mouse button that I have assigned to CTRL. It does not happen when using the CTRL button on the keyboard. I do not know what this means. I'm getting ready to make my mouse button the ALT rather than CTRL but now am a little worried that it won't fix it, that it is something about this particular mouse button.

Edited by Onahai

Used to happen to me in PVE as well. BY default autorun is mapped to a mouse button as a secondary if you have a 4 button mouse. Remove the autorun key binding for the mouse button and it stops happening. For some reason the game gets wierd with mouse button interaction.

This happens to me and I agree with the other posters that it seems to be caused by the ctrl key.

The workaround I have found to work is that whenever this happens to me, I spam ctrl-w, which seems to shut the automatic run off.

I do not know if my having "forward" bound to both 'W' and 'CTRL-W' has something to do with it though.

Edited by Alsntm