Class Changes in KOTET

EricMusco

• Dev Post

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really that interested in the changes themselves but how they affect class performance. Does the removal of Phase Walk from Assassins/Shadows mean that they can expect to be desirable in operations as a DPS or do they continue to be one of the lowest DPS classes?

I'm not really that interested in the changes themselves but how they affect class performance. Does the removal of Phase Walk from Assassins/Shadows mean that they can expect to be desirable in operations as a DPS or do they continue to be one of the lowest DPS classes?

The new ability should help but not sure it will be enough.

I think these posts will only serve to fuel the fire. Sin/Shadow looks like it's losing a lot because you didn't post anything coming to the class to replace all the abilities they've lost to Sorc/Sage. I think a more comprehensive look at each class released each week would have been better than a small sample of changes all at once.

The new ability should help but not sure it will be enough.

Yeah it helps Deception but Hatred doesn't receive any new abilitites. Hatred is lacking in DPS, survivability and utility and based on the changes I've seen DPS and utility will continue to lack. Oh, wait a minute I can now guard as a DPS this is going to save everything!

Edited by T_T_P

Yeah it helps Deception but Hatred doesn't receive any new abilitites. Hatred is lacking in DPS, survivability and utility and based on the changes I've seen DPS and utility will continue to lack. Oh, wait a minute I can now guard as a DPS this is going to save everything!

From what I've read, Shadow DPS has not been impressive for at least the last year, and yet all they talk about is making us less mobile? Not sure if they're biased or that incompetent. And that's not even going into them taking away a key part of the shadow tanking rotation. Well, its probably replaced with something else, but they don't mention what that is. :rolleyes:

This is why I wish they had more details. Unless they're still working out the details... which isn't a good sign as its barely three weeks until early access.

I was looking for a very specific nerf and didn't see it, but then read the quoted fine print.

Sigh

Well spotted, I almost missed that one myself.

I think we need more info Eric. These posts were very brief. Do we have to wait for the patch for the full story?

Edited by eriksarcasm

Are we allowed to talk about the planned across the board ability/damage nerfs yet, or is that beyond the scope of this generalised class changes post?

they havent talked about all they are doing, they wont talk about it at all. you will find out on redit or at launch. They certainly bought into the "class fantasy bs" from wow though. You can expect some classes to be castrated upon launch, and maybe fixed Feb to March. I am seeing some huge gaps in their information here. Like flamethrower..we heard what pt's are getting to replace it but not mercs. lots of holes in this info dump.

Hey Eric,

Why the removal of phase walk? This ability was a very important utility for tanking PvE, particularly fights like HM Revan and NiM ops. Furthermore, contrary to what you say, Infiltration Shadow/Deception Assassin did not get an increase in mobility because the addition of shadow stride tied the ability into the rotation, and we rely on phase walk heavily in some parts of fights.

Would you consider reducing the cooldown on force speed to compensate? In the current state of the game, the combination of low DPS for shadows and its low mobility, mostly as a result of the increased cooldown on force speed, means shadow DPS is the least desired class in the game.

~ Eudoxia