Players I shall no longer buff

FlippinFlapJack

Everybody knows that each class has a buff they can give to any other player or party members that gives that player an hour long increase in something. They are called, lucky shot, hunter's boon, mark of power, etc. When encountering another player, I consider giving the buff the polite thing to do and about half the time, the favor is returned.

However, there are two behaviors that will now get a buff withheld from me (as if anyone really cares).

1) Players who think they are kangaroos. There is a time and place for jumping. However, moving from one GTN kiosk to another in your giant petty ***** compensating scooter is not it. The only reason to bounce down the fleet hallways is to draw attention to yourself. I will not buff you in hopes that you get ganked.

2) Female companions treated as sex objects. So I asked a commando how Elara Dorne did in combat wearing the sex slave suit. His response: "That b**th is useless, I take Aric. I only bring her out on the fleet to show off." Is that something you want your mother to hear you say? Look, I'm a guy and I understand that our fantasy lives can get misogynistic but being a man and a gentleman requires us to put away those primal desires. Grow up.

Now that I have got that off my chest I feel better. Thanks for reading.

Everybody knows that each class has a buff they can give to any other player or party members that gives that player an hour long increase in something. They are called, lucky shot, hunter's boon, mark of power, etc. When encountering another player, I consider giving the buff the polite thing to do and about half the time, the favor is returned.

However, there are two behaviors that will now get a buff withheld from me (as if anyone really cares).

1) Players who think they are kangaroos. There is a time and place for jumping. However, moving from one GTN kiosk to another in your giant petty ***** compensating scooter is not it. The only reason to bounce down the fleet hallways is to draw attention to yourself. I will not buff you in hopes that you get ganked.

2) Female companions treated as sex objects. So I asked a commando how Elara Dorne did in combat wearing the sex slave suit. His response: "That b**th is useless, I take Aric. I only bring her out on the fleet to show off." Is that something you want your mother to hear you say? Look, I'm a guy and I understand that our fantasy lives can get misogynistic but being a man and a gentleman requires us to put away those primal desires. Grow up.

I support this.

The worst is when you see a class who's buff you really want (yes you, Smugglers!) and you buff them with yours, then stand in front of them, waiting for them to buff you back. When they don't, you buff them again. And again. And then you bounce up and down in front of them and buff them again. Then they turn and run away.

I guess these people are either jerks (won't buff me back cuz it doesn't benefit them), stupid (can't put 2+2 together that they are supposed to buff me back), or newbs (don't know how to buff me back). I suppose I could send them a whisper and ask for the buff but, I'm lazy. :D

You'd never make it as a Jedi. :csw_yoda:

Alrighty then.

This ... lol

Some people... /smh.

Not that I bother doing any of that but um ... (a) your buffs aint that special, (b) most people can already give themselves multiple buffs thx to legacy ... and © if they were "special" id much rather buff them over you since, even though they maybe be immature pervs, they mind their own business!

I suppose I could send them a whisper and ask for the buff but, I'm lazy. :D

A polite request is the only way you would get one out of me. I have to hold folks that I assume are adults at a higher standard than my two children.

Some people just have OCD and just have to be doing something all the time. Plus with the 15min loggoff timer the problem is amplified. And yes...I am a kangaroo

How do you know elara doesn't like it? maybe she is kinky in his universe and she likes when he calls her *****. There are really girls like that out there you know...

The worst is when you see a class who's buff you really want (yes you, Smugglers!) and you buff them with yours, then stand in front of them, waiting for them to buff you back. When they don't, you buff them again. And again. And then you bounce up and down in front of them and buff them again. Then they turn and run away.

I guess these people are either jerks (won't buff me back cuz it doesn't benefit them), stupid (can't put 2+2 together that they are supposed to buff me back), or newbs (don't know how to buff me back). I suppose I could send them a whisper and ask for the buff but, I'm lazy.

I did not know you could buff players outside your group until I had 2 level 50's. Given that I have never played an mmorpg where a "group buff" could target groups you were not in or people not in your group. I always thought the buffs in thsi game were fairly insignificant too.

I guess these people are either jerks (won't buff me back cuz it doesn't benefit them), stupid (can't put 2+2 together that they are supposed to buff me back), or newbs (don't know how to buff me back). I suppose I could send them a whisper and ask for the buff but, I'm lazy. :D

they could be bots!

I'm lucky, I get the commando and knight buffs on my sage. Next I'll have to do a sniper

Agree.

I had someone in a speeder jumping around in a circle around the GTN terminals. Very distracting.

And hindering...I hate those people.

But yeah I total know where you're coming from OP. I buff almost everyone because I like helping people, at least you get a buff back half the tome...so far sinse headstart for TOR, other than being in a gorup I might have gotten 3 people to buff me back. Meh either way I'll buff most; after playing SWG for its last 3 years, getting people buffed up feels important to me haha.

3) People with immature and/or offensive names. Sorry "Adolf Critler," no buffs for you. Also, don't expect me to come running to help you when you spam the general chat that you need help with a boss, or that you're getting ganked by a group of 50's. You chose that name, this is the fate that you deserve.

3) People with immature and/or offensive names. Sorry "Adolf Critler," no buffs for you. Also, don't expect me to come running to help you when you spam the general chat that you need help with a boss, or that you're getting ganked by a group of 50's. You chose that name, this is the fate that you deserve.

Is "Richard-Cranium" out of the question?

So you dont like how other people play the game?? Are they not entitled to do what they want and play how they want? Well I dont like how you play your game so I refuse to buff you :i_tongue: oh and your a guy and your forum avatar is a girl soooooo ya living some sort of fantasy? I bet your a girl in game. In some peoples eyes thats just wrong.

Edited by aluisi

*to op* its good to get stuff like this off your chest now and then, feel better ? - Not being sarcastic at all here, but really, to be honest, if people jump around like a kangaroo, let them.. its not hurting me or you at all ! ^^

I agree with you on the other one though, not sure if they are companions.. or just some sex object they can stare at :)

*shrug* I happen to feel that characters in games should idealy be eye candy, unless there some reason (such as a plot reason) otherwise. I don't object to beefcake, so I would appreciate it if others don't object to cheesecake.

. I buff almost everyone because I like helping people, at least you get a buff back half the tome...so far sinse headstart for TOR,

I'll buff others if I remember/think about it, (which usually only happens when they buff me.)

Heck, half the time I forget to even buff myself. I've taken to using my buff as the dismount button, just so I don't forget to.

(edit: IIRC, I really liked how EQ2 did it. Any remotely long buff was simply an on/off toggle. Though I'll admit that pretty much removed drive-by buffings)

Edited by GnatB

Some people just want to be idiots and morons when they grow up, because being cool is what really matters.

Next time you see them, be sure to at least say "hi" to the future inmates being supported by your tax dollars.

"My God! The places I've been and the people I've had sex with!" - Phil Ken Sebben

Edited by CaptRavenous