Artifice End Game Schems

Devakan

I just wanted to post this to get other's feedback. I have been a 400 Artifice/Archaeology for a while now and I am having a hard time finding the value in keeping these skills. When I hit 50 and being able to make some Rakata Relic's was nice, but now that I have been a lvl 400 Artifice for a while it just seems like I can't contribute a lot, especially to other members of my guild. The mats that I can collect through Archaeology don't help out much and there has been no new schems that drop in any of the end game HM FP's or OPS. Has anyone heard whether or not they are working on more end game content to come out for the skill Artifice like new schems and such, or whether Arcaeology will be used to collect matts with some other skills matts to make something usefull for all? Otherwise, I just can't see the benefit of keeping them. Thanks.

artifice is extremely useful for most all classes, as it makes mods and enhancements. it is most useful for classes with lightsabers, as i think it is the only crafting skill that makes color crystals.

not to mention, it can make offhand items like nobody's business. you would be surprised how fast a good quality sheild generator or focus can sell on the gtn.

Artifice is EXTREMELY useful in guilds to the person willing to work on it. Your schematics won't drop in end game. You have to learn them. So for the diligent person who wants to learn them for the guild you must spend your Black Hole comms to buy gear, rip it apart and reverse engineer the enhancements. You will have a 20% chance to learn the schematic.

On a side note if you successfully learn the schematic you very likely will be the only person on your server who has the schematic. This is an opportunity to make credits for yourself and your guild.

artifice is extremely useful for most all classes, as it makes mods and enhancements. it is most useful for classes with lightsabers, as i think it is the only crafting skill that makes color crystals.

are you sure artifice is able to make mods? this would be new info for me. I know about the enhancements though.

Artifice is EXTREMELY useful in guilds to the person willing to work on it. Your schematics won't drop in end game. You have to learn them. So for the diligent person who wants to learn them for the guild you must spend your Black Hole comms to buy gear, rip it apart and reverse engineer the enhancements. You will have a 20% chance to learn the schematic.

On a side note if you successfully learn the schematic you very likely will be the only person on your server who has the schematic. This is an opportunity to make credits for yourself and your guild.

Am i misinformed? I was told that Black Hole comms gear ripped enhances couldnt be RE for a schem only mats, only Campaign RE's would yield schems?

Am i misinformed? I was told that Black Hole comms gear ripped enhances couldnt be RE for a schem only mats, only Campaign RE's would yield schems?

Both RE on BH gear and Campaign gear give you schem.

not sure on OH though as my BH i can't RE for schem.

i think it is the only crafting skill that makes color crystals.

They do, but you can have more rarer crystal with the rakata/columi weapons. Like purple/cyan crystal. While the artificer need to spend daily/warzone commendation for common (!) crystals (blue, red). Common color recipes should be earned with crew skill mentor, while rare color should be the way they are now.

Some +41 color crystal are not even available for artifice to craft, common or rare (green crystal).

I have a purple crystal on my rifle. Did I bought it ? Or asked someone to craft it ? No, I just took it from a sith warrior LS. I don't even think artifice is able to craft a +41 purple crystal ATM.

And with the 1.3, crit crafted LS will be far less useful. Just take any orange/purple LS, add a MK6 augment kit and voila ! You will not even be able to craft augment kit.

are you sure artifice is able to make mods? this would be new info for me. I know about the enhancements though.

modifications and/or mods are unfortunately named.

Crystals, barrels, hilts, augments, enhancements, hilts armoring and "mod" mods artend to be categorized under the generic category "modifications"... which people frequently shorten to mods...

Not surprisingly, this tends to lead to some confusion. (which is why I try to specify "mod" mods when I'm referring to the type that goes in the specific slot called "mod")

I expect he meant the just make various modifications in general, not that they make "Mod" mods. (since they don't).