The GREATEST Non-Force Users!

Well this is gonna be similar to Beni's thread of Force Users, only....well its gonna be for the Non-Force Users. However that being said, unlike Beni's thread there is no fixed spots for #1 and #2 because.....well not every Non-Force User is the same and they all have done vastly different things so any could grab the spots.

Take note to include everything that they have done, don't just say "oh so and so gets this spot because they killed Jedi/Sith" while that is impressive and it helps, ya gotta look at the bigger scope of things in their achievements of what they done. Someone doesn't need to kill Jedi or Sith to become a great Non-Force user, so with that being said like Beni's thread there is gonna be 10.

Edit: This is based on combat ability, so what they done in combat and what they are capable of, look over everything. Not space, but what they themselves can do.

1. General Grevious

2. Durge

3. IG-88

4. Boba Fett

5. HK-47

6. Jango Fett

8. Phow Ji

So...any nominations for the #1 spot?

When you nominate someone, please provide what they have done so there is an understanding of why they deserve to have a spot on the list. Also try and not use vague characters in terms of what they have done.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi
Title change.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to say Grand Admiral Thrawn would take the #1 spot. Not only was he a tactical genius, but he was able to circumvent the Imperial prejudice against non-humans. After all he was the secret 13th Grand Admiral, the rest of the Empire beyond his own Fleet for pacifying the Unknown Regions didn't even know of his existence, or at least of his rank. So the remnants of the Empire had no reason to trust him, but he emerged at the head of their navy and sent the New Republic reeling until his assassination by his own bodyguard.

He outwitted just about every other tactician of his day, and those are some of the greatest in history too.

Admiral Ackbar

Garm Bel Iblis

Grand Admiral Zaarin

Gilad Pellaeon, himself a masterful tactician was nearly always at a loss to comprehend Thrawn's ability to see several levels below every action and stay multiple steps ahead of the enemy. He often wondered how differently the Battle of Endor might have been had Thrawn been there, and the Empire had Four other Grand Admirals there.

His one fatal mistake was not anticipating how the Noghri's reverence for Darth Vader would be a weakness his enemies could exploit, specifically that one of the Noghri would be able to identify Leia and not finish the job Thrawn had requested of them.

His fatal oversight was not seeing how easily the Noghri could be turned against them, looking upon them as disposable troops and not working to earn their trust for more than just Lord Vader's caretaker.

Granted as an individual I'm not sure he would rank as powerful, but since the title of the thread is GREATEST, an ambiguous term at best, I think he deserves the #1 spot.

Edited by LordFlasheart

Does General Grievous count? I think he should be considered for somewhere in the list

Responsible for killing many force users, but obviously did not have such an ability himself

1. was appointed Supreme Commander of the Droid Army of the Confederacy of Independent Systems

2. he became a demigod among his people (before the transformation of course)

3. Gained a reputation of a very skilled duelist

4. The republic holonet nicknamed him "The Knight Slayer"

5. Learned all 7 classic forms of the Jedi arts

6. Gained 6 separatist victories within a month - The battle of Anoth, Bakura, captured critical hyperlane routes running to Bespin, Kessel and Mon Calamari. The final one was "had his battle droid forces on Ord Mantell raze an entire civilian township to divert Republic troops and allow himself to escape" Not sure if this is a strategic victory for the CIS or just for himself. - I think this shows that he was worthy of his title of supreme commander, as it shows he has good strategic skill

However, I've heard that the new animated series portrays him as weak and incompetent (I haven't seen it, can anyone confirm?)

Edited by Onyxus

I was thinking Thrawn too given what he has done...i'll be honest I was also gonna just not have anyone post-ROTJ allowed due to it possibly being overhauled and thus no more Thrawn. He is a brilliant tactician that is for sure, does he have any other strengths though besides? Just to give him more a leg to stand at 1?

As for Grevious....he can be a contender sure for #1.

Any other nominations?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I'd like to make a suggestion and say we narrow this down a little so that greatest refers to combat ability. The reason being that in the end its a matter of opinion whether Thrawn is 'greater' than say Jango Fett as their skills exist in different spheres and are incomparable.

Its like trying to say who's the greatest animal on the planet. A tiger for its deadliness? An ape for its intelligence? A cockroach for its durability? A cheetah for its speed? We can't say whether one is 'greater' than the other.

I am not entirely sure who to nominate. I think about someone like say Wedge Antilles, he could vape any other non-force sensitive in starfighter combat easily (Except maybe Baron Fel, his nephew Jagged, and Tycho Celchu). But put him on the ground and while he was capable with blasters, vibroblades and hand to hand, he wouldn't stand a chance against Grievous or the Fett's. He was also an above average tactician, though most of that came in Post-RotJ.

The Fett's too were both above average pilots, their hand to hand skills and weapon mastery was nearly second to none. But I am not sure they had much experience with large scale engagement tactics (small group sure) and both were loners who had pissed off or scared away anyone who was ever close to them. Send them against Thrawn or Antilles who both easily made allies and could command them in such a way as to make easy work of either Fett.

I'd like to make a suggestion and say we narrow this down a little so that greatest refers to combat ability. The reason being that in the end its a matter of opinion whether Thrawn is 'greater' than say Jango Fett as their skills exist in different spheres and are incomparable.

Its like trying to say who's the greatest animal on the planet. A tiger for its deadliness? An ape for its intelligence? A cockroach for its durability? A cheetah for its speed? We can't say whether one is 'greater' than the other.

That's a good point, and I think I agree. It should be based on combat ability. It would be too difficult to rank them if we compared tactical capabilities to combat abilities. It would create some philosophical debates, though. ;)

Well its pretty obvious Cipher Nine occupy the first place.After that you have a bunch of Bounty Hunters and Mandalores.

That is assuming we are talking about pure combat skills.

Edited by Kaedusz

Personally I think it should be all encompassing tactical piloting ground so on while Thrawn is great in the first and I am sure he has some training the in the lower 2 I think there are more well rounded characters that could take the higher spots (think of it this way for jedi we have Control Sense and Alter one is not enough to get you high you need to be good at all 3 same for here).

That being Said I would like to Nominate Wedge for one of the lower ranks as he was great at both tactical and space fighting (I put space combat above ground combat as once you take the planets space you can cut off supplies and such to the ground making it far more important to hold space then to hold ground so while ground combat is important space is doubly so).

Edited by tunewalker

Alright, alright, I guess I wasn't thinking that far ahead. But will do it based on combat ability I suppose.
In that case, I shall nominate General Grievous as #1

Became a famed warlord during the Huk War.

One of the greatest Jedi hunters in history.

Wielded multiple lightsabers in an unorthodox formed that rivaled that of skilled Jedi duelists.

Cybernetic augmentations in his brain allowed him to analyse his opponents attacks even able to calculate a response to Windu's Vaapad.

Really, I can't imagine any other fighter other than a Force user would could possibly defeat him. In fact he's the only real non-Force user that comes to mind that could fight on par with Jedi for a prolonged period of time.

Edited by Beniboybling

In that case, I shall nominate General Grievous as #1

Became a famed warlord during the Huk War.

One of the greatest Jedi hunters in history.

Wielded multiple lightsabers in an unorthodox formed that rivaled that of skilled Jedi duelists.

Cybernetic augmentations in his brain allowed him to analyse his opponents attacks even able to calculate a response to Windu's Vaapad.

Really, I can't imagine any other fighter other than a Force user would could possibly defeat him. In fact he's the only real non-Force user that comes to mind that could fight on par with Jedi for a prolonged period of time.

Forgot Durge. :p But yes, I suppose he would be the good choice for number 1 among other things. I think Durge would be 2nd or actually could be a nice contender for 1st, given his biology, armor and the like, able to see Jedi in slow motion, able to keep up with em and so forth. I mean it took a *********** star just to kill the guy....

While he may not be able to wield lightsabers, the guy didn't need em lol.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Forgot Durge. :p But yes, I suppose he would be the good choice for number 1 among other things. I think Durge would be 2nd or actually could be a nice contender for 1st, given his biology, armor and the like, able to see Jedi in slow motion, able to keep up with em and so forth. I mean it took a *********** star just to kill the guy....
Durge would be candidate, but we know Grievous beat Durge so #2 only. Edited by Beniboybling

Durge would be candidate, but we know Durge beat Grievous so #2 only.

You mean the other way around. :p But quite...shall go fill them in, I guess it was easier then I though....hmm...well...you sure GG should be 1st and not Durge? Given their capabilities? I mean I would take it, that GG would be however...there are 2 different versions of GG here, the perfect one which would more then likely take the #1 spot because....he never seemed to fail. Then the more down to earth one, where he wasn't perfect but he was still ok and not being flawless.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Well what's the criteria here? I mean is it best hand to hand fighters, fighter pilots, gun slingers, tacticians?

I mean little help here.

Its combat ability, so hand to hand, ranged, melee if it were fighters would have been space combat instead of just combat.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi