Rakghoul Pandemic complete walkthrough

cosmasterkiller

Nice set of guides you've got.

One thing that myself and fellow guildies learned last night is that the New dailies that they unlocked everday are indeed linear.

Meaning that you have to complete 1, wait a day get 2, wait a day get 3, etc.... which means that if you started day 1 today then you'd have to wait 5 days, 6 if you want the belt, to do them all (and get the whole set of gear). And at this point anyone starting today wouldn't make it all the way since the event ends on the 24th.

There are a very limited number of people that realized this information and now will be the only ones with a very unique armor set.

Edited by LaRue

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A piece of feedback,

Great that we have an evolving "live' event that gives out a few things avid gamers enjoy (title, pet, armor set...).

One issue I have (I have not found any solution to it, is there one ?), is that the armor set is light armor (ie cloth), meaning that as a heavy armor wearer is i pop my mods in it i get the stats bonuses but NOT the armor value.

I tried yesterday with my level 40 armor and i basically loose armor...

I s there a way to switch this armor from light to medium or heavy for the people that wear that kind of armor?

I wanted to wear the set from level 40 to 50 to have an unusual look and because it fits Bounty Hunter Style quite well, but it seems i have to pass for now.

Has anyone heard if there would be a possibility to trade these pieces for the same ones of a different armor value? Could this be implemented at the end of the event (ie trade in to a Merchant of sorts?).

Thanks for any answer.

The answer to this is that it's not primarlily intended to be combat gear, that's why it's got a social rank requirement to it (lvl1 social) which most people get within 5 minutes of starting a new character. This is basically vanity gear so that you can dress up role play on while on the fleet/ homeplanet or lower lvl planets, it does have the slots so you can gear it up, and it's true that for light armour users they get the full armour value when they load it up for them, where as for medium armour or heavy armour users you'd only get the light armour value of the armouring slot.

In the end i don't think it's a huge deal though, for myself personally on my main shadow that uses light armour this set wouldn't work once you hit endgame because no set bonus. I'll just be using it to scare people on the fleet :)

i'm definately not going to spend the 100k + creds to fill it up with all lvl 50 mods to make it combat worthy, except maybe the belt.

Also as to the (apparent) lack of a new daily today, i'm going to attribute that to the fact that yesterdays daily offered 3 awards to choose from (dna sample x1, chestpiece, and belt i believe) meaning that you'd have to do it 2x anyway to get both armour pieces available for that quest. I'm going to assume along with some of the other people as well that there's going to be a big "Finale" quest for the weekend, which will still give people who started a couple of days late a chance to finish up

I am THINKING they will do something over the weekend since the story isnt over with yet. That could be the last of the dailies though.

Seems like it. Just got the belt (I did chest yesterday) so now I'm complete with armor set.

Seems like it. Just got the belt (I did chest yesterday) so now I'm complete with armor set.

you don't think they'll add the bracers?

I'm guessing there might be also a weapon of sorts ( like the flare gun you get from the deluxe or CE editions of the game) that you can equip socially. The one "containment" officer that rapels down from the ceiling when you try to break quarantine in the space port hits you with a sort of flame thrower. I think it'd be pretty cool if i could use that, it'd probably scare a bunch of people on the fleet

One issue I have (I have not found any solution to it, is there one ?), is that the armor set is light armor (ie cloth), meaning that as a heavy armor wearer is i pop my mods in it i get the stats bonuses but NOT the armor value.

I tried yesterday with my level 40 armor and i basically loose armor...

I s there a way to switch this armor from light to medium or heavy for the people that wear that kind of armor?

I wanted to wear the set from level 40 to 50 to have an unusual look and because it fits Bounty Hunter Style quite well, but it seems i have to pass for now.

Social items are only light for now, Bioware said they'll be doing something with that but no ETA. So any class with armor other than light have no use of those items in normal gameplay.

also

BRACERS would be nice. Pretty please.

you don't think they'll add the bracers?

I'm guessing there might be also a weapon of sorts ( like the flare gun you get from the deluxe or CE editions of the game) that you can equip socially. The one "containment" officer that rapels down from the ceiling when you try to break quarantine in the space port hits you with a sort of flame thrower. I think it'd be pretty cool if i could use that, it'd probably scare a bunch of people on the fleet

They could do bracers or a weapon as some kind of finale for the event but I'm not so sure they will. The Containment Officer gear appears to be intended as social gear. So it's all about the look. Considering that bracers are almost never seen on gear sets they may not add them simply because you will never see them. I don't even know of any social gear sets that have bracers. Not saying they don't exist but I've personally never seen them. Furthermore, considering that they put the chest piece and the belt into the same mission reward that tells me that the social gear rewards are now done being implemented. If they had planned to add bracers as well then they would have likely made them a reward alongside another piece of gear already. A weapon being available at the end of the event might happen but as I said I think they're probably done with the whole social gear part of the event.

Ofcourse I could be completely wrong about all of that.

Just out of curiosity...

I see the armor reward pieces for the legs, feet, hands, and head. Is there a robe/torso piece, too?

Yes. You get it from doing the most recently released daily. Look to the first post here for information on it.

Yeah...I should have looked a bit further before posting. Just a couple minutes after I posted that, I found the answer :/

Oh well, live and learn, I suppose.

Edit: Next question. Since these armor pieces are light armor, are they as good as medium/heavy modable pieces or do those offer better protection / armor rating?

Edited by Roshe

Yes there appears to be specific requirements for some of these quests. I was told by bioware that they are remaining very quiet about the quests and letting the community find out on their own, which I think is pretty cool. It could get frustrating if players are unable to get the complete social set however...

So far, all of the new quests are found within the old. So, if you're doing all of the dailies everyday, it's hard to miss the new quest. The only one that wasn't obvious was the one for the crimson rakling.

Yeah...I should have looked a bit further before posting. Just a couple minutes after I posted that, I found the answer :/

Oh well, live and learn, I suppose.

Edit: Next question. Since these armor pieces are light armor, are they as good as medium/heavy modable pieces or do those offer better protection / armor rating?

If you're anything but a Light Armor wearing class I'd advise against using this gear in combat. This gear is pretty much intended to just be social gear. However, if in the future they make the change they said they would and allow social gear to scale with whatever your typical armor type is then you could use this gear in an Operation if you wanted.

Edited by Varteras

If you're anything but a Light Armor wearing class I'd advise against using this gear in combat. This gear is pretty much intended to just be social gear. However, if in the future they make they change they said they would and allow social gear to scale with whatever your typical armor type is then you could use this gear in an Operation if you wanted.

That's what I thought. I'm getting it for my Sage and my Kira / Nadia companions as they wear light armor anyway, but I figured I'd just collect the dna instead of the armor pieces for my Sentinel. Thanks.

Edited by Roshe

Just so you know, I've been wearing the set for about 1 hour now (helmet, chest, arms, legs, feet, belt), I am feverish and have NOT exploded. Apparently the entire set keeps you from exploding. maybe something to do with another quest in the chain? Or just a set bonus maybe

EDIT:

NVM.. I must have been resetting it somehow.. moment I left tatooine, it reset the timer and 10 minutes later.. boom.. so maybe works only on Tatooine..

Edited by rhirne

Nope, nothing new yet.

I think the dailies were just for the gear (well and DNA as a secondary reward).

I already bought the crit and power level 50 crystals, and the grey pet, now hopefully I can get Trooper or Sith Warrior companion customizations.....I so want an Elara Dorne customization though...I'm at the point where she and I have an official relationship...romancing a "zombie" hehe...