Star Wars 7 Movie Casting - UK

PhantomAxe

Other directors that should never be given an established sci-fi franchise.

Paul W. S. Anderson.

Len Wiseman

Rolland Emmerich

Uwe Boll

Directors I would really like to see do a Star Wars film.

Danny Boyle

Christopher Nolan

Joss Whedon

Drew Goddard

Guillermo Del Toro

Gore Verbinski

Josh Trank

Rian Johnson

:cool

:

Good lists, how would you rate Peter Jackson's potential?

Edited by Joesixxpack

Agreed, Michael Bay would be worse than J.J., but not by much.

Other directors that should never be given an established sci-fi franchise.

Paul W. S. Anderson.

Len Wiseman

Rolland Emmerich

Uwe Boll

Directors I would really like to see do a Star Wars film.

Danny Boyle

Christopher Nolan

Joss Whedon

Drew Goddard

Guillermo Del Toro

Gore Verbinski

Josh Trank

Rian Johnson

:cool:

I do see some of your points and I hope Abrams doesn't screw it up too bad. I was a little more excited before I saw the second Star Trek, the underwater ship for no reason really irked me too. I would have much rather seen Jose Whedon. I think Nolan could potentially be worse than Abrams. I'm joking about this, but what about a Quentin Tarantino Star Wars? :D

I do like old Star Trek from TV and from movies. However, I really liked what JJ did with it, too. Both ways of storytelling are entertaining. I think JJ is gonna rock EP VII!

Whether old school Trekkers like it or not... the Franchise was effectively dead and shelved due to the progressive movie failures culminating with Nemesis. Credit to JJ for bringing it back to life and to the studio for having the courage to gamble on a corpsed franchise one more time.

JJ brings an edginess and willingness to stay inside the box while pulling outside the box elements into the main. I think he will be good for the SW franchise. You certainly will not see any Jar Jar silliness from him.

Edited by Andryah

Good lists, how would you rate Peter Jackson's potential?

Peter Jackson could do a good follow up trilogy, but it would have to be a whole trilogy. He works better when he's not under a strict time limit (point in case, King Kong). That's why I left him off the list. I don't think Disney will be willing to wait that long.

I'm joking about this, but what about a Quentin Tarantino Star Wars? :D

Considering his love for kitsch and camp, that would be a disaster.

No, if Quentin does a sci-fi film (which I think he should, it's one of the few genres he hasn't touched) he should do something like Buck Rogers or even better Flash Gordon. It'd fit right in with his love of the old serials.

You certainly will not see any Jar Jar silliness from him.

Oh yeah, did you not even see Keenser? The pointless little alien character thrown in for cuteness and comic relief and nothing more? That's just one step away from Jar Jar, IMO.

Edited by Blackavaar

I expect major lens flare and camera shake with the new movies, which will be totally annoying.

Kind of like real life, driving in your car, eh? :)

Personally, it's one aspect of his style I really admire. It's up there with Lucas making in-movie gear look used, scaped up, and in need of some TLC. It adds a grittiness of real life to the screen play.

Edited by Andryah

Oh yeah, did you not even see Keenser? The pointless little alien character thrown in for cuteness and comic relief and nothing more? That's just one step away from Jar Jar, IMO.

No contest between the two. Keenser was a side piece.... a bit player...like tribbles...or random aliens in a bar scene. Jar Jar on the opposite extreme was made into a digitally rendered protagonist integral to a movie plot.

Edited by Andryah

No contest between the two. Keenser was a side piece.... a bit player...like tribbles...or random aliens in a bar scene. Jar Jar on the opposite extreme was made into a digitally rendered protagonist integral to a movie plot.

I hear that tribbles are trouble. :t_biggrin:

Whether old school Trekkers like it or not... the Franchise was effectively dead and shelved due to the progressive movie failures culminating with Nemesis. Credit to JJ for bringing it back to life and to the studio for having the courage to gamble on a corpsed franchise one more time.

JJ brings an edginess and willingness to stay inside the box while pulling outside the box elements into the main. I think he will be good for the SW franchise. You certainly will not see any Jar Jar silliness from him.

Edginess is one thing, glaring inconsistencies and basic things that in general just doesn't make sense is another. Something I had mentioned in another thread was the engine room of the Enterprise where it looked more like the steam plant mech rooms I work in on the Naval base here instead of a technologically advanced engine room that makes faster than light travel possible. Or given the stated limitations of transporter technology in the movie and then all of a sudden Khan is transporting himself from earth to Klingon.....:confused:. Thats not edgy thats just story breaking.