Mass Manipulation Generator - where do these drop?

DarthTexas

Has it occured to anyone that one does not NEED raid-level gear if you never ever set foot into an operation?

On the same note: has it occured to anyone that it requires SLIGHTLY more effort to beat a boss encounter in an operation that it does to craft an item?

Because seriously, what do you have to do? Sit in your spaceship and send your companions to gather your ressources, then click on the recipe you want, the end? Wow...and you expect the result of that to be the same as a more or less concentrated effort of 8 or 16 people?

This has nothing to do with "cuddling raiders". Crafting is noway near as risky or time consuming as raiding is and thus the rewards should not be as good as raid drops.

Would the crafting here be something like in Everquest (for example), where crafting is not an AFK-activity then yes...crafted items should be a viable alternative. But not like this.

Has it occured to anyone that one does not NEED raid-level gear if you never ever set foot into an operation?

On the same note: has it occured to anyone that it requires SLIGHTLY more effort to beat a boss encounter in an operation that it does to craft an item?

Because seriously, what do you have to do? Sit in your spaceship and send your companions to gather your ressources, then click on the recipe you want, the end? Wow...and you expect the result of that to be the same as a more or less concentrated effort of 8 or 16 people?

This has nothing to do with "cuddling raiders". Crafting is noway near as risky or time consuming as raiding is and thus the rewards should not be as good as raid drops.

Would the crafting here be something like in Everquest (for example), where crafting is not an AFK-activity then yes...crafted items should be a viable alternative. But not like this.

I agree with you completely that if one does not raid then raid level gear is not necessary and that raiding deserves better rewards than not raiding. But let's look at a scenario (one that I am sort of in at the moment):

Player wants to progress in operations, but joined the process late. How does one "catch up?" Even the most friendly guilds will only go so far as they do not want to stall their progression to backtrack and help their new comrade (especially since the HM and NiM ops share the same weekly lockouts). And individually, a player will have a very hard time catching up totally on his/her own as the Ultimate comm gear stat distribution is terrible.

Personally, I have gotten as far as I can go with HM FPs and SM Ops (the only thing I get to look forward to is the Arkanian set bonus). Now where do I go to get gear for the next level? As I just said, Ultimate comms gear stat distribution sucks, so even grinding out the comms to get grade 31/72 gear is not really viable. That means buying item mods from other players. Whether to use or RE (in the hopes of getting the schematic) does not matter); I NEED a source of item mods.

• 2 months later...
They should replace the MMG on 30 gear with several isotope-5. Especially now that basic coms can buy you grade 30 stuff. What I find amusing is that it's actually easier to get the isotope-5 than the Exotic Element Equalizer, for a solo player who isn't already decked out in raid gear (and thus, can easily do HM FP's), meaning, I'm actually better off crafting 31 gear. A week of doing dailies will net me easily 175 Basic coms and 500k, which can make me a grade 31. Why would I want to make a grade 30 by ignoring my basic coms and putting even more money into mats, if I already have to buy the MMG, since I can't get it on my own one way or the other? With MMG's as part of grade 30 crafted gear, they make it pointless to craft. Edited by Ardrekore

They should replace the MMG on 30 gear with several isotope-5. Especially now that basic coms can buy you grade 30 stuff. What I find amusing is that it's actually easier to get the isotope-5 than the Exotic Element Equalizer, for a solo player who isn't already decked out in raid gear (and thus, can easily do HM FP's), meaning, I'm actually better off crafting 31 gear. A week of doing dailies will net me easily 175 Basic coms and 500k, which can make me a grade 31. Why would I want to make a grade 30 by ignoring my basic coms and putting even more money into mats, if I already have to buy the MMG, since I can't get it on my own one way or the other? With MMG's as part of grade 30 crafted gear, they make it pointless to craft.

Even Isotope 5 is too much for something that come from every HM FP (Iso5 doesn't drop from HM FP).

69/30 now is entering gear obtainable with dailies and FPs, it has no reason to require any material from OPs at all.

I am almost geared 5 chars with greed drops from HM FP / SM OPS and have some recipes on top.

They just dusting in my lists...

As someone who has spent a fortune in the past on crafted items from the GTN to improve my characters. I can hand on heart tell you it is an utter waste of money. Crafting these items is a money sink for the people making them and the people buying them. Of course I am still pulling the mods and armourings etc from the items I win, sticking them in legacy armour posting them across to my crafters. Who pull them out again and reverse engineer in the hope I get lucky and learn the schematic. All the time I am taking chunks out of the money I earn. Not sure why I am doing it but I am.

Oricon like the last armour upgrade and the time before that has changed things. You can run a new 55 character with a small group through Oricon in less than 2 hours picking up a full armour set that is better than what you can get doing half the operations currently active in game. Then it is all about comms. Running hard modes flashpoints and operations etc, pretty much anything that give the two top level comms and buying upgrades. With the exception of the set bonuses you can have pretty much the best armour in game within a couple of months max. You also get loads of these Mass manipulater thingies from drops or completing the quests. My advise sell them, not that I am of course. But that goes back to my stupid reverse engineering thing.

As someone who has spent a fortune in the past on crafted items from the GTN to improve my characters. I can hand on heart tell you it is an utter waste of money. Crafting these items is a money sink for the people making them and the people buying them. Of course I am still pulling the mods and armourings etc from the items I win, sticking them in legacy armour posting them across to my crafters. Who pull them out again and reverse engineer in the hope I get lucky and learn the schematic. All the time I am taking chunks out of the money I earn. Not sure why I am doing it but I am.

Oricon like the last armour upgrade and the time before that has changed things. You can run a new 55 character with a small group through Oricon in less than 2 hours picking up a full armour set that is better than what you can get doing half the operations currently active in game. Then it is all about comms. Running hard modes flashpoints and operations etc, pretty much anything that give the two top level comms and buying upgrades. With the exception of the set bonuses you can have pretty much the best armour in game within a couple of months max. You also get loads of these Mass manipulater thingies from drops or completing the quests. My advise sell them, not that I am of course. But that goes back to my stupid reverse engineering thing.

Purple 66 are not better than OPs token rewards + drops (69 + set bonuses) and 72 commendation ones.

I did say half of the ops, not all. Of course you can get better 69,s 72's 78s. It would be a very stupid thing to say if I did but if you take a look I didn't.

It still stands though that you can't do better in 2 hours and as easy. Some FPS and ops are redundant since Oricon but of course not all. Otherwise what would be the point of operations or HM 55 FP.

Edited by abercromb

They need to remove items for crafting that require OPs to get the components. 69s do not need to have MMGs, and really neither do 72s.

They should come from rare crits from tier 9 treasure hunting, uw trading, diplomacy, etc, or themselves become craftable from the regular rare materials.

This game needs to become more crafter friendly, more hands on, and entice those people who normally enjoy mmo crafting into the game.

I did say half of the ops, not all. Of course you can get better 69,s 72's 78s. It would be a very stupid thing to say if I did but if you take a look I didn't.

It still stands though that you can't do better in 2 hours and as easy. Some FPS and ops are redundant since Oricon but of course not all. Otherwise what would be the point of operations or HM 55 FP.

yeah put no one runs EV for the drops. they run it for the comms for the weekly

They need to remove items for crafting that require OPs to get the components. 69s do not need to have MMGs, and really neither do 72s.

They should come from rare crits from tier 9 treasure hunting, uw trading, diplomacy, etc, or themselves become craftable from the regular rare materials.

This game needs to become more crafter friendly, more hands on, and entice those people who normally enjoy mmo crafting into the game.

I agree. It's not crafter friendly. The top level items should be difficult to get and restricted to ops or something similar. But one level down should be something obtainable with effort and I don't mean running ops to obtain the mats. Lets hope that the designers take a 5 min break from cartel creation and pop some effort in to social items players can craft. That would be very nice to see,

MMGs are rare for a reason, if they werent, like some people here said already, people would simply sit on the fleet craft gear and whine theres nothing to do, same as in real life, a bunch of cry babies who want everything handed to them. Crafting is supposed to be a small part of the game, not the majority of it. Also if you want something you got to work for it, but again, just like in real life, everyone feels entitled and needs stuff handed to them.

72s may keep 1 MMG ... but we need new crafted gear level between 72 and 78 (Let say 74 to be bellow 75 from old NiM OPs) that get mats requirements from 72s, 72 become as 69s now - 1 MMG and green mats, 69s - 2 EEE and purple/green mats from crew skills.

Whole idea is that we get 69s drops from HM FPs ... with EEE mats drops only - it has no saint mean to need other mats.

To have meaningful crafting we have to be able to craft what we loot - I got greed 69s from FPs - RE and have not needed schematic because it require mats that cannot be obtained from where original piece come.

Same with 72 (and theoretical 74) - they would come from OPs - so it would be reasonable to require OPs dropped mats.

MMGs are rare for a reason, if they werent, like some people here said already, people would simply sit on the fleet craft gear and whine theres nothing to do, same as in real life, a bunch of cry babies who want everything handed to them. Crafting is supposed to be a small part of the game, not the majority of it. Also if you want something you got to work for it, but again, just like in real life, everyone feels entitled and needs stuff handed to them.

No one is asking for stuff to be handed to them, but 69's can be gotten with basic comms now, and they should not require a MMG. 72s can be had with elite comms, and don't require doing OPs either.