WHY, Bind on Pickup to CRAFTER???

PathosRah

Why in the world would a BioChem have the option to make multiple different Rikata Stims that only bound to them and you can't sell or trade them?

This isn't even logical. At the very least you should be able to give them to your alt toons. Please explain because this is ridiculous!

It is a rare and unique bonus for players who choose BioChem. And BioWare is brilliant for implementing it this way, if you don't like it maybe you should go to a competing MMO... oh wait, they all do it this way! All the good ones anyway... copycats...

It is a rare and unique bonus for players who choose BioChem. And BioWare is brilliant for implementing it this way, if you don't like it maybe you should go to a competing MMO... oh wait, they all do it this way! All the good ones anyway... copycats...

Except it hurt the economy, since most people will roll biochem for pvp characters.

And the other crafts if they offer something good at end game would be too good since they offer to make something completely different for a larger profit margin at earlier levels, and offer something at end game.

It seems that the intended design was for us the players to be mostly independent. So we have 1 pvp character with biochem, and we roll alts that have crafts that support that pvp character.

The limited crafting was designed to encourage alt playing, however, it was more detrimental since 1. Playing at release a buggy end game diminished the fun to play alts 2. Low pops lowered the want to try other crafts for profit or self gain - and play alts 3. With a low server pop, little end game features (this would encourage people to play a game that felt well developed for end game to justify to play an alt and other crafts) even beyond 1.2 (6 months later) people could not help each other since the crafts pigeon holed people and further isolated people into certain crafts for self benefit... except it seems that after 1.2 its better for people to be biochem and buy goods, or get good drops.

Which is why, it becomes an issue to balance crafting when pigeon holing and there are clear advantages to one craft that is exclusive to that craft and trying to spread that benefit to other crafts for end game would make crafting too complicated or... force them to remove any restrictions.

Also, other sucessful MMOs have a large MMO sub base, with enough features of thier own to afford adding more to thier gear grind MMO. While new MMOs struggle with the same formula and do not improve on them as well.

I think crafting is not perfect in swtor. And thats putting it in a nicer and more reasonable measurement. Since its good as a themepark crafting system... but his game should have deep and complex crafting for a real economy, and pigeon holing crafts for pvp, and making people self sufficient is not going to do that.

Edited by VegaPhone

Except, well, none of the ones I ever thought were good did, since tradeskill perks are a horribly bad idea, harming the entire purpose of tradeskills.

Thankfully, Bioware has wised up, and is in the process of phasing out/removing these perks. Which is why all the crafted stuff better than the rakata stims/etc. is sellable. (and probably part of why said items (adrenabls) can't be used in WZ's come 1.3)

Except, well, none of the ones I ever thought were good did, since tradeskill perks are a horribly bad idea, harming the entire purpose of tradeskills.

Thankfully, Bioware has wised up, and is in the process of phasing out/removing these perks. Which is why all the crafted stuff better than the rakata stims/etc. is sellable. (and probably part of why said items (adrenabls) can't be used in WZ's come 1.3)

Yes. I forgot about exo.

So Biochem after 1.2 has been phased out with perks at the high tier end game.

So 1.2 ends the pigeon holing debate it seems but it requires OPs I beleive to attain, which was the same as before and getting mats/recipes... but I would prefer alternatives to OPs being the place to get these things which would mean a big other aspect of the game that has open world pvp or possibly large BGs, which would be like OPs with some great drops.

Playing on a dead server, and not playing end game made me lose interest in end game for a while.

So, Biochem can sell reusable to everyone now?

edit:

http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/4/subcatg/5

Unless this page has not been updated, it looks like 1.2 did not change much.

Edited by VegaPhone

Its the same with rkata relics and grenades ... all outdated and a waste of spcae in the crafting menu since they are bind on pickup.. biowares to lazy to back date the new change to stuff previously created..

Just 1 symptom of crafting as a whole needing a revamp... hopefully it gets it after the first year.

Forget the Rakata stuff for a moment - it could be argued that it was supposed to be the best item available to a particular type of crafter.

Unfortunately a lot of the schematics that drop out of end game content are not only BoP the items you can make using those schematics are also BoP... now where's the sense in that?

e.g. say you as a consular get a schematic to make a tionese strength implant. What on earth would you do with it?

Craft it to hang as decor on the ship walls? :rak_02:

• 1 year later...
I am intentionally Necroing This thread because something needs to be done & it is Very important that this issue does NOT go away. As a crafter I did the grind & paid my coms to learn a scematic (in this case b/c I am an Artificer it is the Rakata Relics) & I am unable to do a DAMNED thing w/ the item. I crafted a Rakata Relic of Boundless Ages for my Trooper who just got to 50 & I couldn't send it b/c it was bound to me. At 1st I thought I did something stupid, till I checked the schematic & noticed it said Binds on Pickup. Really!!? Why make a schematic that cant be used? Please change the Schematics to no longer be BOP. If nothing else make them Bind to Legacy! I did the grind I paid the coms I SHOULD be able to use the Product I BOUGHT. Crafters lets not let this issue go away, lets revive this issue & get Bioware to take notice & fix a bug/oversight that has been far too long ignored.

They fixed it, by abandoning the practice as there are no more BoP crafted items level 51+. YES, all Rakata crafted items are still BoP, but considering it's easy to get equal to or better than Rakata (makeb planet comms vendor sells rakata level stuff, and classic comms get you Campaign grade), they are not even worth crafting.