2.0 could be the NGE of SWG ..

Vikassi

The amount of people ******** on NGE when most of them didn't play neither pre/cu, CU, NGE is hilarious.

Protip, combat system sucked balls for all of them, but NGE wasn't the worse, not even close. If you are talking about quests, welcome to themeparks, TOR has always been one.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The amount of people ******** on NGE when most of them didn't play neither pre/cu, CU, NGE is hilarious.

Protip, combat system sucked balls for all of them, but NGE wasn't the worse, not even close. If you are talking about quests, welcome to themeparks, TOR has always been one.

Just because one turd received the most polish, doesn't mean it wasn't the worst turd.

Why should people wear PvP gear at all in 2.0?

Bolster is now based on item rating rather than character level. Recruit-level gear is no longer available, as players will be automatically bolstered to this level of item power if they do not meet it naturally.

So why not wear the strongest PvE you can get? You'll still be bolstered expertise-wise which gives you the same normalized expertise you'd have with the best PvP gear.

Edited by Cretinus

So why not wear the strongest PvE you can get? You'll still be bolstered expertise-wise which gives you the same normalized expertise you'd have with the best PvP gear.

You lost me whenyou quoted "bolstered to recruit level) and then said you'd have normalized expertise you'd have with the best PvP gear.

Unless 2.0 is bringing some FPS type mmo then no, it wont be the NGE that killed SWG. The NGE was a total revamp of the game, going from 32 classes down to 8(?) and just being complete ****. Nothing deserves to be compared to that mess.

I agree, it wasn't just revamping it was telling everyone to start over. It wasn't just your gear, it was your loot and crafting abilities. They locked crafters into their spec to make them wait out fixing crafting because it wasn't done yet, in the mean time they gave out gear better than anyone could craft at critical levels so that no one needed to buy anything. They had excessive rubberbanding because they ramped up everyone's speed faster than the servers could handle, it was a disaster, anyone who stayed through it was a masochist.

This is false. Show me a screenshot of yourself in all PvE gear, and the expertise, and I'll believe you.

The strongest PvE we can reasonably test right now is tier 30 (169) stuff, and it will bolster you to about 50% of max expertise currently. I know, I did it myself.

What you people aren't realizing is that the range of bonus from expertise is far, far bigger in 2.0 then in 1.7. 1.7, it caps at what, almost 26%? In 2.0, that changes to 60%. It's a straight proportional formula to expertise, no diminishing returns.

When you are in your full i169 gear, you're only bolstered halfway to this, which turns out to be quite the disadvantage - let me tell you. Right now on PTS, your PvP 50 gear is better then the PvE bolstered 55 gear - because of the massive expertise differential. Bioware scales up the existing level 50 PvP gear to be equal (in expertise) to level 55 gear for all slots but the relics. Wear your PvP gear from level 50, you'll have about 1900 expertise.

The naked thing has got to be a bug with bolster, because if it were intended, we could all roll into WZ's with our free arkanian sets and have near max expertise. This doesnt happen.

Edited by islander

Clearly you are. Or at minimum a bit misinformed.

You can't. If you think a player in random greens will have their bolster equal EWH you are fooling yourself. The Dev's have alreay stated that the Bolster equals you out to the Recruit set. This is why they are removing the Recruit set from the game. Players in EWH will still have a big advantage over players in lesser gear.

See the pertinent comment from the patch notes below:

That may be the intention but the way bolster works now is somewhat different. I went into a warzone with full augmented optimized Elite War Hero; I had like 1.8k Expertise and 22k HP. A Sage on our team in level 24 greens (it was level 55 warzone) had 25k HP, 2000 Expertise and like 1% less crit chance and surge than me.

If, however, the "2.0 Recruit level" is intended to be better than EWH then it's okay... but in that case EWH will be pretty much useless once 2.0 comes out.

Yes I have certainly been on the PTS. Some of the stats were estimations based on my current gear set.

As it stands Right now.. On PTS with 0 Augments my Character has 30% Crit Chance melee/Force (2300 Mainstat + 600crit rating) 76% Cri Mult (600 Surge) With 500 Power (No high mainstat mods/enh). I dont even have full Partisan or Stims yet so imagine Conqueror with Augments (Est 19/30 Purps x 14) and Stims..(154+ mainstat 60+power greens only to go up)

I didnt say that their Idea was perfect but this is BioWare's Thought process .. This entire patch is to FiX TTK and other things people had problems with. Rather than raging in pvp forums People should be making constructive posts in the PTS forums where BioWare requested so they can recalculate and try something else before it goes live.

do you mean 500 bonus damage? because you cannot physically have 600 crit rating and 500 power on the new PvP gear. not without maintaining max expertise anyways, which you actually need now that it is linear.

youve got about 950 points of secondary stat to budget if you take high crit/pow mods/enhs in full partisan gear. conqueror is slightly more, closer to 1000.

if you do not have full partisan gear, how are you commenting on your stats when wearing a full set?

there are many constructive posts in the PTS forum. whether or not bioware chooses to read them or take our feedback under consideration is not up to us.

and TTK is not up. it is roughly the same, if not quicker than live.

That may be the intention but the way bolster works now is somewhat different. I went into a warzone with full augmented optimized Elite War Hero; I had like 1.8k Expertise and 22k HP. A Sage on our team in level 24 greens (it was level 55 warzone) had 25k HP, 2000 Expertise and like 1% less crit chance and surge than me.

If, however, the "2.0 Recruit level" is intended to be better than EWH then it's okay... but in that case EWH will be pretty much useless once 2.0 comes out.

Interesting. I never did test lowbie gear, just the high end stuff.

Sounds to me that bolster is still a work in progress. Imagine that, on a PTS :)

do you mean 500 bonus damage? because you cannot physically have 600 crit rating and 500 power on the new PvP gear. not without maintaining max expertise anyways, which you actually need now that it is linear.

youve got about 950 points of secondary stat to budget if you take high crit/pow mods/enhs in full partisan gear. conqueror is slightly more, closer to 1000.

if you do not have full partisan gear, how are you commenting on your stats when wearing a full set?

there are many constructive posts in the PTS forum. whether or not bioware chooses to read them or take our feedback under consideration is not up to us.

and TTK is not up. it is roughly the same, if not quicker than live.

No i dont mean bonus damage... Im not an idiot..

Reading exact stats from Screenshot:

1896 Expertise ( Have 2 Old Champion Relics)

2377 Cunning

529 Power

651 Critical Rating

655 Surge Rating

1063-1414 Pri (ranged)

652.9 Bonus Damage

30.48 Crit Chance (6.18%(mainstat)+9.92%(Crit Rating)+0.38%(aim stat)+9.00(Skills/Buff) + 5% Luck Shots

76.21% Crit Multiplier

Comparing TOR 2.0 to the NGE change is beyond awful QQ'ness.

Seriously, stop being so *$Y@(Y dramatic.

:rolleyes:

Agreed. If you want your stats to count more World PVP more, you don't get bolstered in the world.

Comparing TOR 2.0 to the NGE change is beyond awful QQ'ness.

Seriously, stop being so *$Y@(Y dramatic.

:rolleyes:

QFT

I subscribed to SWG from Day One to just after the NGE struck. The NGE made the New York Times, for pity's sake, it was so bad. Anyone who thinks anything in this game even remotely compares to the NGE has precisely zero idea what they're talking about.

QFT

I subscribed to SWG from Day One to just after the NGE struck. The NGE made the New York Times, for pity's sake, it was so bad. Anyone who thinks anything in this game even remotely compares to the NGE has precisely zero idea what they're talking about.

It was bad.. but.. they did repair it and undo most of the non sense over time.. Still no pre-cu SWG though..

Force Powers are tingling....

Feels like this thread is nothing but anxiety and assumptions...

Falls back into a trance and meditates....

The Truth — is stirless –

Other force — may be presumed to move –

This — then — is best for confidence –

When oldest Cedars swerve –

And Oaks untwist their fists –

And Mountains — feeble — lean –

How excellent a Body, that

Stands without a Bone –

How vigorous a Force

That holds without a Prop –

Truth stays Herself — and every man

That trusts Her — boldly up –

Edited by Caeliux

To me, an MMO is about progressing your character from nothing to something .. This includes the grind for higher levels and the grind for better gear .. Am I missing something? I'm talking about PvP and the bolster system ... The fact that you can go naked into a warzone and have bolster make your existing gear worth more than a player with EWH gear, is just embarrassing.

Im sorry, but I gotta agree with others. This is just a lame QQ post. SWG completely changed things with the CU and NGE. The only way that SWTOR could do anything comparable was if they scratched all the talent trees and started over, which is not what they are doing in 2.0.

To me, an MMO is about progressing your character from nothing to something .. This includes the grind for higher levels and the grind for better gear .. Am I missing something?

The revised Bolster mechanic of 2.0 is BW's attempt at Rift's Normalization. The idea is an excellent one for controlled PvP environments like WZs and Warfronts. Ideally, it puts more of an emphasis on skill rather than gear in PvP combat and that's a good thing.

However, this creates a problem for the BW Devs who want to cling to gear progression and maintain a separation between PvP and PvE gear. Bolster bugs notwithstanding, and on the PTS there are currently a multitude of them, grinding PvP gear becomes unnecessary for anyone that is not a hardcore player.

If competing in Reg PvP and just having good fights is all you care about, then you can just wear whatever gear you want and the buff from Bolster will be more than enough for you to make an impact and enjoy PvP. Players that PvP in Rift already juggle with this issue on a daily basis.

So BW seems to be of two minds. In one sense, they want an equal playing field for all in WZs. However, they still want carrot-on-a-stick gear progression in PvP. The two just don't mix. The only players that will bother with PvP gear in such an arrangement will be the minority of hardcore PvPers on committed Ranked teams who will grind anything for every edge they can get. Other, more casual, PvPers will just sort of go with the flow and not grind anything.

So for most players, your greatest wish has been answered. The PvP gear grind is essentially over.

You can't. If you think a player in random greens will have their bolster equal EWH you are fooling yourself. The Dev's have alreay stated that the Bolster equals you out to the Recruit set. This is why they are removing the Recruit set from the game. Players in EWH will still have a big advantage over players in lesser gear.

The Devs say a lot of things. Unfortunately, Bolster implementation is saying otherwise. On the PTS, you are currently more powerful naked than in EWH gear.

Additionally, the BIS hilt/barrel for PvP currently on the PTS is actually the PvE hilt/barrel, namely the Underworld Hilt/Barrel, with the Arkanian Hilt/Barrel being equivalent to the top tier PvP Conqueror Hilt.

Of course, the above are major problems the Devs will hopefully iron out before 2.0 launch, but what they are saying and what is happening on the PTS are two different things right now.

So for most players, your greatest wish has been answered. The PvP gear grind is essentially over.

Now skilled players will be the outcome in these matches now for the most part, I honestly like the idea skill > all.

But, I don't mind a grind to gear either, so I am seeing both pros and cons to the new bolster coming 2.0.

I think some players are going to shy away cause they do like the value of a grind, but to casual players that still want a hardcore experience without tons of work will indeed like the new changes.

It's going to be interesting to say the least.

Edited by Caeliux

Unless 2.0 is bringing some FPS type mmo then no, it wont be the NGE that killed SWG. The NGE was a total revamp of the game, going from 32 classes down to 8(?) and just being complete ****. Nothing deserves to be compared to that mess.

This and yes the nge pales in comparison to 2.0 or any major change in any mmorpg I played. It completely change the game. It was a 180 turn in game design. I guess the equivalent to this would be like turning swtor into a sandbox only game using the current maps. On top of that changing the game mechanics and how many classes specs there are in game. It was a mess. At that point it was neither a sandbox or a theme park driven mmorpg, but a hybrid, which was implemented poorly.

The correct analogy would be "it's still a turd". Otherwise it doesn't make sense.

I felt like being different. Makes sense to me. At simple glance, yes; it's still a turd, but it always was and the worst one at that. They just ran out of budget or interest in scrapping it again and kept polishing for a few years longer than they gave the other 2 systems.