Huge Spoilers! End of Khem Val Affection Quests

Obelisk-Kai

I let them fight it out, I was pretty confident Khem'd win a fair fight between the two (note also that this is the only option that Khem respects).

My only fear about this is that we won't be seeing much of Khem anymore, as they'd have to write radically different stories depending on who you saved :(

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a very hard decision for me and even though I could tell it was coming I was dreading having to make the choice. I even considered not finishing the quest and quit the quest in the conversation twice but in the end I completed it because I hate lose ends.

I went with Zash but now I sorta regret it.

There were a lot of pros and cons to both sides and maybe I'm just over thinking it.

Zash:

Pros:

While she tried to kill you she did say she liked you and was sorry. She needed you to live so I can't really blame her for that though she may have been lying about liking you. I also liked the idea of not killing your master but carrying her around like a pet , this is before the rule of two so why not have your master around? She also has knowledge and artifacts which is power for me. Despite her snarky tone I do believe she likes me. I also thought it would be neat to hear her voice and very sorcerer like to have a monster with the possessed spirit of another person. Finally and this was the decision I finally based my choice on , it's what Palpatine would do betray a loyal follower for greater power.

Cons:

I still don't know if I can trust her. She's still very arrogant even though she hides most her comments with sweet words. She insults you at the end of the game quest where she says that it makes her sick that you got on the dark council before her which may show her true thoughts of you and deserves punishment for defiance.

Khem:

Pros:

He's very loyal once you've earned his respect. Look at how many times he mentioned his former master with respect. He's brave and willing to sacrificial his life. He has a sense of honor which is more then could be said for Zash. He also saved your life at cost of his own. He has knowledge of the Tulak Hord era which could be valuable. He's the bodies original owner and has a male voice which is more fitting given the body. He placed his trust in you. Been trained as an assassin.

Cons:

Won't shut up about Tulak Hord , are you always going to be second banana in his eyes? Annoying subtitled voice. Lacks the grace for the intrigue of sith high society. Doesn't offer any real knowledge or power. May turn on you if he doesn't believe you're worthy. Very stubborn and out spoken at times in need of being put in his place.

So overall I went with Zash for power and knowledge but now I regret it because Khem was a loyal follower. Though I do believe they'll both be back in an expansion since we didn't really kill them but that's a long ways off.

Khem is some sort of scary monster at the beginning of the game....but that.....is just because he can't serve anymore is real master..and he need to stick around a Little Sith, unsure if he/she will die the next day for his/her weakness. So, this is reasonable.

But, during the story, he finds the inner strenght of the protagonist.

Zash.......Dear Hot Zash.......You tried to kill me (in a way or in an other..) and i don't forget that. You tried to trick my own Warrior (and that was sad too).

Indeed you got yourself usefull sometimes during the reaserch for Ghost or rituals and such......But I'm sure that Ashara learned much from you enought for replace you.

Really.....i was eager to free myself from your presence.

Wait!!! I'm wronge...I was eager to delete your existent (in any form) from the galaxy...

I need to find a Sun and throw on it the Rakata Mind Box

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Did this chain last night, and I've been waiting for this moment a long time! That B tried to kill me at level 30; payback is a B! Enjoy your mind trap, Zash! I told Khem from day 1 that I'd find a way to get her out of his head, and now she's gone. He now servers willingly too, which is cool, instead of being my slave who threatens to eat me.

This. I did this too, even down to telling Khem we would find a solution almost immediately after it happened.

I knew it didn't matter how long it took, or how much of a disadvantage it might put me at, but I liked Khem from the very first time he offered to eat Zash for me. There was no way I was going to let her take over.

• 2 months later...

I went with zash, because she has more to offer then khem does (still felt guilty about it tho) also zash talks about getting out of his body into another's (also said the inquisitor is too well known and taking him/her over would be too risky)...still holding out on a zash romance lol

SPOILERS! HUGE HUGE SPOILERS! SERIOUSLY, there are freaking spoilers below.

Well I got Khem Val to 10k Affection tonight and I was able to complete his questline.

I've played my Sith Lord as a heartless monster, there was no atrocity I wouldn't stoop too.

But this...this was difficult.

I mean, its basically making a choice between what companion you want for the next few years. There is no get out clause. This is final. To Bioware's credit they didn't give us an easy way out.

I had to choose between Khem and Zash, and in the end I went with Zash. She just seems like the more fun personality to adventure with over the lifetime of this game. Still, it was a mega douche moment and the choice that's made me feel bad.

After all, Khem was always honest with me at least. And he only got into the situation he is in due to the fact he intervened and saved me at the end of Act I.

Still, inside a Rakatan mind box on Taris there is one very very pissed off Dashade. Maybe I've not seen the last of Khem Val after all.

So what choice did you make? And did you regret it?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ ok so basically when I had to choose between Zash and Khem I had to choose Khem I mean when I was a acolyte my favorite thing to do was go Khem dinner time and its still my favorite thing to do so ussualy when I see a guy I dont like I just go Khem have fun I know your hungry:cool:

There is only one sensible option. Khem ftw. I haven't faced this yet but I know it's coming and I know who has been my loyal companion and who has been the manipulative b**** who insists on wanting to destroy me. She will be thanking me for putting her in that prison instead of finding a way to permanently kill her. I am the superior Sith and I don't need her around. Should she ever escape and come after me I'll use my A-Team of Ashara, Xalek, Talos, Andronikus and Khem to beat her down again and next time it will be permanent. She acts all high and mighty but it was never my Assassin that needed her, it was her that needed my Assassin for her own ends. Death to Zash.

• 5 months later...

As maniplative and cunning zash is she is by default more usefull then khem.

I was disapointed about the rakata box trap i rather just force khem out and kill him.

It is not that i hate khem......zash is just more usefull and as a sith there is no shortage of people trying to kill me so one more or less doesnt really mather to me

I kept Khem, and would never have chosen otherwise until I see at least one cutscene where he actually gets to eat someone! Not that I would have ever betrayed his loyalty to me, and I think his skills match mine more than Zash's.

Also having him is a massive status symbol and bragging rights over the rest of the Dark Council.

Besides Zash learned all her stuff, and now I have access to all the knowledge of the Sith I can learn it too (And more!), but I can never learn to be a Force resistant Assassin who eats other Force users.

I did this the other night myself.

I chose Khem. Although Khem did begrudgingly follow my Sorc at first, he was always loyal and did whatever he was told. He eventually warmed up to her because he saw the power and potenital she had. And for his loyalty to my Sorc, he earned her loyalty in his time of need.

My Sorc did admire Zash at one point in time because of the opportunity Zash gave her and all of the knowledge Zash passed on to her. However, after Zash tried to kill her and take her body, her hate for Zash began to fester and with the constant double talk and lies Zash continued to spew, my Sorc had enough of Zash. She knew that Zash would try to off her at the first opportunity so she decided to cover that base and trap Zash in the box.

I'm surprised that no one brought up that the true Sith option of this particular quest would be to imprison Zash. It is and always has been Sith nature for the student to learn all they can from their master then try to kill their master to assume more power. The logical choice is then obvious to choose Khem as if Zash was foolish enough to impart all of her wisdom to you she's clearly hastened her own demise.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised that no one brought up that the true Sith option of this particular quest would be to imprison Zash. It is and always has been Sith nature for the student to learn all they can from their master then try to kill their master to assume more power. The logical choice is then obvious to choose Khem as if Zash was foolish enough to impart all of her wisdom to you she's clearly hastened her own demise.

Just found this thread, but yesssssssss. This.

I'm sorry, but my character--from Zash to the ghosts to Thanaton--was all about the true Sith way--survival of the fittest.

If Zash needed my Inquisitor's help to get out of the mess she put herself into...she wasn't a worthy Sith.

Khem Val is much more useful than Zash. He's loyal, subservient, and he eats force users for breakfast and picks his teeth with their vertebrae. Other force users. :D

• 1 year later...

I agonized over this decision. I played my sorc as a light side character, which ment murder, wholesale slaughter, and mayhem for it's one sake were out of the question. Zash's life held value. She opened the door, and even when she tried to kill me, I only became more powerful. Her continued jibes only served to remind me that I had bested her, that I was Power like she had never dreamed of. Besides, if I had a mind to, Foiling Zash's plots again and again would be a source of continued amusement for me

Khem, on the other hand, does not speak Space English. Which always annoyed me.

Even so, I went with Khem by choosing the "No I won't help" option. And the instant I did that, it just felt right. By Sith tradition, I let them vie for supremacy, their very own Kagath. No one lent ME their power in my battles against Thanaton. Why should I do so? Yesssss, that felt like POWAH :rak_03:

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously you're all pathetic... Chosing?! CHOSING?! Pff and you dare call yourself Sith, you don't even deserve to be crushed under my boot...

Anyway nah, I went with the "Fight for it" option (Do nothing n do nothing basically) considering on one hand I respect Khem (which he likes) on the other hand Zash got huge amount of knowledge which Khem not even Talos or myself could gather... So in the end I decided... "Well it's either the dashade or the manipulative *****... (Stealing Tulak Hords remains while ingenious was a step too far to be fair) Oh, well lets see which one of them got the stronger will to serve me!"

So in the end Khem won the price of serving me, not surprised considering Zash still calls you an apprentice at times, would she really bow to anyone? I feel sorry for you lot who took her instead of Khem since everyone knows she'll try n backstab you in the end...

That's what I did too. In the end, it's the best way.

• 1 year later...

Bug? Or Working As Intended?

I went in with my inquisitor last night and finished up the Khem Val quests. Level 51.

If Khem Val doesn't win out, is it impossible to get the Legacy Unlock for him? All the rest of my companions fired up the "Unlocked Icon" in my Legacy when no more quests were open for them, but Khem Val isn't unlocked and no more conversations appear to be open for him...

My Madness Sorcerer went for Zash. As she craves knowledge and power. So having access to Zash's hidden stashes of Sith artifacts suits her. Plus Khem Val is the last remenant of Tulak Hord's legacy. Because Tulak betrayed Kalig, I thought of getting rid of Khem as revenge. Now Zash is bound to me in the body of a Dashade and must obey me.