The Mysterious Ancient Tome

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I love is recalling the events from January 2012 with fellow vets haha. Nostalgic.

But considering all the kind of screwed up places Bioware puts crons to (makeb was insane!) it should've been foreseeable that someone will notice the crack up there and get curious about the place. In my opinion there was some third party help employed by catch in order to summon whatever was there. Devs said it wasn't an easy exploit. Tricking CS I would consider very easy, especially back when we could craft best in slot gear and it was very common and popular for people to "accidentally" lose their hilts/enhancements/armorings and then they reversed, again, copies given to them by cs. Haha. Or getting a wrong piece of gear on purpose, but "accidentally", and requesting a token to get the one you wanted (back then there was no item refund feature) to ultimately end up with, in my case, two pair of campaign bracers for tanking and dpsing :p

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I've written a ticket to the CS, not to ask for any help for the puzzle, but to ask if it is a puzzle at all or only a leftover. Unfortunately, the answer didn't help me that much.

Since i'm playing on a german server, i have to translate my ticket. I hope this doesn't break any rules. If it does, please notify me and i remove it. I'll skip any nonessential part. Please apologize if my english seems a bit (or very) odd, it isn't my native language.

Hi ***,

I'm *** from the SWTOR CS and i handle your information request,

i'm rejoiced about your spirit of discovery and fun to spot secret puzzles in SWTOR.

Frankly, i've never heard about the ancient tome and it takes a lot to discover it's exact location. Congratulations, that you and your friends even reached the attic, you have my sincere appreciation and respect.

I'm not allowed to give any information about such Items, hidden puzzles and other secret and hidden things in SWTOR, not only to avoid spoiling you the fun of discovering.

But to tell you something at least, there's a thread about the ancient tome on the official forums. You and your friends are not alone in your endeavour to find out what it conceals. Please look up the thread in the forum for more information.

At least, i'm more and more convinced, that there is indeed a puzzle and not a simple leftover. And i also believe, that it is already (or still) solvable and we don't have to wait for future patches.

I think it has to do with those Expertise buffs. Currently, you receive Desert Hope, Desert Courage and Desert Patience from the vendors.

However, Torhead has two more buffs: Desert Power and Desert Strength. Maybe those two buffs are related to the tome?

I believe that a "secret" vendor was intended to be up there and the ancient tome would of been a way to initiate the battle and receive one of the missing buffs.

I've written a ticket to the CS, not to ask for any help for the puzzle, but to ask if it is a puzzle at all or only a leftover. Unfortunately, the answer didn't help me that much.

Since i'm playing on a german server, i have to translate my ticket. I hope this doesn't break any rules. If it does, please notify me and i remove it. I'll skip any nonessential part. Please apologize if my english seems a bit (or very) odd, it isn't my native language.

At least, i'm more and more convinced, that there is indeed a puzzle and not a simple leftover. And i also believe, that it is already (or still) solvable and we don't have to wait for future patches.

This helps us more than you know....

I mean, come on. The Devs know of the Search on the Forums, they would have shut it down long ago if it was something we can't unlock... We're on to something here!!!!

Hi, I'm on the Ebon hawk server. I'm pleased to announce that my guild, an allied guild, and several other friends are here to help you solve the puzzle. We've seen the tome, and we're dedicated to help you crack the code.

My guess? We need to get a special item to get this "missing" buff. So a good place to start... Where are other deserts in the galaxy?

Hi guys, i am passing on a message from 'Obiray' as he has quit the game.

obiray is the original founder of the ancient tome. he also said F*** YOU for not giving him any credit in his video and 4days after he uploaded it you then created this thread. heres his exploration video

- the second jump is where the ancient tome is. (also watch his other swtor videos :))

aside from that he is still willing to help you with working this out and here is his idea of what it might be...

theres a codex called the 'history of tatooine' its about a forgotten war that has wiped out a whole race but no one can recall the war... http://www.swtor-spy.com/codex/history-of-tatooine/1616/. my idea is that the tome has the story of what actually happened in the war 30,000 years ago - hence ANCIENT tome.

what made this more clear for me... ive seen multiple threads saying that the 'history of tatooine' codex does not exist in the game yet or the codex is bugged. lol but these people dont know about the ancient tome. so here i am putting 2 and 2 together. ill be passing this message onto the codex threads to get more people on board for this.

the only other thing i could find with ancient things on tatooine were the 'ancient sand demons' heres a quick paragraph of info about them...

By the time of the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire, sand demons were well-known among the natives of their homeworld Tatooine, though they were largely shrouded in myths and legends. Grainy satellite images and the stories of Tatooine's nomads prevented the rest of the galaxy from dispelling sand demons as an outright myth, and almost all attempts to learn more about the creatures ended in disaster. The Tusken Radiers believed the sand demons absorbed their victims' life essence in order to strengthen themselves, and the Raiders made cave paintings of ancient sand demons that had supposedly survived for centuries through this process—sand demons who were believed to be immune to any injury.[4] The mercenary Kord Murdok hunted sand demons for a time on Tatooine,[7] and the Demon's Blood ritual was a tradition that had existed for generations,[1] though by the time of the Cold War it was no longer well-known.[3] For the ritual, members of the Jedi Order who were seeking enlightenment would track a sand demon out into the deserts in order to anoint themselves with its blood, and those Jedi who successfully returned then visited the Tusken Raiders in order to learn their own unique path to self-discovery.[1]

this is just a second alternative and if it was related to the sand demons then i believe that the ancient tome would relate to the 'seed of rage' and it somehow might activate the tome. i know nothing about these new quests as i dont play the game anymore.

IMO dont get your hopes up on a secret boss because its probably just a lore object for a codex. but lets hope im wrong for your sake :)

sorry i cant help with the physical part of activating the tome, although i did follow that 'well fed womp rat' around on tatooine for an hour... he runs past every vendor in outlaws den but you cant agro him to pull him towards the vendors, you have to wait for him to get there. also if you stand too far away from the womp rat then he will stop running and stand still. in the past people have tried giving all 3 buffs to the womp rat maybe theres another step involved to make something happen.

any other questions probably best to contact me on youtube.

thanks

theres a codex called the 'history of tatooine' its about a forgotten war that has wiped out a whole race but no one can recall the war...

The Consular's story on Tatooine touches this briefly.

And the war which made Tatooine into the Desert planet of "today" - Wasn't that done by the Rakata ?

I think I read about this somewhere, they having been responsible for that ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

got a kick out of how bitter obirary was about the satelitte dish blockikng the jump on balcony like bioware actually planned that to irritate people. I guess he never did the binoc quest chain or dailies on tat associated with it. Its a part of a quest now not put there to irritate him or prevent him from gteting there:P

The Consular's story on Tatooine touches this briefly.

And the war which made Tatooine into the Desert planet of "today" - Wasn't that done by the Rakata ?

I think I read about this somewhere, they having been responsible for that ...

Yup, Tat was once a planet with forests and stuff, but the Rakata used a high heat laser beam and everything was turned to glass. Eventually it became sand... (I think that's what Wookiepedia says :p)

Hi guys, i am passing on a message from 'Obiray' as he has quit the game.

obiray is the original founder of the ancient tome. he also said F*** YOU for not giving him any credit in his video and 4days after he uploaded it you then created this thread. heres his exploration video

- the second jump is where the ancient tome is. (also watch his other swtor videos :))

No he's not, please do not spread useless misinformation. If you or "bad obiwan name ripoff" would check the date on the pictures you'd notice they were uploaded 7/6/13, a full 21 days before he posted his video.

Anyway guys, several dataminers and other people have been contacting me and it seems that they've gathered this so far: 3 vendor buffs + sandclaw buff activates a script within the game files that teleports you from a beam of light within one of the buildings to the Ancient Tome, which makes sense because these kind of jumps aren't very likely to be the real way up, and then the ancient tome will do a check for all 4 buffs when you try to activate it. The only thing we do not know is how to spawn Sandclaw.

Some info on Sandclaw:

Started as a wraid, was changed to a llyek, and the final version is a duneclaw, is referred to as "PvP Superboss".

Edited by DarkDisturbed

No he's not, please do not spread useless misinformation. If you or "bad obiwan name ripoff" would check the date on the pictures you'd notice they were uploaded 7/6/13, a full 21 days before he posted his video.

Anyway guys, several dataminers and other people have been contacting me and it seems that they've gathered this so far: 3 vendor buffs + sandclaw buff activates a script within the game files that teleports you from a beam of light within one of the buildings to the Ancient Tome, which makes sense because these kind of jumps aren't very likely to be the real way up, and then the ancient tome will do a check for all 4 buffs when you try to activate it. The only thing we do not know is how to spawn Sandclaw.

Some info on Sandclaw:

Started as a wraid, was changed to a llyek, and the final version is a duneclaw, is referred to as "PvP Superboss".

Ladies and Gentlemen... we're onto something! I bet this has been in the game since the start... or has it?

Maybe one has to slaughter 1000 or so Players in the Outlaw's Den to summon the "PvP Superboss".

You know, "blood for the blood god..." xD

Not the worst Idea I've ever heard. I'll have my group try something of the like. Now it's killing me on the inside: what does this book say?

EDIT, something occurred to me here. Sandclaw was a wraid, then a lylek, then a duneclaw. Maybe were thinking too hard... Lets think of the world bosses of Tatooine.

Trap jaw, a giant wraid.

Then they added something bigger...

The Dread-seeded sand demon, a lylek.

Coincidence? Tatooine is possible *the* most iconic planet in Star Wars. Besides Belsavis and the fleet, it's also the planet BioWare has added most too since launch. So why don't we try to find some specific duneclaw?

Edited by Anysao

Not the worst Idea I've ever heard. I'll have my group try something of the like. Now it's killing me on the inside: what does this book say?

EDIT, something occurred to me here. Sandclaw was a wraid, then a lylek, then a duneclaw. Maybe were thinking too hard... Lets think of the world bosses of Tatooine.

Trap jaw, a giant wraid.

Then they added something bigger...

The Dread-seeded sand demon, a lylek.

Coincidence? Tatooine is possible *the* most iconic planet in Star Wars. Besides Belsavis and the fleet, it's also the planet BioWare has added most too since launch. So why don't we try to find some specific duneclaw?

Oh maybe you are on to something there. Maybe kill Trapjaw, then the lylek, then the duneclaw (if one can be found).

ok so to get the process correct. we need....

3 buffs + sandclaw buff

then we need to find a beam of light which teleports us to the tome which we can then activate.

if this is true then is it possible that the sandclaw buff isnt from killing the sand claw and might be called the sand claw buff because you need that to spawn sandclaw? and once we activate the tome which is in outlaws den then the boss will spawn?

i dont know a lot about dataminers but from what they can do they dont really give solid info. so more info from dataminers would be good to get more clear.

also looking at the names of the 3 buffs (desert courage, desert power, desert hope) it could be possible that this room of light is in an exhaustion zone but in a specific area and if we walk through with the 3 buffs then we wont be affected.

How does a Duneclaw look like ?

Wookiepedia has this : http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Duneclaw

And yes, I remember getting an Codex entry for killing one ... I think it was close to that area which one must go through to get the the Jawa H4 quest - not too far away from Largona. There is also a Datachron in that area, which one can only reach by going through a long, long tunnel (and battling Sandpeople there).

How does a Duneclaw look like ?

Wookiepedia has this : http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Duneclaw

And yes, I remember getting an Codex entry for killing one ... I think it was close to that area which one must go through to get the the Jawa H4 quest - not too far away from Largona. There is also a Datachron in that area, which one can only reach by going through a long, long tunnel (and battling Sandpeople there).

ok im a bit confused... one guy was talking about trying to spawn sandclaw. others are saying that the boss is a duneclaw. YOU are saying that youve already killed a duneclaw. can someone please give a detailed recap of where we are up to and identify the names of the boss eg: difference between the sandclaw and duneclaw. where does the sandclaw buff come from? ect.

Just to clarify with the above poster:

a DUNECLAW is a creature, that looks like a scaly, slim, lizard.

This "sandclaw" is a certain DUNECLAW, only unusually strong. And probably big.

So we're looking for a duneclaw named sandclaw.

Isn't there a champion lizard type thing (Besides trap jaw) out there in the dune sea? I want to say in the upper end 20s.. maybe low 30s level.

sorry I haven't posted i've been lurking this thread and trying to do everything we've learned so far. Just trying to help.

We've try'd to get to certain places with the 3 bufs in the Exhaustion Zone of the Dune sea, sadly i can confirm that there is nothing apart from the imperial area.

Apart from that we've been trying to get out of the map on mounthains, and we've found some strange places take a look at this link.

http://imgur.com/a/xxJP9 there is something on the first picture but we couldn't find out a way to it.

This had our attention on our search http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7Saeg0Q4FI&feature=youtu.be we still don't know what it is.

Thanks to our team http://imgur.com/lkKLkZg

Isn't there a champion lizard type thing (Besides trap jaw) out there in the dune sea? I want to say in the upper end 20s.. maybe low 30s level.

Yes, there is. I don't remember its name anymore, though.

By the way, another riddle is to me the second Jawa balloon. The one in the republic area, not far away from the first republic outpost after Anchorhead one can go with a taxi to ( I have an notoriously bad memory for names).

http://imgur.com/a/xxJP9 there is something on the first picture but we couldn't find out a way to it.

Impressive. I especially like that picture where you are all on one photo - like an exploring party in the Victorian Era. ;)

Besides - how did you get there ?

Edited by AlrikFassbauer