What could this mean for TOR? Darth Vader to be resurrected for new Star Wars films?

Katsuragisama

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/73439831.html

A lot of sites apparently reported on this last night, but that one had the best picture. Does the mean we can expect older characters (not just from the movies, as we're no where even close to that time period) to start appearing in SW:TOR as well? Thoughts? *****es, gripes, complaints? O.o

Edited to stress, "not from the movies", as many people fail with logic and reading comprehension in this thread while knowing Darth Vader does not even exist, and cannot be older, they continue to reference him. Some people should read beyond the title... -.-

Edited by Katsuragisama

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/73439831.html

A lot of sites apparently reported on this last night, but that one had the best picture. Does the mean we can expect older characters to start appearing in SW:TOR as well? Thoughts? *****es, gripes, complaints? O.o

No. It means absolutely nothing. Simple as that. How would older characters appear in SWTOR when SWTOR is a few THOUSAND years before the movies?

The TARDIS is not a canon vehicle in Star Wars.

No. It means absolutely nothing. Simple as that. How would older characters appear in SWTOR when SWTOR is a few THOUSAND years before the movies?

The TARDIS is not a canon vehicle in Star Wars.

He wont be alive until about 3000 years after this game

I only said older characters, from other areas of the lore, not Darth Vader specifically. I thought that was pretty evident, but apparently I was wrong. OP has been edited to reflect that.

I meant more specifically, characters that might have been killed in other areas of the lore (books, shows, not the movies), could they return?

Although I am not as well versed in the Star Wars spin-off lore as I would like to be, its rather common to see character be brought back from the dead in sci-fi/fantasy series. I can't really see the film makers bring back Vader, or if they do it will be as a Force Ghost or via flashbacks. Even if they did bring him back, I cant see how it would effect TOR lore. If the devs want to bring back a character from the dead, they will, and if they don't want to, they wont. Vader's very unlikely return will not have any influence on their decisions I think. Edited by Cyberwoman

So I wonder if they are going to do the next three movies to take place after RoTJ which would probably be Lia and Hans kids. Or maybe go to after part 3 but before part 4? Honestly I really hope they would do Knights of the Old Republic time line maybe a Reven trilogy....his growth as a Jedi, his turn to the dark side and the foundry, then his redemption. Seems Reven would make an awesome trilogy. Or even Darth Bane to cover the end of the mass sith and the beginning of the rule of two etc. Its a rich universe I just hope Disney doesn't throw all the canon stories to the wind and just make a Darth Micky Mouse dancing and singing Its a Small world with a bunch of Ewoks.

So I wonder if they are going to do the next three movies to take place after RoTJ which would probably be Lia and Hans kids. Or maybe go to after part 3 but before part 4? Honestly I really hope they would do Knights of the Old Republic time line maybe a Reven trilogy....his growth as a Jedi, his turn to the dark side and the foundry, then his redemption. Seems Reven would make an awesome trilogy. Or even Darth Bane to cover the end of the mass sith and the beginning of the rule of two etc. Its a rich universe I just hope Disney doesn't throw all the canon stories to the wind and just make a Darth Micky Mouse dancing and singing Its a Small world with a bunch of Ewoks.

God please dont let it be the last one. I would be very interested in a Darth Revan trilogy though. :D

God please dont let it be the last one. I would be very interested in a Darth Revan trilogy though. :D

Right now we know it will be after RotJ. This most latest of rumors, (Vader resurrection), I would be so unhappy with if they go that route. It will be a slap in the face to the fans and for a fan I can see know other way to see it other than a marketing ploy.