State of the Game #3

CourtneyWoods

Copy-pasting myself here, but oh well!

Changing hair style/colour should not cost cartel coins. I can't remember being charged real money for that elsewhere and there's no good reason Bioware should spearhead charging for such a minor cosmetic change. Hell there are games that let you change much, much more using in-game money; CO/CoV/SWG/STO etc. Bigger changes like body type and even species (shouldn't be possible imo, but that's just me) I can understand, but I don't neccessarily approve of that either depending on the price.

I suspect the reason for the blanket CC fee on all the character customization is simple though; it just plops you into character creation screen where you can change any and everything. Which is incredibly lazy and poor design. Maybe they're unable to do it any other way. Maybe they can't make separate "creation screens" just for barber functionality. I'd like to hope that isn't the case, that the game is more versatile than that but it seems it might not be...

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to know what happen to world PvP.... Bioware stated that they had huge plans for Illum and it was coming in Feb. 2013, Yet all we got was a "collect two orbs, wait in line and click on the fountain looking thing" that was your big change for world PvP ?!?! This took you guys 8 months to program?!?!

The gree event WAS their huge plans. Haven't you learned by now that what Bioware thinks is amazing is really just laughable to the rest of the MMO world? (though admittedly, I liked the gree event)

personally i see no benefit in being a sub when i just unlock my main toon and my main alt grind dailys and buy my self a weekly op pass. question to the dev and ea, Y DO U THINK U DESERVE MY MONTHLY SUB. id love to read a reply beside our community our team is working hard. cuz those to me arent answers.

And I’m happy to announce that we’ll be introducing several new features along the way, like a new customization feature, which will allow you to change your character's hair style, eye color, body type, or even species (including the upcoming Cathar!) using Cartel Coins.

Starting to wonder what the benefit is of a subscription is..

I understand charging for a race change but it would be a bad move to charge for normal face/body customizations IMO, especially for subs.

Give us more benefit to be paying £8.99 (15 dollars) a month because at the moment us subscribers don't feel we are getting the full benefit for paying a monthly fee.

and ya if the ilum event was their be all end all plan to restructure world pvp they sucked hard at it. once ppl pulled their head outta there butt and started waiting there turn pvp stopped in ilum hell after the event was gone before it came back NO BODY WAS EVEN THERE.

my thought is too y have the legacy race unlock if now i just buy a race change on my lvl 50 and have it unlock that way then buy another race change and unlock it agian that way. all u need would be 2 toon one rep one sith and a few bucks on ur credit card to spend on bouncing races on and off an then there u go alll legacy races are unlocked liek ***??!?!

He was quick to point out that they added 2million new accounts. "ACCOUNTS." Not subscriptions. So, he said that the game is being flooded by people who didn't buy the game. Meaning, BW now has to focus on ways to drain money from these people. Meaning, their focus will be on the cash shop.

Plus, he politically avoided the fact that they are still hemorrhaging subscriptions. They don't care about keeping people who are willing/able to support the game.

This is pathetic. Just more empty, hollow lies. Sure, add more vanity crap. When the hell are you going to fix your 2359834759843572934857294357103495834957948375234958723984572384576234857234 bugs?

He was quick to point out that they added 2million new accounts. "ACCOUNTS." Not subscriptions. So, he said that the game is being flooded by people who didn't buy the game. Meaning, BW now has to focus on ways to drain money from these people. Meaning, their focus will be on the cash shop.

Plus, he politically avoided the fact that they are still hemorrhaging subscriptions. They don't care about keeping people who are willing/able to support the game.

This is pathetic. Just more empty, hollow lies. Sure, add more vanity crap. When the hell are you going to fix your 2359834759843572934857294357103495834957948375234958723984572384576234857234 bugs?

and i agreee with u and 2 mill account my butt thats a friggin stretch and a half

I would suggest something like a punkbuster like what WOW had to get rid of the many hackers that SWTOR currently has. They make the game no longer fun. AS for the game I like when in SW Galaxies the Space missions were easier to play when you were in control of your Ship instead of a controlled environment cause half the time your ship is flying away from the target and there is a time on it and you cant get some targets in time cause you have no control over your own ship.

This. It's like he thinks he's talking to three year olds.

i dont understand the point of credits anymore either considering repair bill atleast for my tnak are minimal and buying the odd piece of crap off the gtn that some poor sucker used his rl money on to buy some usless junk off the cartel market only to have his cargo pays completely flooded with garbage they will never beable to sell on the gtn

Agreed. We're all probably better off unsubscribing tbh, since a subscription is now worthless.

Okay, now THAT is a legitimate concern in my opinion and one that I can agree with and get behind. Subscribers should not have to also pay for certain thing on the CM. Part of the perks of having a subscription is that we get for free what free players have to pay for.

Okay, now THAT is a legitimate concern in my opinion and one that I can agree with and get behind. Subscribers should not have to also pay for certain thing on the CM. Part of the perks of having a subscription is that we get for free what free players have to pay for.

but to Ea-ware think about that or care hellllll no. look at their tech support any of them ppl u talk to over the phone are will gladly help u cancel your sub and not even think about y you are complaining

I personally think this is an absolute joke. Things like a barber shop you have to use cartel coins for?????!??!?! are you kidding me. If i knew that this game was going to take this path with the cartel market and favor those who drop tons and tons of their hard earned real life money into the cartel market while subscribers like me get short handed with gear, and aesthetics I wouldnt have stayed this long. Everything I have seen since the cartel market went live was a major decline in tech support and a huge favoritism with F2p Players. For crying out loud half the crap in the market should have been in the game from day one and sadly I remeber the posts talkign about how jedi wont be able to wear sith gear and because you guys loose players thats all ok but u gotta get it through the cartel market like ***?!?! At least show some respect for ppl who are paying month subs and atelast give us a friggen discount on the cartel market. I dont even wanna get started on how B.S. it is that you guys said the cathar would be free for subs and now that along with a barbershop has to be bought through cartel like commmon stop being so damn money hungry and throw some new stuff out there specific for subs and make half the crap or even more in the cartel market purchase able with credits.

This games is slowly becoming a money hungry typical EA joke. ESO.... bioware good luck your going to have some competition.

yeah, cause gamers should just get to play anything and everything a company produces for nothing.

your kididng right... wat mmo do you play the required u to spend rl cash on changing ur damn hair at the barber???? shoulda played WoW buddy

First of all, WoW is not a F2P game. Therefore, you only pay gold or whatever to change your character's look.

In every F2P game I've played, however, you have to pay for it in the in-game store. For example, I play DCUO and recently changed my character's look - hair and everything. I had to purchase station cash to do it.

As I said before, this is standard practice and the vast majority of you, it appears, have never played another F2P MMO.

First of all, WoW is not a F2P game. Therefore, you only pay gold or whatever to change your character's look.

In every F2P game I've played, however, you have to pay for it in the in-game store. For example, I play DCUO and recently changed my character's look - hair and everything. I had to purchase station cash to do it.

As I said before, this is standard practice and the vast majority of you, it appears, have never played another F2P MMO.

LOTRO is an F2P game and it has an ingame barbershop. :rolleyes:

Likes - 2 million + accounts, I like.

Dislikes - now were are at an 8 week distribution vs. a 6 week distribution for new content? That was a rather 'subtle' change. Funneling the cathar through the cartel market and not giving it to subscribers is also pretty lame.

As far as people leaving the game, that's easy: no new endgame content (i.e Raids). I have seen several high-end guilds on my server go belly up recently and that's a real bummer. And no, running NiM EC for 4+ months is NOT new. Someone asked me a couple weeks ago: "Do you like running EC?" My honest answer was: "At first." So how do you make this "new" content (NiM EC) last? Simple: if you are EW/BW you deliberately over tune the instance to the point of absurdity so that once most guilds finally clear NiM Kephess they have zero desire to go back and do it again, even if the instance is now technically on 'farm' status.

Sadly, now that the cartel market is making that much more money for the company I doubt they will put any real effort into new and meaningful content. :( x 1000

Uh, hello.

I want my *********** character transfer option. Not this dumb **** of an update.

Apparently SWTOR has enough idiots to appeal to so they get away with this kind of garbage instead of really improving the state of their game.

yeah, cause gamers should just get to play anything and everything a company produces for nothing.

im not saying that what im saying is dont try and tkae more and more and more money but give us little to nothing back ur already taking my sub money what else do u need