This game feels abandoned

HexDecimalUK

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they really need the ability to have open space movement. like if one side decided to build a big fleet with a bunch of people and go raid the other sides fleet and have a huge Star Wars Space Battle. that would be like the greatest thing ever.

EDIT: TLDR: Yes i mean this game needs more live dynamic events to bring the galaxy to life, including making use of the slowly added content.

You don't like the repeatable stuff already because it feels like a grind, but you are asking for exactly more of that stuff to be added to the game, only under the guise of a different name. No matter what you call it, or how you dress it up, it will all be the same grind day after day once the novelty wears off.

The game does indeed feel abandoned.

I was doing that Gree "find droids on different planets" quest thingy and planet populations were around 40-50. This means that I've met two Republic and one Imperial player while doing a quest that takes me to six different planets. I felt really lonely and had it not been for Akaavi to keep me company, I might have called it quits and jumped into the Sarlacc pit.

The game does indeed feel abandoned.

I was doing that Gree "find droids on different planets" quest thingy and planet populations were around 40-50. This means that I've met two Republic and one Imperial player while doing a quest that takes me to six different planets. I felt really lonely and had it not been for Akaavi to keep me company, I might have called it quits and jumped into the Sarlacc pit.

She's not much company, and the sarlacc probably has more interesting conversation, my condolences.

Because shipping a star wars game with a sub-par arcade on-rail shooter that looks like something i could get on my ipad then slightly improving it 2 years later is an exceptional example of Bioware's commitment to content.

You won the Internet.

This is exactly why Star Citizen won me over already.

Hilarious. The skeleton crew of remaining devs--compared to when this all began--put in the work to bring something different, something you won't experience a variation of in most other MMOs not particularly dedicated to space combat, and so many choose to disparage it. Is it perfect, no. I don't even play it, but it is a fun addition for a lot of players.

We have the additions of Makeb and Oricon, Bounty Hunter Week, GSF, the continuation of the Gree, Czerka with a rewarding weekly if nothing else, Rakghouls coming back at some point, new speeders, gear, etc. On top of that, there have been HUGE optimization improvements in the engine and graphics in just the past few months. I really don't know why I'm posting this as others have already done so repeatedly and been ignored by those who just want to whine because this or that isn't exactly how they want it.

If you're playing this game when what you want is a space combat based MMO, why did you ever sub in the first place? People say I'm going to go play this, or this game does it better, but there's really not anything else out there that tries to offer as much diversity with a coherent, cohesive storyline, mostly polished graphics, continuous development, real world interaction and q&a--Cantina Events--and on top of it lore based off of a series that remains so popular.

Anyway, I'm preaching to the choir here. Those who enjoy the game see its flaws and still appreciate it for what it is. Some will never be satisfied, and others burn through content and move on, so it is what it is.

I wish they'd do more in-game interaction. They're on the right track with the GSF streaming and the pvp they did in arenas. I think they could do more on the pve side. In other MMOs I've played, the community devs would spawn in and randomly spawn monsters, e.g. in SWG (I know, I know) I remember when one of the community devs spawned into Theed starport and spawned Rancors, Nightsisters, some of the rarer bosses (which also counted for badges) all while dancing around and interacting with crowd. He even took requests for spawns.

I think it would be cool for the community team (who are already no doubt over-worked) to do more of this in game. It would also be cool if they invested in making their twitch stream higher quality and featuring player organized events such as some of the dueling tourneys and OW pvp events, as well as some of the top-end progression guilds doing walk-throughs.

And to the haters who'll no doubt flame this; here I cooked up some bacon for you.

Edited by Phrase

EDIT: TLDR: Yes i mean this game needs more live dynamic events to bring the galaxy to life, including making use of the slowly added content.

Why should community not take part in organizing events. Open area pvp event does not need anyone but players to make something happen. What have you done to improve the experience? Dont wait for 'dev's to give you something to do.

Edited by ELRunninW

Hilarious. The skeleton crew of remaining devs--compared to when this all began--put in the work to bring something different, something you won't experience a variation of in most other MMOs not particularly dedicated to space combat, and so many choose to disparage it. Is it perfect, no. I don't even play it, but it is a fun addition for a lot of players.

We have the additions of Makeb and Oricon, Bounty Hunter Week, GSF, the continuation of the Gree, Czerka with a rewarding weekly if nothing else, Rakghouls coming back at some point, new speeders, gear, etc. On top of that, there have been HUGE optimization improvements in the engine and graphics in just the past few months. I really don't know why I'm posting this as others have already done so repeatedly and been ignored by those who just want to whine because this or that isn't exactly how they want it.

If you're playing this game when what you want is a space combat based MMO, why did you ever sub in the first place? People say I'm going to go play this, or this game does it better, but there's really not anything else out there that tries to offer as much diversity with a coherent, cohesive storyline, mostly polished graphics, continuous development, real world interaction and q&a--Cantina Events--and on top of it lore based off of a series that remains so popular.

Anyway, I'm preaching to the choir here. Those who enjoy the game see its flaws and still appreciate it for what it is. Some will never be satisfied, and others burn through content and move on, so it is what it is.

I think the point is that, though the things you mentioned are good additions to the game, our subscription dollars and all the CM profits being made should make for greater improvements. If that requires additional staff, hire them.

Case in point: the last flashpoint added (Czerka) was terrible in quality compared to the originals. The upcoming one sounds strange as well (how can a FP level-neutral?!).

Objective-based ground pvp seems given up on. This is primarily a PVE game, I understand, and one that is story driven. But we've barely seen any updates to the story since launch. And, no, operations don't add much to this.

Basically, EA is making plenty of money on SWTOR at this point. I highly doubt EA would have called it "profitable" otherwise, after the poor 2012 year. It's time we hopefully see this put back into the game and not get the bare minimum necessary to keep the game running, at a markedly lower quality than the original release.

Edited by arunav

It Has been abandoned,

EA had to make sure the game became the biggest mmo in the world, they did this by stripping it down and turning it into a nice safe wow clone. To everyone surprise this didn't work?

Numbers were up, then they were down, fixes didn't happen(that would cost money) and after the share holders heads started exploding EA panicked and turned it into dying cash cow.

.........After finishing your class story its really not worth continuing unless you want to start another character. What made the game interesting is pretty much gone, so unless you like cut and paste content I would suggest another Game.

citation required

how about ponying up the proof that it's abandoned, and that the PvP community is actually big enough to make any kind of difference... a chihuahua is loud and annoying but it's still a tiny dog, it's loudness doesn't really make up for it's size...

anyways i've yet to see proof of abandonment when they constantly roll out new stuff, have i been happy with all of it, of course not most of it wasn't for me so i don't bother with it... GSF is the first thing in a long time that they have added that i throughly enjoy and i'm totally against PvP, now that says something for them getting it right if someone that absolutely loathes PvP from the bottom of the pit of their stomach to love GSF... i say it looks like they're on the right track...

Edited by Elly_Dawn

no it is...

if it wasn't tere would be cross-server and a thriving pvp community

Ah so your argument is that because BW didn't give you want YOU want, the game is abandoned.

Well done. One would think that you feel the world should revolve around you and you alone.

Every time I have logged in lately there has been multiple maps on republic and Imperial sides especially on Ebon Hawk. It's been a while since I logged in on my single player on POT5 because I could not stand the holy gaming legends. if there is a loss of players there , I'm sure I know why.

i think the game's fine.

No doubt about it. But I also think it can be better. It is currently underperforming its potential given the huge investments thrown into this game.

This game is an expensive Ferrari and driving it at the current 2nd gear is a huge waste. Its not wrong to drive it at 2nd gear, but it can be better utilized in the right hand.

I think what the OP meant was they he/she wanted TOR to have more spontaneous live/dynamic events which usually affect an entire zone(s). Examples of these types of events would be like the Dark Elf invasion of Freeport in EQ or the Rikti invasions in CoH/CoV. In those events players are basically forced to team up and get into role of playing defense. I suppose TOR has something similar too such as the Rakghoul event but that is planned and announced well ahead of time so it really loses out on the spontaneity factor.

I personally wouldn't mind more random events like that as long as it doesn't become too frequent to the point of nuisance.

Exactly. I remember and loved those Rikti events in CoH/CoV plus the other stuff they had. If the Devs want to liven up the SWTOR universe, this is a big way to do just that.

Exactly. I remember and loved those Rikti events in CoH/CoV plus the other stuff they had. If the Devs want to liven up the SWTOR universe, this is a big way to do just that.

Perhaps he should have called the thread: I would like dynamic events in SWTOR instead of the inflammatory "This game feels abandoned". Probably would've prevented a lot of misunderstandings.

Perhaps he should have called the thread: I would like dynamic events in SWTOR instead of the inflammatory "This game feels abandoned". Probably would've prevented a lot of misunderstandings.

Exactly the point. I have called out others for doing the same thing. Make an inflammatory thread title to get attention, and then proceed to get all upset and defensive when the thread gets derailed.

Please. GSF is on a rail, the rail is just disguised as a bubble now. You have the "freedom" to attack the points in the center of the bubble and the other people attempting to attack the points in the circle. That's it.

And it's still the craptastic "hanging christmas ornament puppet" spaceship you're "flying".

That is the dumbest thing I've read on Christmas, congrats.

This isn't GW2. That being said, they wanted to have spontaneous events. They *tried* to have spontaneous events. The first Rakghoul event was awesome. It started with a newscast that we had no idea what was about. We had no idea what we'd find when we got there. It took days to unfold. And the whining was intense enough that they never tried that again.

If you want to place blame for the lack of spontaneous events, place the blame squarely on the many QQing players who want everything handed to them on a platter at a predetermined time so their ever so special selves don't miss anything, not on Bioware. That was the best thing they ever did in game and it will likely never happen again.