Does PTS require BitRaider?

Floplag

Ive tried literally everything else, the only thing i can think of is that since i have disabled bitraider its preventing it.

Can anyone confirm or deny as its really getting on my nerves i cant get in. The download literally just doesnt move.

No matter what i try it start, creates the file "assets_swtor_test_main_206to205.zip" file, and another one with a z01 extension, that are only about 25 oe 33 kb in size, and nothing happens, it just sits there. which is only about

Just an idea. I know when I was downloading it, the patch was running extremely slow due to the fact I was doing some things on the internet and facebook but once I shut all that down it started working faster. Not sure if that will help.

Just an idea. I know when I was downloading it, the patch was running extremely slow due to the fact I was doing some things on the internet and facebook but once I shut all that down it started working faster. Not sure if that will help.

Closed all apps, even tried with a fresh boot, lol

But thanks for the suggestion.

ive tried everything ive read here, its always the same, makes no sense.

Sorry to hear that Flop, any way to pathping/traceroute the PTS?

Have you downloaded PTS in the past? if so have you tried deleting all the old PTS files and folders and starting from scratch.

My PTS was buggy as hell and i had to do that to correct it the other day.

Sorry to hear that Flop, any way to pathping/traceroute the PTS?

Have you downloaded PTS in the past? if so have you tried deleting all the old PTS files and folders and starting from scratch.

My PTS was buggy as hell and i had to do that to correct it the other day.

Yes, i have been on the PTS in the past.

Yes, i deleted all the old files for this one.

Im sure i could trace it but to be honest i dont know the actually datacenter IPs or dns name to actually do a trace on. Assuming thats where the downloads come from. If you have this please do not post it here, but PM it to me as i really dont want that made any more public than it needs to be for the DDOS clowns of the world.

Im sure i could trace it but to be honest i dont know the actually datacenter IPs or dns name to actually do a trace on. Assuming thats where the downloads come from. If you have this please do not post it here, but PM it to me as i really dont want that made any more public than it needs to be for the DDOS clowns of the world.

Do this flop to get the ip.

Netstat -n -p tcp -b | more

Edit : how to get the data and watch it live.

Download Pingplotter at http://www.pingplotter.com

Install it so you can look at the hops to the server

To find out the server IP (it changes everytime you log in now) you need start swtor and then go back to your Windows desktop.

Now run command prompt in Administrator mode

(Depending on which Windows you have, there are different ways to run it in Administrator mode, so do a quick Google search on how too for your windows version)

Type this command into the command shell after you have opened it.

Netstat -n -p tcp -b | more

(I usually have the netstat command saved in a txt file for notepad and just copy and paste it into the command prompt)

It will show you the 2 swtor connections to the server IP

It usually has an ip like this - 159.153.65.233 or 159.153.65.232

But because it changes each time you login it will be different.. Ie it could be - 159.153.65.220

This is why you have to run this each time if you want to get an accurate read on the server ping.

Once you have that ip, open pingplotter. You can then enter the swtor server ip you are connected to and it will run a live trace route, showing all the connection hops along the way.

You'll be able to see live statistics and information on what is happening.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

That might be your problem. When it downloaded that file you mentioned earlier, if you saw it download but stop, it would be because it has nowhere to install it or maybe missing any files it depends on. Since you deleted the old files, which you probably didn't need to do because it would've taken you less time to update (unless you have a speedy connection then it might not matter), do what I did and go into the game installation folder (If you're unsure, right-click the game icon, go to properties, then click on "open file location" towards the bottom of the window). Delete two files named "assets_swtor_test_en_us" and "assets_swtor_test_main". That should allow you to reinstall the PTS files though it'll go through the full install.

I had lost the old PTS files from years back and when it first tried to update, it downloaded 1 file then stopped and sat there then I realized it had no idea what to do with it, probably due to missing prerequisite files. I found those instructions and gave it a shot and it allowed me to do a full install. luckily my connection was being nice to me (hard to believe with Comshaft) and was getting roughly 3MBps download speed which took like a few hours to download and install.

Edited by darkapprentice

The thing is though that i tried to simply update it before i deleted it, i deleted them only after it failed.

No matter what ive tried its always the same.

I've given up at this point, ive missed everything anyway, it is what it is.

The thing is though that i tried to simply update it before i deleted it, i deleted them only after it failed.

No matter what ive tried its always the same.

I've given up at this point, ive missed everything anyway, it is what it is.

I had the issue of where the first asset file for the PTS would download, but then immediately stall on installation.

My solution was rather drastic. I discovered that some sort of Bitraider installation was gumming up my files. I basically had to delete a number of assets, edited a config file to not use Bitraider, and then re-downloaded the live version + the PTS. I have a fast, unmetered connection so this didn't take too long.

If you are still interested I can list the specific things I did to see if that makes the download work for you.

I had the issue of where the first asset file for the PTS would download, but then immediately stall on installation.

My solution was rather drastic. I discovered that some sort of Bitraider installation was gumming up my files. I basically had to delete a number of assets, edited a config file to not use Bitraider, and then re-downloaded the live version + the PTS. I have a fast, unmetered connection so this didn't take too long.

If you are still interested I can list the specific things I did to see if that makes the download work for you.

This was kinda why i asked the question originally.

I had recently removed bitraider per the directions on the forum and the entire game downloaded, there was no issue with this and everything has run fine since that time without even a blip.

So i was wondering if that would affect the PTS. Now im concerned if it will affect the actual download once its time.

This was kinda why i asked the question originally.

I had recently removed bitraider per the directions on the forum and the entire game downloaded, there was no issue with this and everything has run fine since that time without even a blip.

So i was wondering if that would affect the PTS. Now im concerned if it will affect the actual download once its time.

Hmm. Did you delete the two "assets_swtor_test_*.version" files and the "retailclient_publictest.version" file as well? They are in the same folder as the launcher. (Just trying to eliminate some things that are easy to overlook.)

Hmm. Did you delete the two "assets_swtor_test_*.version" files and the "retailclient_publictest.version" file as well? They are in the same folder as the launcher. (Just trying to eliminate some things that are easy to overlook.)

I just double checked to make sure, as far as i can look, yes, i got it all.

frustrating.

I just double checked to make sure, as far as i can look, yes, i got it all.

frustrating.

This is a long shot, but if you’ve downloaded it before and then just deleted it, there is a chance it left something in the registery that might be messing things up. I certainly don’t suggest you go messing around in the registery, but it could be a cause.

I dont know if you tried talking to Owen directly on the EA/answers help site, but if you haven’t, it might be a good idea and he might have some other ideas he can help you with.

i might have a pulse.

last night i logged early as i was feeling a but under the weather so i wiped out everything and started from scratch, and it appears to be downloading as i post this.

Its slow going but im downloading it in the background as i work and its progressing. It would appear i might have gotten around whatever the issue may have been at least enough to get it further than it was. Well see if it complete, wish me luck, lol.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Edited by Floplag