TCW Expected to Stop Running on Cartoon Network

Eillack

While on my tablet earlier today I was browsing through Comic Booked via Pulse News; while seeing that other shows on Cartoon Network are being cancelled after they finish their seasons, it is also stated that Disney wishes to pull TCW from CN so that it can be on one of their channels.

This makes sense seeing that a now Disney product (Star Wars) would be on a Disney channel....but it just feels wrong to me. Personally, waking up on a Saturday morning (and / or going on my DVR) and turning to Cartoon Network seems typical and nothing strange....possible future Saturdays turning it to a Disney channel (something is telling me Disney XD or whatever it's called) seems wrong and creepy..

So far there is no word on which channel specifically Disney is moving TCW to, but after this season is over, TCW will not be on Cartoon Network unless some negotiations happen, etc.

I just want to see how others feel about this recent news.

TCW is an abomination of the Star Wars universe, it should be taken off all programming.

It was designed to get the younger generation into Star Wars, but you know what the younger generation thinks? (i.e my kids and their friends. who are 10-15.. supposedly the target audience)

They think it's boring as watching grass grow. The can't get excited because they never experienced real starwars, just force fed this animated atrocity.

TCW is an abomination of the Star Wars universe, it should be taken off all programming.

It was designed to get the younger generation into Star Wars, but you know what the younger generation thinks? (i.e my kids and their friends. who are 10-15.. supposedly the target audience)

They think it's boring as watching grass grow. The can't get excited because they never experienced real starwars, just force fed this animated atrocity.

It got some good ideas and characters, but they couldn't develop these good things well enough.

Completely agree.

Why? She is an idiotic character who doesn't understand the need to have a standing army to protect her own planet.

Because she was willing to fight for her belief, went through so much difficulty and betrayal. She's my favorite SW female character.

They made both her and Viszla stupid in season 5 to push the story go quickly since they are short of time.

Hi just want to step back in (been a tad busy sinse I started this); please don't turn this thread into an arguement about a specific character, etc. I made this to see how people felt about watching a Star Wars show on a Disney channel instead of something a tad more mature / for an older crowd.

I made this to see how people felt about watching a Star Wars show on a Disney channel instead of something a tad more mature / for an older crowd.

Couldn't care less, both channels serve pretty much the same crowd with the same type of content, they both aim for the same demographic and neither channel can claim to be for a more "mature" or for "older crowd"

Edited by SNCommand

Couldn't care less, both channels serve pretty much the same crowd with the same type of content, they both aim for the same demographic and neither channel can claim to be for a more "mature" or for "older crowd"

Pretty sure the Disney channels wouldn't be putting in refs that people in their late teens or twenties would know about haha.

But then again if you honestly don't care, please don't bother to post here - thanks.

10-15 is a bit old its actually going younger. But if we are talking about anadoctal evidence my nephews and nieces and all their friends love it so....

it also doesn't matter if it hits its target demograph since it's a huge success. Look at My Little Pony its clearly not geared to guys in their 20s and 30s yet that is their biggest audience.

As for being an abomonation sorry it's 100% star wars and fits in with what Star Wars is.

Pretty sure the Disney channels wouldn't be putting in refs that people in their late teens or twenties would know about haha.

But then again if you honestly don't care, please don't bother to post here - thanks.

Hey, you wanted my opinion you got my opinion, doesn't matter that my opinion is of one that doesn't see the channel switch as any issue

Here's a nice read as well if you think Disney's army of network censurers catch everything http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Radar/Disney

Besides, Clone Wars has less of the dirty content and more of the violent and strangely political ( I mean really, government loans, debt and social justice in a kids show?), nothing to suggest that will change

Hey, you wanted my opinion you got my opinion, doesn't matter that my opinion is of one that doesn't see the channel switch as any issue

Here's a nice read as well if you think Disney's army of network censurers catch everything http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Radar/Disney

Besides, Clone Wars has less of the dirty content and more of the violent and strangely political ( I mean really, government loans, debt and social justice in a kids show?), nothing to suggest that will change

not to mention it won't go on Disney channel it will go one Disney XD which is closer to Cartoon Networks Toonami. They already have similar cartoons on that channel.

So they are placing it on a channel that people with basic cable can't see. First they moved to Saturdays now their making it inaccessible to a portion of their fan base, because not everyone can catch Disney XD and not everyone is internet savvy enough to know how to catch the episodes online. That and who knows maybe Disney will be even more strict on people posting episodes online than Cartoon Network was. So this could be a big change.

But lets face it.....why should I care?

The Clone Wars has already add a black mark to the history of my favorite faction in Star Wars to the point where I don't mind that the "Cool Mandos are Death Watch" anymore. I used to F'ing hate the Deathwatch like current Germany hates their Nazi past, but I just had to lower my standards to enjoy what I originally wanted to see since seeing Season 2....Mandalorians kicking arse & taking names along with the death of this travesty known as Satine and her STUPID "New Mandalorians", which is what I am technically getting so far. but you know UNLESS The next seasons brings in Mandalore the Resurrector and his Mandalorian Protectors to the fray, which it most likely won't....I don't really care.

This show can burn after the Maul/Mandalorian Arc for all I care.

Edited by CassusVerda

and not everyone is internet savvy enough to know how to catch the episodes online.

If my 10 year old cousin knows how to do it I don't think it will be that big of an issue, besides, the full episodes show up on the Star Wars site a few days after the episodes air