How can I be better in PvP?

Daylooin

Hello! I am currently a lvl 50 DPS Vanguard with fully augmented Eliminator gear (BM). I have the head piece for WH which is too augmented. I normally whip out 250k dmg per PvP match, sometimes 300k. But I want to be better, I want to really shine in the matches and in open world which I already do fairly well at. Here are my questions.

#1 What gear should I be using? I mean so far Eliminator has worked out fine for me.

#2 What augments should I use with my armor? So far I'm using Advanced Reflex which adds 18 aim and 16 endurance? (I'm not sure atm)

#3 Should I focus on aim, critical chance, or Expertise rating?

Thanks guys and any additonal advice is most welcome!

I do not know the ins and outs of gear yet, but I can tell you Expertise is a must in level 50 pvp. It makes a difference of being hit or hitting with 5K versus 3k damage on the high end attacks. Because if the other guys expertise is better than yours, you will be taking a lot more damage than he will and they will our live you in one on one fights. Aim and accuracy are really big as well. If you can get your crit up with out sacrificing those two items then you should be very well off.

#2 What augments should I use with my armor? So far I'm using Advanced Reflex which adds 18 aim and 16 endurance?

I believe that's exactly right.

At any rate, I'm certain it's the best choice for my Gunnery spec'd Commando, not as sure about your Vanguard; maybe a Vanguard can chime in?

• 5 months later...

get expertise if its higher then the main stat you will lost, like on the belt 80 expertise is better then a custom belt with 68 armoring. get aim to around 1800 then stack power augments they do around .23-.24 dmg per point then aims .20-.22. Stick with eliminator set, get crit to 35% buffed, Tech crit will be at 46% if you get the right talents , get surge to 77-78% accuracy can be at 96-97 doesn't matter rly.

In game use ur Taunts, they help a lot and give you protection points for medals.

Your a glass cannon so act defensive if around a large crowd , pull the weak one away and try and burst him down.

get expertise if its higher then the main stat you will lost, like on the belt 80 expertise is better then a custom belt with 68 armoring. get aim to around 1800 then stack power augments they do around .23-.24 dmg per point then aims .20-.22. Stick with eliminator set, get crit to 35% buffed, Tech crit will be at 46% if you get the right talents , get surge to 77-78% accuracy can be at 96-97 doesn't matter rly.

In game use ur Taunts, they help a lot and give you protection points for medals.

Your a glass cannon so act defensive if around a large crowd , pull the weak one away and try and burst him down.

Heh I thought the taunts only worked in PvE, I go in nearly Full Supercommando (missing a few pieces), but yeah never knew you could use your taunts to do something. So figuring they redirect the damage to you than their desired?

Heh I thought the taunts only worked in PvE, I go in nearly Full Supercommando (missing a few pieces), but yeah never knew you could use your taunts to do something. So figuring they redirect the damage to you than their desired?

Just for future reference the taunts tell you in the tooltip what it does. Single target taunt states, "Player targets deal 30% less damage when attacking anyone other than you. Lasts 6 seconds."

Just for future reference the taunts tell you in the tooltip what it does. Single target taunt states, "Player targets deal 30% less damage when attacking anyone other than you. Lasts 6 seconds."

Even better when you use it to save your healer from the smash monkeys at a ranged distance while mowing them down.

Hello! I am currently a lvl 50 DPS Vanguard with fully augmented Eliminator gear (BM). I have the head piece for WH which is too augmented. I normally whip out 250k dmg per PvP match, sometimes 300k. But I want to be better, I want to really shine in the matches and in open world which I already do fairly well at. Here are my questions.

#1 What gear should I be using? I mean so far Eliminator has worked out fine for me.

#2 What augments should I use with my armor? So far I'm using Advanced Reflex which adds 18 aim and 16 endurance? (I'm not sure atm)

#3 Should I focus on aim, critical chance, or Expertise rating?

Thanks guys and any additonal advice is most welcome!

1: Yes, go with the Eliminator set bonus. Once you get the 4 piece, you can start min/maxing it.

2: I personally went with the Reflex Augments (18 Aim, 12 End), but I have friends that went with power. I have arguments in favor of each. However, if you pick up the +9% Aim in the tanking tree, at the cost of AP and another skill, then definitely go with Aim.

3: Honestly, once you have the set bonus, start stacking power. Aim and Expertise will come naturally so you don't really have to concentrate on those. The WH Combat Tech boots are a cheap place for the power mod and you can get the augment relatively cheaply as well.