Wait so let me try to get this..

Theology

Where is the new WZ/Ranked season 1? I mean, what have you been doing the past 3 months? What have you possibly been doing the past 3 months that made these not come in with 1.4. I'm really just trying to give you guys the benefit of the doubt; but it's extremely difficult. Edited by Theology

So you advertise 1.4 with Ancient Hypergates, Season 1 of ranked pvp, and then you stealth remove them from the patch? I mean, what have you been doing the past 3 months? What have you possibly been doing the past 3 months that made these not come in with 1.4. I'm really just trying to give you guys the benefit of the doubt; but it's extremely difficult.

We've know about this for about two months.

Oh because it was announced then it makes it okay I guess. Right?

It is certainly pertinent when you incorrectly color the situation like this:

So you advertise 1.4 with Ancient Hypergates, Season 1 of ranked pvp, and then you stealth remove them from the patch?

This implies some sort of unannounced subtlety, when it was quite the opposite. They were very straightforward about what's in 1.4, and that's what is in tomorrow's patch.

It's okay if Mcdonald's takes a dump in your milkshake, as long as they announce it before they actually do it.

This analogy is a poor fit. A better one would be McDonald's telling you about a combo that gives you a sandwich, fries and a drink and then complaining that you don't also get chicken nuggets with it because you see a sign for chicken nuggets in the restaurant.

Consumers these days are hopeless.

I'm sorry for disappointing you, though I have to admit my priorities do not include gaining your approval. I'm sorry nonetheless.

So you advertise 1.4 with Ancient Hypergates, Season 1 of ranked pvp, and then you stealth remove them from the patch? I mean, what have you been doing the past 3 months? What have you possibly been doing the past 3 months that made these not come in with 1.4. I'm really just trying to give you guys the benefit of the doubt; but it's extremely difficult.

They never announced 1.4 would have the warzone. They showed a video of what was coming for the rest of the year! You , and many others, assumed that video was the 1.4 patch. There was no stealth removal of the warzone. If you did a little research you would know this(I've heard of this wondrous invention called the internet where you can look up almost anything). Bioware is not at fault because of your assumption.

Edited by GalenMourne

I'm betting its because of F2P, they give us this patch because they promised they would / keep us happy / compete with panda's, but wait till they can charge free players for it before implementing ranked warzones and the (long overdue) HK-51.

Id say bring on F2P already so we can have this stuff. And again: Im going to be fairly frustrated when subs will have to pay for HK.

I just heard tonight, after resubbing for this patch, that these features were pulled. I'm still amazed that you drones think it's okay to initially advertise 1.4 with all of these things, then pull them from the patch, and still have the patch take so long when theres no beef to it. ArenaNet developed an entirely new PvP game within like a month for the last BWE, and it takes swtor 4-6 months to make and release 1 warzone? Not to mention a Ranked system. Edited by Theology

I just heard tonight, after resubbing for this patch, that these features were pulled. I'm still amazed that you drones think it's okay to initially advertise 1.4 with all of these things, then pull them from the patch, and still have the patch take so long when theres no beef to it.

they were never advertised as being in 1.4...

I just heard tonight, after resubbing for this patch, that these features were pulled. I'm still amazed that you drones think it's okay to initially advertise 1.4 with all of these things, then pull them from the patch, and still have the patch take so long when theres no beef to it. ArenaNet developed an entirely new PvP game within like a month for the last BWE, and it takes swtor 4-6 months to make and release 1 warzone? Not to mention a Ranked system.

Please provide a link on where the promise was made to have those things in 1.4.

I just heard tonight, after resubbing for this patch, that these features were pulled. I'm still amazed that you drones think it's okay to initially advertise 1.4 with all of these things, then pull them from the patch

I can understand you being on the defense right now - your OP has been utterly crushed - but seriously, just take a step back and understand that what you're posting above never really happened.

Edited by Trenter

Alright, so I can't find a link. Maybe it wasn't stated. Cool. But that kind of just reiterates the point I was making earlier. Why did it take Bioware 3-4 months to develop one new Operation? More importantly, why does it take Bioware over 7 months to make and release ONE new warzone? Seven. Months. for a tiny enclosed area with some basic objective mechanic. Edited by Theology

Alright, so I can't find a link. Maybe it wasn't stated. Cool. But that kind of just reiterates the point I was making earlier. Why did it take Bioware 3-4 months to develop one new Operation? More importantly, why does it take Bioware over 7 months to make and release ONE new warzone? Seven. Months. for a tiny enclosed area with some basic objective mechanic.

Cos resources are obviously being redirected towards the f2p conversion.

One may not like it but it's reasonable and even expected.

Edited by aeterno

Alright, so I can't find a link. Maybe it wasn't stated. Cool. But that kind of just reiterates the point I was making earlier. Why did it take Bioware 3-4 months to develop one new Operation? More importantly, why does it take Bioware over 7 months to make and release ONE new warzone? Seven. Months. for a tiny enclosed area with some basic objective mechanic.

So basically they have said that we'll get a smaller content patch every 6 weeks going forward. You think what we get today is the only thing they have been working on up 'til now? You think all the future content patches will have a lead time of six weeks where the entire studio works on that patch alone and then they start all over again? Well... maybe that's true!

But I really don't think so...

So basically they have said that we'll get a smaller content patch every 6 weeks going forward. You think what we get today is the only thing they have been working on up 'til now? You think all the future content patches will have a lead time of six weeks where the entire studio works on that patch alone and then they start all over again? Well... maybe that's true!

But I really don't think so...

Aren't we already way beyond the 6 week time limit for this patch?

Aren't we already way beyond the 6 week time limit for this patch?

Grand acquisition race launched 6 weeks and 1 day ago. (14th august I believe)

You're right, tis a travesty, they missed it by 24 hours. RAAAAAAAGE.

Edited by aeterno

Where is the new WZ/Ranked season 1? I mean, what have you been doing the past 3 months? What have you possibly been doing the past 3 months that made these not come in with 1.4. I'm really just trying to give you guys the benefit of the doubt; but it's extremely difficult.

Owh dear lord, and this is a big part of our community, gg.... They really should ban this type of players from posting in our forum, honestly, sigh....

Edited by Kophar

Why did it take Bioware 3-4 months to develop one new Operation?

You don't have any experience at all with creating software, do you?

Just another gamer who thinks they can estimate effort times because they spent a couple years playing CoD or WoW. No actual knowledge, but a lot of expectation with a healthy dose of I'm-Always-Right.

Thought so.