Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

I made the switch to US server east coast after the first event ended and D3 came out. I had my main in one guild and Alt in another and both guilds un-subbed almost completely when the population did it's first big drop.

The Lag currently is 50-75 for me in Taiwan on a east coast server I know I have a really good connection. I would love to come back in play on a server in my region, but lets be honest I don't want to endless run dalies waiting for PVP to pop or a HM FP.

I can say I am not alone, on the east coast server (9:00am Server Time) there is 150-250 on fleet, and most that I have been puging with (20-30 on my friend list) are from asia too, all re-rolled tired of waiting for BW/EA to do something. We thought of forming a new Guild Asia Outcasts. We have done the HM FP and OP's and the lag does not kill us, only th lag spikes we get every ounce in a while, but I used to get the same thing on Asia servers.

If you are going to keep playing I would suggest re-roll on a server with a good ping for you, atleast you can play with others until/If they ever address this.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware actually treated Oceanic players appallingly over the connection issues that went on for months and affected most guilds due to raiding numbers. Things never recovered.

The decline in population was affected dramatically during this prolonged event which was indeed a Vocus issue which should have been corrected within a week with decent network diagnosis tools.

Just maybe Bioware employees are actually laughing at this community and find it all amusing. They are probably going to let it continue until they close the servers down.

Most raiding guilds including the one I am in are finding it near impossible to raid as they cannot recruit players to fill the gaps left by departing players.

Good stuff Bioware....you are true customer champions!!!

the oceanic scene is pretty much dead now wait for bioware to put the blame on the community for not supporting there product.

Now " Joveth Gonzalez the Online Community Manager " your a real jerk you gave the people that were left hope that something may happen but you went dark and left people waiting for over 3 weeks to come back with the same lame answer maybe it's time you give up because if you can't get justice for your community and when they have lost faith in you it's time to open that green door go through and close it behind you and never look back. So man sort out your community or **** because we don't want you.

I think, possibly you may need to get yourself a job mate, yes, no?. Very nice write up and all, lots of time wasted on it, not that it is of any interest to me, but do you not think it is a little sad to nit pick at everything?, because I do. You remind me of an elderly person in a small village in England, what we call a curtain puller at every movement outside. That is what you are geeze, a curtain puller.

I tend to watch what is happening on the server I am on, and it is heavily populated, lots going on, good and not so good. I have come to the conclusion that this post is merely put up for inciting trouble, for something that probably does not even effect you and certainly does not effect me or most people in this game, which makes the entire post is to your surprise NON VALID in my eyes.

Many thanks

FatEdd

Okay, I admit I am not from APAC region but playing on Dalborra. 400ms lag usually, but it works. And I HATE to rain on people's parades here but someone may have to.

I doubt they will merge the server, because there are only 3 servers with each ruleset. And much as some people may claim in the forums that all people on the PVP server are okay with merging to Dalborra, there will always be many who are silent and disagree. So I think them merging us is totally unlikely.

What could be done is people coming and making new chars and legacies on Dalborra - I know its work and annoying but doable. That way you could show how many truly want to move... and maybe convince BW to invest into some better server tech to help with the lag.

Edited by Darkfalconheart

That's a subject that's been addressed. Read the threads that've been linked.That is the general consensus - while not everyone wants to generally merge , those that don't still want an option to move out.The option isn't available.A post was made that the issue was discussed but despite it raising hopes the pillars on Gav Daragon know better - they've been trying to keep the community together and have done well considering. They've been patient but when you look at your account and find 15 bucks missing you ask yourself "is this worth it?" And for many the answer is beginning to lean towards "no".

Cheers guys.

I think, possibly you may need to get yourself a job mate, yes, no?. Very nice write up and all, lots of time wasted on it, not that it is of any interest to me, but do you not think it is a little sad to nit pick at everything?, because I do. You remind me of an elderly person in a small village in England, what we call a curtain puller at every movement outside. That is what you are geeze, a curtain puller.

I tend to watch what is happening on the server I am on, and it is heavily populated, lots going on, good and not so good. I have come to the conclusion that this post is merely put up for inciting trouble, for something that probably does not even effect you and certainly does not effect me or most people in this game, which makes the entire post is to your surprise NON VALID in my eyes.

Many thanks

FatEdd

fatty. . .

You talk utter crap dude....great you wasted the time to respond to a thread that doesn't interest you.

I think you may have pulled a few too many curtains and have run out of anything substantial to pull.

Edited by wellymace

Okay,

I doubt they will merge the server, because there are only 3 servers with each ruleset. And much as some people may claim in the forums that all people on the PVP server are okay with merging to Dalborra, there will always be many who are silent and disagree. So I think them merging us is totally unlikely.

Yeah and what real reason is there for a pvp server? Please elaborate :rolleyes:

Fine then don't merge the servers but..... give people the option to transfer from the PVP / RP servers to PVE server if they wish. It has been done already when we were given the option to transfer from US servers to an APAC server of our choosing, there just happened to be more people on the PVE server after the transfers were complete and still are more activily playing.

Besides it would be in BW/EAs best interest to offer this to subscribed players (some may reactivate to take up offer) prior to F2P kicking in which i doubt will bring in any major numbers, maybe a few casual players coming to have a look, considering that JB HiFi is already selling the game for $13 - $14

Edited by Esno

fatty. . .

You talk utter crap dude....great you wasted the time to respond to a thread that doesn't interest you.

I think you may have pulled a few too many curtains and have run out of anything substantial to pull.

I did lol. Apparently writing a meaningful and constructive post is a sure sign that you're jobless. I guess Fatty must have one hell of a job, because his post couldn't be any more pointless or off the mark.

So I guess trying to use the GTN is an exercise in futility?

Sigh... any word would be better that this.

1. We're closing the APAC servers soon. (at least we'd know)

2. We're merging x server to y, or x and y to z.. or whatever.(at least we'd know)

3. No decisions will be made until after FTP(at least we'd know)

4. What's APAC? Do we have servers in that area? Who's idea was that? (at least we'd know)

:eek:

The thing I can't wrap my head around is why this would be put off continuously -- someone has pointed out in another thread that if they merge the servers and population dropped again they'd be in a downward spiral with no hopes of going back. Now, that's some good long-term thinking which is what I'm betting would happen. In the mean time, the short term needs to be addressed. There's a huge level of urgency required here because if the APAC community collapses completely, whatever they might have? Won't mean a single thing. The lack of communication is a big part of the pain, I agree.

I... really don't get it.

I appreciate that they're being thoughtful that we have one server with each rule set but as it's been pointed out already... we plain and simply don't have that luxury. And soneil's pointed it out quite clearly -- I know I'd definitely be happy back on Bergeron Colony. My ping was only 200ms and that's from Sydney, Australia -- the lag was never noticeable for me except for the one single occasion in PvP where some marauder ran by my commando and my AoE knockback actually pushed him towards the line rather than off the ramp. Timezone differences weren't even big for me -- playing on the weekends during midday and mornings meant I had it sweet -- prime time for ops with my guild and PvP.

Before I took my holiday? I'm lucky to even finish my PvP daily during primetime on a bleeding Saturday. As for Ops... soneil's said, there's a shortlist of guilds that can even run ops reliably -- and that's not even the latest content.

Edited by TrueNovaZero

I know you can do it Bioware. Just leave us in the dark for another month with your shiate posts about 'soon', 'in consideration' etc. until f2p. I know you can do it. I have faith in you to raise the bar for those that aspire to be the most atrocious customer service providers in an MMO.

/cheer

I believe it's generally considered that the forums represent the server population. That's why on any issue you see people for and against. here you see near 100% people for mergers or free transfers. And it's logical that the PVPers and RPs would want to merge for the same reason they would want to play on a dedicated server. To play with others that want to do the same thing. To make it simple, you'll be able to find more people to RP or PVP with on a merged server than on a low pop dedicated one.

The sad thing is, the servers were well populated once the transfers were enabled. Though due to the location they decided to set up these servers, it worked well for Australia and New Zealand, though the rest of Asia (according to EA / Bioware to only consist of Singapore and Hong Kong) were still better off playing on US servers due to better ping.

Personally I don't see F2P to be successul here. They have managed to kull a thriving community through mismanagement and lack of communication. I really enjoy the game, though I really can't be motivated when I am pretty much forced into a one player game due to a lack of bodies.

It really only comes down to three options:

1) Merge the Oceanic servers into one;

2) Implement cross-server PvP, Flashpoints and Operations; or

3) Shut down the servers and transfer us back to the US.

Although it seems Option 1 is the most favoured, I really don't care myself as long as there is a population. And really, it only comes down to those three options, so I can't understand how the decision can take so long after weeks, let alone months. If they are waiting for F2P to see if the populations increase, they could at least have the balls to say it, rather than handing out disinformation.

Thanks! If you didn't say it I was going to!

I'm playing from Japan, because my guildies were mostly in Aus I moved to the Oceanic servers. Can't really call them APAC I have to admit. It was a small guild but only 2 of us play any more. I have found a new guild which has helped a lot, but the server pop is still ridiculous.

Let me ask anyone ready a question. If you were coming in F2P playing in Aus, would you play on the light pop Oceanic servers? Or the high and full pop US West servers? First screen you will see when you log in is the US ones . . . then the 3 light pop Oceanic servers . . . I can't imagine F2P helping at all. By that time what will be left?

LOL at that response by Bioware.

Check out the below, for an example of how to communicate with your subscribers (note that GW2 is F2P):

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/structured-pvp-iceberg/

Funny, because the GW2 CM first said he would be responding to PvP concerns in a few days, but it eventually took a month. And when he did post that, people were not happy with what he said.

Yeah and what real reason is there for a pvp server? Please elaborate :rolleyes:

I don't see any reason to have PVP either way. But I have been moderating in several kinds of communities on the net and learned one thing - even if it seems that all people agree on doing Thing A, they all say they want it and really really clamour for it - the Moment you do/implent/instate said Item A, a faction B will spring up and HOWL that they never wanted this and that it was only a minority making fuss. Eventually a group C will appear, who joined after and find that it is stupid how we do things here and it's different anywhere else...

To make myself very clear - I'd love to see a server merge. But being a realist I doubt it will happen. If they really intended to do it, they'd long have said it and given a timeline. Even if that timeline was in a month or so, it would make people hang on because the merge is coming.

if you want my guess they won't do a thing and hope that f2p will liven up the servers. If it does... no clue.

That is bad and Dalborra isn't much better but would be cool to do one at the super peak time on the weekends.

This is indeed very sad... But on a positive note thanks for including me in your video chippy :cool: safe to say i'm famous now...And I loved the comment on Realfaststar :eek: Oh and Bio ware merger now.. PLEASE!!!!

Edited by Novarium

That's the thing - if mergers were happening people would hang on. The lack of any real announcement or tangible action kind of seems like they've written us off, and just want to keep us hanging for as long as possible to get the mostout of the subs before letting it die off or go low enough before folding the APAC servers into the US ones. F2P is doubtful to bring it back into the green and despite new content people have still left. I'm realistic enough to know not everyone will be happy but part of the problem of the initial merges was how out of the blue it seemed for the people who couldn't smell the obvious - and also the obvious vanity pains of being on a high pop server like not having the name you want.

Still "Party A" right now wants it to happen and we did go around for a week spamming general on the fleet and the populated worlds. Call it simplification, but I'm pretty sure we got the vast majority. Ofcourse the /signed spam from many different users

I don't see any reason to have PVP either way. But I have been moderating in several kinds of communities on the net and learned one thing - even if it seems that all people agree on doing Thing A, they all say they want it and really really clamour for it - the Moment you do/implent/instate said Item A, a faction B will spring up and HOWL that they never wanted this and that it was only a minority making fuss. Eventually a group C will appear, who joined after and find that it is stupid how we do things here and it's different anywhere else...

Normally I think you are right. Be there are people announcing this on the general channels on the fleets and other planets. I think faction B would have reared it's argumentative head by now. I do however agree with you about group C, they are just waiting sharpening their comparisons to other games equally flawed.

The thing is, if they were to merg servers, they could always split them again later. If they were to allow free transfers, they could always allow them again later.

I think the best idea would be to have PVP, PVE and RP instances, I think they should merge us and work on a way to make that work.

Made a transcript of the video using the automatic captions, in case anyone was interested:

They are sitting here with a quick media regarding my concerns on this astrid servo, uh... sorry apex of mustard on all on a lot sof five p_m_ on a thursday we have twenty four in the imperial fleet.

Uh... let's chief role as a name, sing-along mistakes and I want to look at my fifties online.

Parts of a fifty-five, level fifties on.

Uh.. Well he's going to pay be paying now, the pay doctors say they'll be what tom to games going on all but we want in first his camp and the other one emphasis republic so it at five o'clock on offers of two two men on this uh... We're getting t to gangs through walls lines running home.

Last pretty bad by where, uh, career ignoring us the repatriation, home the poorest are stalin on the forums on the trees firm has gone on for five hundred points now.

I've shown my boldest costumes at the situation and it really sucks you know, we're paying subscribers but you know.

Away granted about that on this video dish I need his help painful, uh, is to do anything on this so so we are cute for a war zone, it's you know just off the five home, and the only know that at this video just to show just how long we can take to get into a warzone.

Now disagree fonder exit row lots of different kettle of fish. Uh... case it looks like he was coming out of a wartime metzner h using my guild, he's also posted he discussed it, all about the servo danya killers from boston telling our poetry out, casa media napoleon issue really elm, active paid repeals on the imperial sodomy on that pandemic is npr's idea.

Palm.

You know if he did here is uh... my mentor. Usually them if he feels any at about five people, I think, that are active in that.

What's the size of masatomo time if they had a pop saying mom. Always does show pop. You know I mean I knew about five minutes of queueing, home before I wanna make he's is only one or two on fifty walls and killing of a little area is the other one, and still ongoing.

So I'm guessing I was in the first is important, always uh.. another each. pained madman. Acount type in the home, come on out there.

Yes, uh, their egos and I registered sets in for susan, rosa said israel on walls and running at the moment, and that would be against the republican, home one thing you also those who now serve of lawsuits on the line it's the same people they and they are the dialogue to the south through this game.

Say sir, final guilds mad, relating to uk, eunice, landing, through the chewed, tunes him, so it was in a sense it is long, nori or mob boss right, but you know I don't want any courses. Uh.. to climb the walls of the industry's just how long the key takes.

Okay syria is uh.. of destroying guilt out through it's finals are inclusive of disputes all over the chart how long recently novels of hops.

And dislike the fear like get paid a one at all, um... Kahan another crusade, via uploading it's viewed we've commentary to show her how uh... Yes, sorry I gain someone else's swiss army also switch print button.

Bunnies looks all three are packed up their own thing big as you can see it's a small community home. By say every fifty ppm dies in trouble.

It's the same opposition and in every war zone along the tools are inserts film. Your religion ship like any thanks for that but, but honorary republic make a video showed how about this uh... very insulting it's now on our continents how long since a long time armand is rambling now.

Okay say auto if people rage quitting not game all, pictured just finished product, learning he'd teased uh.. treatments so, according to hal uh.. this uh.. used to uploader teachers.

So it home, extra money for aids, source adored his dad is a little fifties you one of the detail mastodon, all u_n_ around.

You murder people, like uh.. that's some what's his number all right, that she could not be, see I know who is also having a play what's against him as charles played the role of the gopal saw today I will not talk, that uh.. Beethoven all the people, q killing so many famous paul paul.

So far we are pop, almost a bit of a white. Uh.. be interesting to save it impresses imposed for its first republic, but today that just states of the republic cause girls, there are girls up on the republic, palm, early anyone's balls on at a time.

So it's a look, a case is any, civil war caesarean warren nam fifty walls and i mean, which is live in the fifties isn't bad, now this news. Busily one more thing going with fifties a case so it was so maybe it's still the of real falstaff, nikon it up like algo awfully there were against republican problem naka recording.

So it bioethicist for the past five months as of today, we have won the warzone running on mon sits on the face watching car support my friend only community, cheap beer, cranky arsenals practice.

But overall, I agree, I don't play every day, but more often than not on Dalborra it's not all that much better than this. Personally, getting ganked is worth actually having enough people around to actually have gank me. (Meaning personally, speaking for myself only, that I wouldn't mind if the merged server was forced to be a PvP server to keep the people from complaining.)

Edited by Setsugetsuka