Lost Island HM should have better loot.

3. Satchel charges can be dodged. I actually prefer the left-right strafe than the run around the kolto tank. It's not that hard to avoid every satchel charge this way.

This. We did a three DPS run last week to speed it up, and I ended up tanking on my sentinel. I've never done it before, but I didn't pick up a single charge. It's not rocket science.

Of course, if you're a keyboard turning clicker you're screwed.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LI could have better loot, but I'd rather there be "nightmare mode" flashpoints for some instances (not all, but some) that could drop better loot.

I wonder if that is being considered or if people would complain since we'd be running the same flashpoints.

I could see the dev's taking the lazy way and creating the nm mode to be what LI HM used to be before the nerf and even then, i would not want to see better loot because it was pretty easy. Regardless of that, It already drops beter loot compared to the other HM Fp's.

HM LI: Columi for each boss and Rakata for the last boss.

All other HM FP's: Tionese for each boss and Columi for the last boss.

Edited by haliy

Seems to me, if you try this FP without full Columi it is extremely difficult. Far too many people are unable to pug group it. People that don't have the fortune of a large exp guild have only this to bridge Columi to Black Hole or better gear. The drops in this Tier 2 FP need to be Rakata or better.

Seems to me, if you try this FP without full Columi it is extremely difficult. Far too many people are unable to pug group it. People that don't have the fortune of a large exp guild have only this to bridge Columi to Black Hole or better gear. The drops in this Tier 2 FP need to be Rakata or better.

So you're saying some people just cannot pug HM LI. Fair enough.

Your solution is to make the flashpoint drop 4 pieces of operations-level loot? Lorick already drops Rakata (and the Columi mainhand), but that's not enough, moar rakata!!!

"Look Joe, HM LI now drops 4 pieces of Rakata, this fact has magically made me a better player -- let's pug it!"

Silly.

Edited by Khevar

Would love to see video proof of this.

Don't have video proof sorry, but here are some screenies they took:

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/273991/module_gallery/original/915468.jpg

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/273991/module_gallery/original/915470.jpg

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/273991/module_gallery/original/915471.jpg

Edit: Apparently (I didn't see this, so it's only hearsay), during the LR-5 fight, one of the grey reticles appeared underneath Lord Scourge. He ran out, dropped it and lept back in.

I have to imagine that was just coincidence. Either that or Lord Scourge is a better "player" than some of the pugs I've tried HM LI with. :)

Edited by Khevar

i healed this on my sorc in tionesse / columi, but rest of the group was columi/BH.

imo u got to be top of your game to do this with a full tionesse gear group imo. i admit im a dam good healer, and i would think doing it with a group of recruit/tionesse gear players would be a dam fine challenge, but there is no way in hell i would want this in a group finder situation.

So you're saying some people just cannot pug HM LI. Fair enough.

Your solution is to make the flashpoint drop 4 pieces of operations-level loot? Lorick already drops Rakata (and the Columi mainhand), but that's not enough, moar rakata!!!

"Look Joe, HM LI now drops 4 pieces of Rakata, this fact has magically made me a better player -- let's pug it!"

Silly.

Silly? I am saying more people will try it, and learn it. Now the time reward factor is not there. NEXT/

Silly? I am saying more people will try it, and learn it. Now the time reward factor is not there. NEXT/

HM LI is difficult sure, but not as difficult as a HM operation.

ONE piece of Rakata + Columi MH + 3 additional Columi + No lockouts is plenty.

Edited by Khevar

I disagree

I feel that hard mode and nightmare mode EV and KP are both easier

Wow. Well, I'm sure I'll never be able to convince to otherwise.

For myself and the friends that I play with, we were able to finish HM LI before we finished HM EV and HM KP. And this was before the heavy 1.4 nerf hammer.

The very first time I ever did HM LI, on my first level 50, I got the Columi MH, which was a welcome upgrade and it was totally worthwhile.

It saddens me that so many people clamored for a nerf on HM LI. I've been defending keeping it hard BEFORE I HAD EVER MADE IT PAST LR-5, because I liked the idea of a challenge. I liked the idea that it was a flashpoint I had to get better to defeat. When I finally mastered it, it was an accomplishment.

Later on, Bioware listed to the "cry nerfs" and made it easier.

You are now clamoring for as much loot as drops in an weekly lockout operation to drop in an infinitely repeatable flashpoint, because you personally feel that it is harder than a nightmare operation. I (and many others that I know) heavily disagree with that difficulty assessment.

I sincerely hope Bioware doesn't listen to you and any others wanting for more loot for HM LI or (God forbid) making it even easier than they already have.

I've been enjoying reading the replies to this topic and watching both sides.

I have experience with both sides of this coin as well.

For the record I first tanked LI successfully in a mix of Columni and Battlemaster about 3 months ago. Up until that first completion LI had been a pain in my backside. After running it all the way through and learning the mechanics of each fight it got substantially easier.

Now me and 2-3 guildies run this just about every day and we average 20-30 minute runs. Our healer chain pulls the trash. We vastly over gear it.

About two weeks ago I ran this FP with two people that are not comfortable with the mechanics, in mostly Rakata. We bombed terribly. They could not come to grasp with some mechanics on LR-5 and Sav-Rak (even after the simplification.)

I honestly believe that the flashpoint doles out gear appropriate to the difficulty, with one caveat, If you want an easy way to get the Rakata chest and Columni MH then you are going to have to put some effort into the mechanics of the fights instead of hoping that 7 other people carry you through an operation. LI-HM is a FP that demands that each participant be willing and able to deal with the mechanics involved in each boss fight.

If you feel that it is too hard, by all means stick to operations where there is a possibility that you can be carried though content. I love LI - I hope they release more 4-man mini-operations.

my $.02

Wow. Well, I'm sure I'll never be able to convince to otherwise.

For myself and the friends that I play with, we were able to finish HM LI before we finished HM EV and HM KP. And this was before the heavy 1.4 nerf hammer.

The very first time I ever did HM LI, on my first level 50, I got the Columi MH, which was a welcome upgrade and it was totally worthwhile.

It saddens me that so many people clamored for a nerf on HM LI. I've been defending keeping it hard BEFORE I HAD EVER MADE IT PAST LR-5, because I liked the idea of a challenge. I liked the idea that it was a flashpoint I had to get better to defeat. When I finally mastered it, it was an accomplishment.

Later on, Bioware listed to the "cry nerfs" and made it easier.

You are now clamoring for as much loot as drops in an weekly lockout operation to drop in an infinitely repeatable flashpoint, because you personally feel that it is harder than a nightmare operation. I (and many others that I know) heavily disagree with that difficulty assessment.

I sincerely hope Bioware doesn't listen to you and any others wanting for more loot for HM LI or (God forbid) making it even easier than they already have.

Darth Jadus was super hard before 1.2, it's such a challenge to beat him. But should Bio fix it? Yes.

This is FP, if its drop does not match the difficulty, then it's a problem.

Can anyone give any tips for marauder for Droid-boss?

Just so you know, I left the game in 1.1, so Lost Island is stlll new to me. I have completed it one time on HM and still have to find group for SM (I like the lore, but HM isn't the place to see it, no one cares about bonus bosses and dialogs)

So far the only tactics that I can come up with is to be the only melee DPS in group, and pray to all gods boss won't put his mark on you (which he does 4 times of 5) And if there are 2 melee DPS - its Wipeland. Meanwhile I still need that Rakata chest (Ihave full Columi set, BH belt and Rakata implants and earpiece)

Edited by Gelious

So far the only tactics that I can come up with is to be the only melee DPS in group, and pray to all gods boss won't put his mark on you (which he does 4 times of 5) And if there are 2 melee DPS - its Wipeland.

Uh... if you get targeted by a plasma coil, run away from the tank until it turns blue and leap back in (pop Force Camo to move a bit faster). If it does land too close you could all just move away? I don't really understand... are you just standing in the lightning and waiting to die?

If it does land too close you could all just move away? I don't really understand... are you just standing in the lightning and waiting to die?

The problem is eventually there is almost nowhere to go to avoid damage. It's easier for ranged classes because they can dps and stay away from centre, so when they catch the AOE they take it farther from it then melee dps who have to be near the boss to be able to perform their job.

Edited by Gelious