Dewback mounts... let them be farmable on Tattooine, not cartel!

CTFoxhound

There are no tauntaun mounts in cartel packs or market. ;)

Can I haz a cookie for catching you in a moment of hyperbole Wraiven? :D

You get a cookie from me even if you don't catch me, haha.

Having said that...you are wrong about one thing...

http://dulfy.net/2013/08/23/swtor-germany-gamescom-cantina-tour-files/

I think it's safe to say Tauntauns will be in the cartel market :)

Edited by Wraiven

You get a cookie from me even if you don't catch me, haha.

Having said that...you are wrong about one thing...

http://dulfy.net/2013/08/23/swtor-germany-gamescom-cantina-tour-files/

I think it's safe to say Tauntauns will be in the cartel market :)

Perhaps....at which point.. you can haz back the cookie. :D I'll putz it in a jar here for you, just in case.

But don't count your tauntauns and cookies until you got em though. :p:p:p Two of the three non-armored tauntaun are in game as farmables... and I bet the armored ones are rep or OPs drops. :D

Edited by Andryah

Perhaps....at which point.. you can haz back the cookie. :D I'll putz it in a jar here for you, just in case.

But don't count your tauntauns and cookies until you got em though. :p:p:p Two of the three non-armored tauntaun are in game as farmables... and I bet the armored ones are rep or OPs drops. :D

Were we just mildly flirting? :eek:

Ooh, you sure did burn him with your one empirical example.

How many mounts are in the CM without a way to earn a similar one in game? Go on, I'll wait.

The best mounts mechanically are in-game mounts. The rest? There's no difference mechanically between a Ubrikki Sand Devil (~15k on BC GTN) and a meditation hoverchair (one for 8 mil, another for 55 mil). If people want to get all those mounts, or a dewback or a tauntaun or a varactyl, because they like the looks, that's their choice.

• 2 months later...
Can you please let the next mount which are Dewbacks, let them be farmable like the TaunTauns are on Hoth. I like the way the TaunTauns were implemented in which you can either just purchase them up front from the vendor or farm them yourself. Would be great for the dewbacks had the same sort of system rather than just obtained via the cartel market like the Veractyles are.

100% agree. Btw, BW, I'm extremely happy that you got around to creature mounts (from what I understand, in the beginning you had to decide whether to develop speeders or creature mounts first, lacking the resources to do both right out of the gate). I am extremely happy with my Tauntauns and loved the method by which to obtain them (go to hoth and work for it. Yes, I have the wherewithal to purchase a flock of them in-game, but I chose not to, although when running out of time one day but really close to my 20, I bought my last two data bits from a player (since they are tradeable) at a discounted price, which was a nice little bump to the game economy so made the farmer happy and me as well.

I am *so* looking forward to dewbacks for my troopers. I love the iconic mounts and wasn't particularly pleased w/ the veractyl's method of obtaining them even though I'm sure you were happy with my cash infusion from one round of a hyper crate then, after no joy, ended up having to buy one off the GTN. It left a little bitter taste in my mouth and haven't even "claimed" it on any of my characters yet (probably out of some kind of minor resentment. lol.) Anyway, Tatooine questing for dewbacks is all happy, happy, happy.

Oh! And Banthas!! (loved them in SWG also) plus I'm sure it would get people dusting off their Sand People armor... plus look much better than those two "sand people" atrocity speeders you guys lazily threw together (c'mon, admit it: C- for effort and result :p ).

Edited by BoushhDC

Actually, the original dev staff remarked at one of the pre launch press meetings that the engine did not support animal mounts, so they would not be able to add them...ever.

One of the many things they said were impossible that turned out to be...well...probable. I guess back then "impossible" translated to "we don't want to do it".

One thing I would ask though...is there some kind of link that shows that dewbacks are next in line? Would love to see them as mounts.

PLEASE...let me dream that Nexus will be on the list of future mounts. Really want a Nexus mount.

Edited by LordArtemis

Actually, the original dev staff remarked at one of the pre launch press meetings that the engine did not support animal mounts, so they would not be able to add them...ever.

One of the many things they said were impossible that turned out to be...well...probable. I guess back then "impossible" translated to "we don't want to do it".

One thing I would ask though...is there some kind of link that shows that dewbacks are next in line? Would love to see them as mounts.

PLEASE...let me dream that Nexus will be on the list of future mounts. Really want a Nexus mount.

There is a rather nasty rumor being spread by Eric that dewbacks will show up in the next patch (2.4.3) this tuesday. Not necessarily how, just that they might show up maybe in the next patch possibly on tuesday.

Well, Id love a slice of that rumor pie.

check the dev tracker. There is another thread about dewbacks that he previously responded too.

General statements that probably this tuesday they will be in the collections, and then release as part of the next pack. as part of 2.4.3

The only problem I ever heard was that they hadn't designed mounts with animals in mind. They designed speeders in such a way that they simply orient perpendicular to the ground which looks even more awkward for something that isn't floating. They also didn't support animations for mounts, as they are static.

I don't remember them ever saying it was impossible, just that their current implementation didn't support it.

• 3 months later...
We have "Hovering Motor Cycles" and everyone wants to ride farm animals?

Its a good idea, but I don't think Dewback's are fast enough to be mounts.

I doubt that we will see any more mount farming in the game any time soon. It would be nice to just be able to buy new mounts from vendors again.

OMG, that is the funniest post I have read in a while. I think SWTOR might have this available for farming or from a vendor, but maybe not. They have been making a lot of money with those packs. Who knows? Only time will tell. And the dewbacks are actually pretty fast (it's based on your speeder piloting skill). But with level 3 speeder piloting, it's just as fast as normal mounts. :D

why limit it to just dewbacks?? let us tame banthas and that other big lizard too. eopies or how ever ya spell it, and any other ridable animal that might be on any of the other planets. just dont make it so damn hard like the tauntauns are.. that crap is ridiculous B^P