8-Man EV Duel of the Fates Bug

Last night (1/18) our guild ran EV on 8-man and we found during this encounter if a JK Sentinel uses Zen in Juyo form will trigger the Helper Debuff. The healing aspect of this power will trigger to nearby allies and the encounter will need to be reset.

If this is how it is supposed to work after 1.1 it needs to be fixed because Zen is great for longer fights for self-healing and extra damage. If more information is needed please note and I will add it in.

If other people are experiencing this please note it.

Last night (1/18) our guild ran EV on 8-man and we found during this encounter if a JK Sentinel uses Zen in Juyo form will trigger the Helper Debuff. The healing aspect of this power will trigger to nearby allies and the encounter will need to be reset.

If this is how it is supposed to work after 1.1 it needs to be fixed because Zen is great for longer fights for self-healing and extra damage. If more information is needed please note and I will add it in.

If other people are experiencing this please note it.

and why exactly do you call this a bug ?

You assist another player with a heal, thus you get the debuff...solution, dont use zen...

/thread

Take if off your bars for this fight. It's a DPS loss not using it, but it is not necessary to beat the encounter, even on NM difficulty. Just did it last night and I only have 2 rakata pieces mostly columi, and 2 PvP pieces, so my gear is good but not top tier. Oh, and I was still the first person to get their marauder down so even someone with less gear than me should have no trouble w/o using this buff.

Wow, that is weird. I had a similar bug when I tried to spam heals on a friend. It's almost as if there was some debuff in this fight that says "You have attempted to assist someone else in their duel of fates. As a result you have incurred the penalty of destiny. Outgoing damage and healing reduced by 100%."

Maybe instead of trying to cheat the encounter you should step your game up and kill the stupid mob.

the OP is referring to an ability for their class that does damage but will also heal himself and party/op members in the process. This heal is minimum (say 200-400). It isn't as though the OP is trying to help the op, they just want to use all of their abilities for the fight.

We were told that it should be removed from the bar prior to our fight. it does suck that 1 class cannot use it. Maybe for this specific fight that the ability could only heal themselves.

and why exactly do you call this a bug ?

You assist another player with a heal, thus you get the debuff...solution, dont use zen...

/thread

Exactly.

I learned that the first night of the fight and stopped using "Beserk". You just can't use it or any thing that will heal/buff any other player during the fight.

I believe it is intended that you not use Zen during this encounter. Tip! Group mates can assist you in killing your Elite once every minute if theirs has already been defeated. Make sure they use their highest DPS ability to do so.

the OP is referring to an ability for their class that does damage but will also heal himself and party/op members in the process. This heal is minimum (say 200-400). It isn't as though the OP is trying to help the op, they just want to use all of their abilities for the fight.

We were told that it should be removed from the bar prior to our fight. it does suck that 1 class cannot use it. Maybe for this specific fight that the ability could only heal themselves.

Even on NM mode, the hardest difficulty, the marauders only have 114k HP. You have 120 seconds to kill it so if you can't do 950 DPS without using zen/berserk, you're doing it wrong. Any decent marauder/sentinel specced for bleeds should be doing over 1k DPS with average gear. If not they need to look at their spec/rotation because it's not lack of zen/berserk that's making them fail.