Server Transfers... a genuine query NOT a flaming/troll post

Tonir

I know this is a very hot topic at the front of everyones minds with current server populations, and i wont go into it because its been talked to death. My post is purely to ask if anyone has any knowledge or seen any announcements about what servers will be destination servers, or servers will be open to transfer migrate to and from. I ask because this server transfers are to be started on the 12th of June as stated in this post on the 6th of June. http://www.swtor.com/blog/character-transfer-server-populations-and-you. Many thanks for looking and any information would be appreciated.

Cargo and mail and GTN auctions haven't been mentioned by Bioware yet.

People have all sorts of opinions and precidents about what they think they will happen, but until BW tells us what they're going to do, we don't know anything.

Paige

My question is... When we do transfer... is our cargo stuff going to go with us aswell as our inventory?

Oh, the stuff in our cargo bays better go with us, or the raging will be epic. As said above, make sure you dont have anything on the GTN or in the mail that you want to keep.

I personally kept tons of stuff in the mail, to avoid buying the 3rd bay on all my toons, 10 credits for 30 days of storage for 8 stacks is not a bad price. But I recently bought 3 of the 3rd bays just to pack up all my stuff. So I spent 1.2 million on bays to fill with stuff that better be moved with my family. :)

Cargo and mail and GTN auctions haven't been mentioned by Bioware yet.

Paige

You are right, they have not said anything yet.

But, people who get "copied" to the PTS are able to access all the stuff they have in their cargo at the time of the copy.

And, considering that when 1.2 was release everything I had on auction was suddenly dropped back in the mail.(Basically the GTN was reset)

And, those auctions are time sensitive and server based. If you were to move without taking those items off the market, I would assume that they would be lost to the GTN forever, sold or not.

Of course those are assumptions, and we all know what happens when we assume. :)

My question is... When we do transfer... is our cargo stuff going to go with us aswell as our inventory?

Well on account of they said the stuff from guild banks would need to be transferred with a toon you would think that they will transfer your stuff in your cargo

I was interested to know the same as the op. It would b nice to know a litte ahead of time so you can plan with the people in your guild....also the imps on my server wanted to to join up with us on the new server, but doesn't look like we are gonna know until the last minute....thanks for the link though