Why Bother PvPing as Republic?

Squiddish

And here come the insulters. No they are not mirrors, I've played the sith versions and they DO hit harder than the Republic side. And I'm inclined to say that you don't know what you are talking about because you simply dismiss my "claims" as you call them out of hand, instead of investigating for yourself. The pvp on Corellian Run is unbalanced in favor of the sith for many reasons, and all the republic pvpers on my server, even other lvl 50s confirm the same thing. So until you have something constructive to say, which is what these forums are for, be quiet.

Well something I've noticed playing on Corellian Run is that pvp is seriously unbalanced in favor of the Sith. When the Sith are allowed to fire THROUGH obstacles and the Republic is not, that's not right. When they are allowed to pass the ball while stunned or dead, that's not right. When they are allowed to hit you with a dozen stuns/interrupts/pushbacks in quick succession of each other and Resolute doesn't kick in even when you have a full white bar that's not right. When they become immune after just 2 stuns, that's not right. When they are allowed to have lvl 10s that can cream a lvl 50 in full pvp gear that's not right. When the empire ALWAYS wins a tie in Voidstar, that's not right. When the empire can induce a lag spike in the Republic side in Huttball and make us all stand still or fall INTO the floor, while they score 6 times and the entire Republic team can't do anything except sit there, it's not right. Many players on my server have noticed this, and no it's not my skills. I'm almost Battlemaster as a healer so I know the game. PvP is seriously unbalanced in favor of the Sith. They can hit harder class for class and level for level and have access to exploits the Republic cannot.

Grade A troll~.~

And here come the insulters. No they are not mirrors, I've played the sith versions and they DO hit harder than the Republic side. And I'm inclined to say that you don't know what you are talking about because you simply dismiss my "claims" as you call them out of hand, instead of investigating for yourself. The pvp on Corellian Run is unbalanced in favor of the sith for many reasons, and all the republic pvpers on my server, even other lvl 50s confirm the same thing. So until you have something constructive to say, which is what these forums are for, be quiet.

Yes, they are mirrors. Aesthetic differences in their animations and extremely minor mechanical differences do not constitute a wild variance to the level of what you're attempting to claim.

You may want to look into being quiet yourself, as blatant misinformation fostered from skewed anecdotal evidence is anything but constructive. Think on this, you're far more likely to take notice of what you yourself endure than you are to take notice of how things appear to opposite side. This extremely relevant when concerning an online MMO, where things like latency can make certain things look broken to you, yet completely normal on another persons screen.

Ah yes, and now he tries to mask himself with mature words. No I use a guild group and several of us also pvp on hte sith side. So I know from personal experience and from other people in my guild and other people on the server. So quit trying to discount my information and let the developers deal with it.

Maybe it's because the Republic players aren't too good on your server or they just aren't up to level with the Empire players? The level 10s vs level 50s is getting ridiculous. It's outleveling, not outplaying.

Reason:

- Highlevels are more prone to join PvP than lowlevels overall.

- Imps outnumber reps at least 3:1 on most servers

- Imps have more highlevels

- Chances of getting more highlevels on imp side is thus higher

- Imps win

Altenatively:

- Imps have more hardcore geeks with no lives

- Reps have more casual players with lives

- Imps win virtual PvP games against reps

Especially the level factor in PvP games is ridiculous atm. The team with the higherlevel players win hands down just about every game. This goes for both rep and imp. You wont really be able to contribute to your team before level 30 imo. Before that youre just a liability.

I am sorry, but Having seen posts like this for years from many games I can only laugh.

The Republic and Empire classes are carbon copies of each other. The graphics are different, but the damage, cast time etc are all the same that being said you have either been saddled with scrubs, or perhaps are one your self. In either case on my server the Republic forces do very well and WZ's go back and forth all the time.

You have several options: keep complaining that always helps... Just ask players from Rift.

Get you and 3 of your friends and group queue and bring a bit of teamwork to your WZ's Having a voice chat client helps a lot as well.

I'd say we go 50/50 on basilisk droid... There are times when 4-5 same sith 50s queue and we get steamrolled a few games in a row but that will even out pretty soon. The scaling for low lvls in warzones is a good idea but it doesn't make up for the missing skills and talents to go with them.

Reason:

- Highlevels are more prone to join PvP than lowlevels overall.

- Imps outnumber reps at least 3:1 on most servers

- Imps have more highlevels

- Chances of getting more highlevels on imp side is thus higher

- Imps winp

Numbers yes, Levels are about the same. First 50 I saw was a Republic Trooper.

Altenatively:

- Imps have more hardcore geeks with no lives

- Reps have more casual players with lives

- Imps win virtual PvP games against reps

And here I thought you post might have some actual thought put into it till I saw the above portion. I am fairly sure that BOTH sides have people that fit into this category, and per capita they come out to be about the same. Simply because one side wins more does not denote a lack of life.

A better argument would be: Imperials storyline is more aggressive and thus Imperials developed a more aggressive play style. Perhaps if a few more Jedi stopped all this peace love and happiness crap they would do better, but why do that when you can QQ.

Especially the level factor in PvP games is ridiculous atm. The team with the higher level players win hands down just about every game. This goes for both rep and imp. You wont really be able to contribute to your team before level 30 imo. Before that youre just a liability.

Lies. It is true that as you gain levels you will contribute more, but even a lower level player can add to a WZ. Will you get killed a lot? Yes, but think of it this way. As you level against and go up against higher level players you have the chance to go against them and learn to be better than they are. You don't get good at something by facerolling easy targets. You get good by getting facerolled and fighting back, and when you catch yup to them in levels and start facerolling them just sit back just smile.

Lies. It is true that as you gain levels you will contribute more, but even a lower level player can add to a WZ. Will you get killed a lot? Yes, but think of it this way. As you level against and go up against higher level players you have the chance to go against them and learn to be better than they are. You don't get good at something by facerolling easy targets. You get good by getting facerolled and fighting back, and when you catch yup to them in levels and start facerolling them just sit back just smile.

I agree 110%, as a late 20s character pitted against 50s you do learn alot, biggest lesson I've learned is that; tracermissile;tracermissile;tracermissile;tracermissile;tracermissile;tracermissile fkn wins, secondary but rqually important lesson is 50% of Imp teams are sorcs, which fkn wins.

One reason.

You don't get huttball every single game.

I still love my Operative, though. It's amazing how much the cosmetic differences in class mirroring make. I cant stand SI, but Consulars are cool. My buddy hates Bounty Hunters with a passion, but fell in love with Soldier.

Edited by Meluna

Ah yes, and now he tries to mask himself with mature words. No I use a guild group and several of us also pvp on hte sith side. So I know from personal experience and from other people in my guild and other people on the server. So quit trying to discount my information and let the developers deal with it.

My verbosity is actually a pretty constant thing. Your personal experience means absolutely nothing. If you can't produce actual data to support your claims which go against pretty much everything we know about the game, and networking technology, then there is little reason to accept your claims as anything other than the ravings of someone who can't stand losing and is desperately searching for causes that lie outside their own control.

I ask this question honestly having gone 1-37 now with my Smuggler (that's 1 warzone win, 37 losses). I've never ended up in a Republic v Republic Huttball game, and the 1 win was a 9v4. We somehow had 9 people in a Battle for Alderaan, and we got the "Lobby will close not enough players" message every 30 seconds or so because the imp team kept waggling between 4-5 people.

Republic DOES NOT WIN. EVER. EVER EVER EVER.

I thought being on the Alliance was someone's idea of a cruel and unusual punishment in WoW, but at least they won OCCASIONALLY. Is this seriously just my server?

Just for kicks, I rolled a Sith Sorc on my server. I've lost 1 warzone on him, and it was Imp v Imp Huttball. All 7 games against Republic, we steamrolled hard. I find it difficult to believe that the entirety of the Republic is this bad.

Someone, tell me there is hope on another server. Please.

I play on "The Corsair" as Republic. I am level 32, and I believe I am above the average level in the Warzones. Sometimes we win a bunch and other times we lose a bunch. It really seems to depend on who I am with.

If half the team are lowbies just trying to figure out what the heck is going on, let alone that there against much higher level players, we get steamrolled. For instance, fighting too far away from the doors, to many players defending a point, not staying near the Hutball, ect. are all follies of the newbie, which is to be expected.

I also had a guy that would command (help here, help there) everyone in the warzone effectively and he was good at scoring the hutball. We would roll with this guy on our squad, rarely losing.

I think communication and level advantage are crucial, as well as experience with the map. I think these will come with time and we should see balance in the force and less statistical anomalies, unless your playing on "The Fatman" or other notorious Empire PvP servers.

yea i know what you mean i played 70 war-zones games valor rank 30 or so now, only won i think 10 game of 70. that to me is very wrong for a game that somehow called it self balance. the bug with trooper class and jedi Consular dont help with the pvp combat. i so mad with pvp beaning lvl 50 vanguard and losing so much i nearly delete my character in rage of it.

I also sick of server republic to empire radio for dark reaper it i think 1 republic to 9 empire radio , so 100 republic there be 900 empire player on that server.I believe there need the warhammer system that show if it was (low/med/high) republic or empire. so it not one side has more then the other.

also i wrote this after losing 7 games in a row, so i little mad right now.