The reason why this game may not last for me.. (good point about the story aspect)

Kooshdin

I wonder if anyone else is with me on this ?

The general idea according to Bioware, is that sTWOR would be a story based system. Also they used the conversation role system they use in other games.

That is great, I mean I love to choose answers to questions in a game, the conversation role system is actually a greaty idea...however,

Why is it that every choice of answer seems to be , light side comment at the top, mid range feelings in the centre, and darkside comment atthe bottom? Also why Tell us in certain situations what is a light side conversation comment and why tell us whats a dark side comment ?

this totally ruins the whole point of using multiple choice answers, alongside a story ?

I mean how many people have watched in a conversation role when a light side/dakr side request is asked, when in a flahpoint or heroic quest ? Youll see everyone basically chooses the light side points almost instantly or dakrside if your a dark side group in a flashpoint heroic, its like you can see clearly nobody pays 100% attention to the choices given to you because almost instantly everyones points show up on bottom left of screen.

Whats thep oinmt in having us listen to a story and then give us multiple choice answers, if you cant mix around the comments so people choose comments based on their natural incline ???

The way the conversation role works is far too easy, it makes it so that all your doing is reading a story, then clicking the mouse to get the story moving on, the choices are basically already set out in a way that you know which of the three options to choose.

the game is meant to be story based, but theyve messed up the multiple choice system, whos with nme ?

2 things need to be changed, mix up the multiple choice answers, and also get rid of the light side/dark side icon in the middle of the Circle.

This is for these reasons alone, so we live the Star Wars game based on our own desires rather than off what is top answer and what is light side point anser, and so we actually pay attentino to the story by force, because the choices you need to make in the story have to be accurate to the description of the story being told by the quest giver.

This is meant to be story driven game isnt it ?

You can still live the game you want just do not pay attention to the light side/dark side thing and choose what you feel is right. I was trying for a pure light Jedi but I did not agree with some of the light choices so I choose what I felt was right even tho it was dark side.

You can still live the game you want just do not pay attention to the light side/dark side thing and choose what you feel is right. I was trying for a pure light Jedi but I did not agree with some of the light choices so I choose what I felt was right even tho it was dark side.

Ok ....

Wouldnt it be better though if the light side/dark side option was hidden ? I mean as you said sometimes you chose dark side points because you felt it was right ?

Wouldnt it be better if it was hidden, as it would force you to read thestory and pick an answer you feel is the right answer you want for the faction pionts you want ?

I have a total of 3850 light side / 0 dark side points last i looked, but that is because i know what is light or darkside...

Surely it would be better if the light and dark aspect weas hidden so when i hit level 50 i get a good idea by looking at my light side/fdark side points how well ive done at using the force wisely ?

You don't have to go pure dark or light. Knowing which is light which is dark helps people who want to max one side out, but for me, I care more about the choices. I do whatever I think is best for the empire, and sometimes whatever is best for the individual person.

It's because of the way the alignment thing is set up. If you want a light side toon, picking a dark side choice is just setting you 50/100/150 points away from the next level and getting access to more goodies. Most people would rather sacrifice a bit of storytelling to save themselves the time and trouble of having to go and get even more light side points than they would have before in order to advance.

And then to get rank V of either light or dark, you have to go through and get 10,000 of your points, and then points after that erase points from the other side, so every opposite-side choice you make slows you down quite a bit if your goal is maxing your alignment. And then if you make opposite-alignment choices at that stage, it'll drop you from your rank V and you have to go do it over. It's quite annoying the way they have it set up.

I agree that the whole light/dark indicator is a little silly and would prefer it wasn't there, but it's a minor issue among so much amazing content.

Maybe an option to disable the indicator in your gameplay options would be good.

Look I'm all for offering constructive criticism, as you do; you make some interesting points with thoughtful suggestions. Here's my issue- the post headline. There's so much sensationalism in these forums (e.g. THIS GAME SUCKS, 10 reasons SWTOR will fail, etc.). I don't see why you have to get our attention by using the negative.

Why not say something like, "SWTOR is a good game. Here's how I would make it better," or something to that effect? Let's give these hardworking developers a little room to grow! They just got out of the gate and from what I've experienced (as a weathered MMO player), this game, even with the flaws some have found (and the bugs), is pretty darn amazing.

Throw a little love at those developer boys and girls, give them a little positive reinforcement and then offer some helpful ideas. Threatening to leave the game is what behaviorists call negative reinforcement- "Be better or I will hit you."

Positive reinforcement works better- Great job guys! Can't wait to see what you do next... Here's some ideas.

Peace

You can turn the light side/dark side indicator off on dialogue choices; it's in the preferences menu.

My bug bear is still that it's impossible to tell how a response is going to be delivered from the on-screen text. How I read the text and how it's actually said aren't always the same thing, which is annoying.

The general idea according to Bioware, is that sTWOR would be a story based system. Also they used the conversation role system they use in other games.

That is great, I mean I love to choose answers to questions in a game, the conversation role system is actually a greaty idea...however,

Why is it that every choice of answer seems to be , light side comment at the top, mid range feelings in the centre, and darkside comment atthe bottom? Also why Tell us in certain situations what is a light side conversation comment and why tell us whats a dark side comment ?

this totally ruins the whole point of using multiple choice answers, alongside a story ?

I mean how many people have watched in a conversation role when a light side/dakr side request is asked, when in a flahpoint or heroic quest ? Youll see everyone basically chooses the light side points almost instantly or dakrside if your a dark side group in a flashpoint heroic, its like you can see clearly nobody pays 100% attention to the choices given to you because almost instantly everyones points show up on bottom left of screen.

Whats thep oinmt in having us listen to a story and then give us multiple choice answers, if you cant mix around the comments so people choose comments based on their natural incline ???

The way the conversation role works is far too easy, it makes it so that all your doing is reading a story, then clicking the mouse to get the story moving on, the choices are basically already set out in a way that you know which of the three options to choose.

the game is meant to be story based, but theyve messed up the multiple choice system, whos with nme ?

2 things need to be changed, mix up the multiple choice answers, and also get rid of the light side/dark side icon in the middle of the Circle.

This is for these reasons alone, so we live the Star Wars game based on our own desires rather than off what is top answer and what is light side point anser, and so we actually pay attentino to the story by force, because the choices you need to make in the story have to be accurate to the description of the story being told by the quest giver.

This is meant to be story driven game isnt it ?

You can go into your settings and disable the LS/DS indicator.

I do agree, though, that it kind of defeats the purpose even having the option.

One of the things that was supposed to make TOR so special was the idea that you can't save-game and keep making decisions until you get the result you want. And that was, in fact, a great idea. What did Bioware do instead?

They give us LS/DS indicators and the ability to escape-out of every convo and start over until we get the result we want, meaning min/maxing of LS/DS points and companion affection is back on the menu.

Every thread related to the alignment systems weakness and how broken decision making has been hidden in the story and lore forums. Hopefully because of your title yours won't be >.<

Also, the reason people are just picking light or dark all the time is because Bioware is forcing their hand due to the fact relics are restricted to light and dark players. Decision making is broken.

Every thread related to the alignment systems weakness and how broken decision making has been hidden in the story and lore forums. Hopefully because of your title yours won't be >.<

Also, the reason people are just picking light or dark all the time is because Bioware is forcing their hand due to the fact relics are restricted to light and dark players. Decision making is broken.

Or because we like being LS or DS...

Ok ....

Wouldnt it be better though if the light side/dark side option was hidden ? I mean as you said sometimes you chose dark side points because you felt it was right ?

Wouldnt it be better if it was hidden, as it would force you to read thestory and pick an answer you feel is the right answer you want for the faction pionts you want ?

I have a total of 3850 light side / 0 dark side points last i looked, but that is because i know what is light or darkside...

Surely it would be better if the light and dark aspect weas hidden so when i hit level 50 i get a good idea by looking at my light side/fdark side points how well ive done at using the force wisely ?

You can turn off the light/dark display options during conversations in the settings.

Or because we like being LS or DS...

Well then it's good that there will always be that option for you. Yet for those of us who actually like to make decisions (e.x. dark decision in one quest, and light in another) we're gimped in our choice of gear.

Hahaha. Prophetic post.

This is a problem I've had with all of Bioware's games since Mass Effect (excluding most of DA:O). They've decided that it is required that all of the choices and consequences be clearly outlined, but without telling you exactly what you're doing because apparently that adds to the immersion... Thus the (flirt) button. Don't want people to have to think in our games do we? Edited by Nabende

I'm gonna answer just in case no one else did.

It;s not always like that and you can infact turn off the hints about ligh/dark choices.