Iokath Recombinator

Jazzyrick

This is needed for some higher end artifice recipes. Everything I search for mentions command token vendors or just get them from the GTN.

There has to be a way to acquire them other than those two options. Crit on some companion mission or special missions to get them as well?

This is simply frustrating as the internet is rife with "buy them from this vendor" who doesn't exist anymore.

This is needed for some higher end artifice recipes. Everything I search for mentions command token vendors or just get them from the GTN.

There has to be a way to acquire them other than those two options. Crit on some companion mission or special missions to get them as well?

This is simply frustrating as the internet is rife with "buy them from this vendor" who doesn't exist anymore.

You can purchase directly from the old Umbara vendor. It no longer requires ARD (currency removed), just credits (at least was there during PTS). Its is expensive tho.

I personally bought a couple 100 from command token vendor before it was removed. That was way cheaper.

Out of curiosity, i bought mines to have for Dark Projects mostly. What high lvl artifice is requiring it now?

yup, I made a mistake on those (was thinking of the refined isotopes)... GTN from other players is currently the only source, and they're being gouged by resellers

Nope, as another player said, they can also be purchased from an Umbara vendor in the Alliance Staging Room on Odessen. That being said, the GTN prices on my server are actually better by a mile than this vendor's prices (260k per unit).

• 4 weeks later...
people are selling them daily by 100k on my server, i assume that they have other means to get them (i can't believe that this is their old stash)

anyone that was making lots of augments and set gear before onslaught probably had hundreds if not thousands of them.... I know a few people converted tons of their remaining command tokens into them (I went for cxp boosts myself... not sure I made the right choice considering how blah renown crates are)...

and I'm sure some people just looked around, didn't see any good sources for them and bought up all the cheap ones remaining on the GTN to resell... on my server you see the same few names selling them all so I assume that's what they did.

people are selling them daily by 100k on my server, i assume that they have other means to get them (i can't believe that this is their old stash)

Well I personally converted command tokens into 2k recombinators myself, and I know people who converted ten times as many (and are making millions now selling their huge stores), so no, I wouldn't bet on there being any other way to get them at all.

Well I personally converted command tokens into 2k recombinators myself, and I know people who converted ten times as many (and are making millions now selling their huge stores), so no, I wouldn't bet on there being any other way to get them at all.

So this would be why you've posted answers to the question of 'where are these things' with 'check the GTN'.

Not a bad way to make some credits, and given the old cost versus new, possibly a whole lot of credits.

But this change in source / price by Bioware is idiotic and highly antagonistic towards players.

Convert a deprecated currency to credits for next to nothing, yet increase the cost to obtain a previously cheap item by a factor of over 10X.

These should be on the jawa vendor for no more than 10 purple jawa mats, available for credits for no more than 20K, and / or available for the same pre 6.0 price with tech fragments replacing command tokens.

Edited by DawnAskham

Not true. You can get them on Odessan from the Umbara vendor (however they cost a ton there 260,000).

So this would be why you've posted answers to the question of 'where are these things' with 'check the GTN'.

Not a bad way to make some credits, and given the old cost versus new, possibly a whole lot of credits.

Not at all. I haven't sold a single one of my recombinators. I know my guildies have (they told me as much when mentioning the vast stocks they have), but I'm keeping mine for personal crafting. I am probably being hugely over-cautious, but I know if I ran out and needed to buy more later for high prices I'd be kicking myself. I even said in my post to which you're responding that I know people who make millions selling recombinators - I didn't say I was. So kindly don't make assumptions about my motivations. I'm not someone who exploits people on the GTN. My sales are only cosmetic crafts, so fairly priced that I get mails and whispers sometimes from other crafters angry at me that my prices aren't higher and asking me to raise prices so I can join some sort of cartel with them. I never do. In pointing out options for buying recombinators, I'm really just trying to help people considering that GTN prices I have seen are cheaper than the 260k vendor price.

But this change in source / price by Bioware is idiotic and highly antagonistic towards players.

Convert a deprecated currency to credits for next to nothing, yet increase the cost to obtain a previously cheap item by a factor of over 10X.

These should be on the jawa vendor for no more than 10 purple jawa mats, available for credits for no more than 20K, and / or available for the same pre 6.0 price with tech fragments replacing command tokens.

I agree. It's surprising that the recombinators are now priced so high. I can see the angle in terms of valuing the old Umbara currency highly, but that ignores that recombinators also used to be available for command tokens, so there'd definitely be a logic to having them also available from the renown vendor for a pittance of credits but an equivalent amount of tech fragments.

Not true. You can get them on Odessan from the Umbara vendor (however they cost a ton there 260,000).

I... literally said exactly that... in this very thread... I said you can get them on Odessen for 260k... right here... :eek:

Nope, as another player said, they can also be purchased from an Umbara vendor in the Alliance Staging Room on Odessen. That being said, the GTN prices on my server are actually better by a mile than this vendor's prices (260k per unit).

The user to whom I was answering when I said "I wouldn't bet on there being any other way to get them" suggested that the fact that people are selling recombinators for 100k implies that this is some source for new recombinators other than this vendor. But there isn't: there are only players' existing old stocks, and this vendor. Are you really imagining that people are buying recombinators for 260k and selling them on the GTN for 100k?

Edited by Estelindis

Not at all. I haven't sold a single one of my recombinators. I know my guildies have (they told me as much when mentioning the vast stocks they have), but I'm keeping mine for personal crafting. I am probably being hugely over-cautious, but I know if I ran out and needed to buy more later for high prices I'd be kicking myself. I even said in my post to which you're responding that I know people who make millions selling recombinators - I didn't say I was. So kindly don't make assumptions about my motivations. I'm not someone who exploits people on the GTN. My sales are only cosmetic crafts, so fairly priced that I get mails and whispers sometimes from other crafters angry at me that my prices aren't higher and asking me to raise prices so I can join some sort of cartel with them. I never do. In pointing out options for buying recombinators, I'm really just trying to help people considering that GTN prices I have seen are cheaper than the 260k vendor price.

I agree. It's surprising that the recombinators are now priced so high. I can see the angle in terms of valuing the old Umbara currency highly, but that ignores that recombinators also used to be available for command tokens, so there'd definitely be a logic to having them also available from the renown vendor for a pittance of credits but an equivalent amount of tech fragments.

I... literally said exactly that... in this very thread... I said you can get them on Odessen for 260k... right here... :eek:

The user to whom I was answering when I said "I wouldn't bet on there being any other way to get them" suggested that the fact that people are selling recombinators for 100k implies that this is some source for new recombinators other than this vendor. But there isn't: there are only players' existing old stocks, and this vendor. Are you really imagining that people are buying recombinators for 260k and selling them on the GTN for 100k?

Oh please don't think I'm accusing you of gouging anyone, all the ones on GTN have been for less than Odessen while still providing ample profit for those selling - and nothing wrong with it at all, I hope you do sell some of yours and make a few credits.

My displeasure is with Bioware - there is no reason at all this material should be so expensive from a vendor, not on the jawa vendors, and / or no available on Fleet (versus middle of no where) for similar cost (either that or update the schematics as in the past so they use new materials).

I haven't run out of the ones I had (must have capped command tokens last year and bought some as I have like 200), but was checking to see where they were available after seeing them still used in several schematics.

Edited by DawnAskham

Oh please don't think I'm accusing you of gouging anyone, all the ones on GTN have been for less than Odessen while still providing ample profit for those selling - and nothing wrong with it at all, I hope you do sell some of yours and make a few credits.

I thought you were saying that I was directing users to the GTN so that I could make a profit, not so I could help them save credits. If not, I'm glad to hear it. I wouldn't think there's anything especially wrong with my guildies selling the things since, yes, it is for less than the Odessen vendor, but I'd feel bad if I did it myself. A material that was so inexpensive before being jacked up this much, selling it so much higher now feels like taking advantage of people. I guess if no one did, then everyone would be stuck either not getting the material or paying 260k, though. And if people listed it for a low price, others would just buy and relist higher. So I doubt there's much to be done for it, except that BW will add some other source of the material.

• 4 months later...

Well four months later and on my server they go for $350K each on the GTN and still $260K on Odessen. It's a rip off, I guess I just won't make anything that uses them anymore. Unfortunately I was away for a while and had thousands of command credits when I left. Came back to credits that are junk now and commandeered command boosts that require level 75. Not thrilled at all.

I am returning player and i guess i will just not make those superior augments. Superior augment 48 needs 9 of them so its 2,3M for those, not counting other materials. I will pass...

Look at the numbers for those, they haven't been BiS since 6.0 dropped.

The old tier 10 purples (advanced 45s), and even the blue versions are better if you want cheap augs.

The tier 11 blues (73s) are the next step up until you can afford the tier 11 purples (74s).