Star Wars Collecting

Reble-Dog-Squad

Hi all

Maybe a little off topic but i thought i would just ask the question.....who has renewed their collection into the star wars figures and/or models etc?

I have just got a model of the Millennium Falcon, 5 action figures and posters.

I hope to add to my collection with the boxing day sale on i hope to get some nice models and figures.

This game has really inspired me to collected again.

Anyone else the same?

• 2 months later...

So nobody has any models or action figures,

Am I the only one that is collecting these day of star wars stuff, just think in 20 years what i have collected today might be worth enough to pay off the house tomorrow....lol

Am i alone in this or are fan or nerds too ashamed to post.

I don't do the figures or ships anymore, though I used to. Having a 4-year old makes it difficult to start collecting again :p

I did however recently purchase the following two items (the first I haven't opened yet, due to not having the space in my office to handle it properly, alongside the second one):

http://www.amazon.com/Book-Sith-Secrets-Vault-Edition/dp/1612182615/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331424416&sr=8-1

and

http://www.amazon.com/The-Jedi-Path-Students-Edition/dp/1603800964/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1331424535&sr=1-1

The latter one is pretty cool. I haven't cracked open the book yet for serious reading, but all the bells and whistles were fun to look at :).

So nobody has any models or action figures,

Am I the only one that is collecting these day of star wars stuff, just think in 20 years what i have collected today might be worth enough to pay off the house tomorrow....lol

Am i alone in this or are fan or nerds too ashamed to post.

Toys? No.

Limited edition premium statues / busts, Replica lightsabers / blasters / armor, and hardcover novels....Yes.

Some places of intrest if you ever decide to move up to collectables.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?ref=HZ_home

http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/Star_Wars_Collectibles_s/1.htm

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=See-All-Categories&_from=R40&_nkw=master%20replicas%20star%20wars&_sop=16

Edited by TKMaster

Check this site out on the value of some of the original action figures:

http://actionfigures.about.com/od/historyofactionfigures/tp/top_5_starwars.htm

*Edit* I knew a guy back in the day when they were first released, that had the original Snaggletooth blue uniform, and the telescoping sabers for Vader. The only one I can claim to fame is the leather jawa one, but the dog ate the leather :(

Edited by Wire_Razors

awesome stuff mate,

i will have to get back into searching the net again, i found a website that make authentic blasters and light sabers, i think the guy was an ex-props master for one of the big studios

I've been to that lightsaber site as well. Prices are a bit outrageous even for something simple. 99.9% of what you can buy there, you can do-it-yourself (Jedi style!) for a lot cheaper by going to the local hardware store. A little more time and effort, but would be well worth the experience.

Once my son learns the love of SW (he's well on his way .... he loves to play my Inquisitor killing "dinosaurs" on Dromund Kaas), we'll make it a father-son / Sith-Apprentice hobby to make a few hilts :)

"Finally, we will reveal ourselves. Finally, we'll have revenge."

Yes, like you the game drew me back into collecting once again. I found an amazing amount of figures on amazon for a fair price. My favorite growing up was Bossk. I still have my Vader case with most of my 70s and 80s fig's in it, though they are very worn out. My prize of the two is my boba fett and bossk. I initially bought a new bossk from the 90s when they rereleased 4-6. I got him new for 90 cents. I also bought a vader, boba, han, hammerhead, several obi-wans (I thought Ewan was the only actor in the whole 1-3 series) and a few other pieces I can't recall. I had to slow myself down. I decided that I will get the entire bounty hunter set from empire and then decide on what i want from there. I lost several bidding wars on ebay that I don't want to talk about.

Currently, I am considering getting a Ewan McGregor autographed photo and maybe a Darth Maul. So no, you're not alone.

I started collecting everything...yes everything, that came out from 1994-95 release pre-hasbro and still kenner products. From there, I continued to purchase numerous items for several years until I started a business that was SW based. I then started to focus more on rare items that were not found in stores as well as Master Replicas products, Gentle Giant and 3D Collectibles. I have 2 full cabinets filled with statues and to scale replicas of several products. My figure collection has been downsized several times. This collection was so large at one point that I had an 3/4 of a storage unit the slightly larger then a 2 car garage filled.

I actually still have mint, in sealed cases of items as well. I have since closed down my business due to relocating and the clientele not being in this area. From there, I have stocked a comic store for several months on multiple occasions while still having a storage unit currently filled. lol

My replica and statue collection alone (in my cabinets) is valued over $10k. This does not include the additional items still in sealed cases. lol

I then have several, I mean several, authenticated autographs of which span from David Prowse, Kenny Baker, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford, to George Lucas and many from the Pre-quel Trilogy.

I actually plan on blowing out most of the figures that are left in a couple of weeks.