Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

I haven't played smuggler, or even gotten my agent past Act I, so I mostly hear things from other people. How embarrassing is it that I was in Early Access, yet I've never even gotten past Act II?

It's okay, I was too, and still haven't played an Agent past about 26. Too damn dry. Yet I have 2 Inquisitors (DPS sorc, tank assassin), 2 warriors (dps juggy and marauder), and a powertech tank at 50. Plus 3 more juggernauts coming along (1 on hold until the SGRAs are implemented).

I HATE trying to play the agent -_-

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't either, on any of my 10 characters, but I rerolled a lot and just kind of mosey along. :)

But really and truly, male Smuggler you can't turn around without another female NPC to flirt with. I can see how that'd be fun. I do. I'd like to have that option too.

Can you imagine a male smuggler with SG-flirts? Literally every conversation would have at least 1 [Flirt] option at any given moment.

That sounds amazing, in a way. I'd roll male Smuggler just to hear all the cheesy lines.

"Can I check your engines?"

General convention is slap them on the empty side of the wheel. Would be nice to have an [Action] side and a [Diplomacy] side, which shrink and expand appropriately as you mouse over them.

[Action] would be stuff like killing, punching, kissing, hugging etc.

[Diplomacy] would be... talking.

"Get in there, you big furry oaf! I don't care what you smell!"

o.O

I... um...

You know, I'm terrible at coming up with cheesy [Flirt] lines, but then I'm terrible at flirting in general, so it's hardly surprising.

I kind of want to write fake companion dialogue now.

Well, until they are willing to discuss all of this in an open manner, we'll never know, but my impression is that Hall Hood is happy to write same-gender content, and to talk about it when he is allowed to. He didn't distinguish gender-wise in his tweets, just said "romance is some of my favorite stuff to write" – and I think that's significant.

ew nasty!

Thanks for the early day laugh there. Do you mean, "ew nasty!" at SGRs or at bad Wookie jokes? Don't blame you on the bad Wookie jokes. Too early and before coffee for some. :p

Also, thanks for the bump!

Edited by natashina

I wanted to share this...stop me if it sounds familiar....

I put this in the SSR thread. I had to call out some of the posters in there for this.

Dev: "We're going to have Makeb, with all new questing and story content!"

Player: "Sweet! More story! Let's discuss possibilities!"

Meanwhile...

Dev: "Same gender romance is going to be in ToR, possibly coming with Makeb."

Possibly the same Player: "How can they waste the money/time for this story crap when the rest of the game needs fixing?"

Yeah, way to stay consistent. :confused:

Edited by natashina

That doesn't surprise me. It's because they don't find it important to include SGR.

We can only hope it comes with Makeb, and if not then we can riot and picket with little virtual signs. :D

One of the posters a couple of pages back talked about some novelty cake pans, red velvet cakes, and brushing up on doing flesh tones on icing so they could send a little gift to BW. It does sound tempting sometimes, but I am old enough to know better. :p

I lurk no more. Being gay myself and looking forward to SGR's in the game I thought this thread would be a good place to hang around. But the second someone posts anything that doesn't 100% agree with a certain few, they get shot down in flames. Not a very friendly environment. Time to leave this place and wait patiently for official news elsewhere.

I apologize if you feel that way. I know you've been a supporter of this for awhile. :(

If you don't mind, before you depart for good, is it okay if you tell me why you feel this way? I certainly don't want anyone to feel that way if my words help cause it. I won't give you a difficult time, promise.

As for myself, I am going to step away from the forums for a day or two. I've been passionate and outspoken about SGRs, but I don't want to alienate any supporters. In this case, I feel like I've added to the problem instead of helping it. And that was never ever my intent.

Sorry if I have. I'll be lurking around. If anyone needs quotes, links, ect to answer any questions some might have, please remember to check the FAQ. Always try to site your sources. :)

Edited by natashina

I lurk no more. Being gay myself and looking forward to SGR's in the game I thought this thread would be a good place to hang around. But the second someone posts anything that doesn't 100% agree with a certain few, they get shot down in flames. Not a very friendly environment. Time to leave this place and wait patiently for official news elsewhere.

I feel I must apologise, then. I know I shouldn't engage with people who are just trolling and in the past have tried to understand their positions only to be greeted with homophobic language and insults. In truth I shouldn't be engaged in this fight at all - it certainly isn't my place and I have no right to be in this thread. As I am likely one of the contributing members to the hostile environment when I attempt to reason with and then get dragged down to the level of trolls, I should stop posting.

I'm sorry for my actions.

Honestly I care less about SGRAs as time goes on. Sure I don't want to be forced to roll a dude to get love but I don't want to reroll just to get some romance or sit around not playing until SGRAs get implemented. IF they get implemented (I still think they're just telling us what we want to hear) and to top it off there's the question of is being able to marry my SG companion worth not being able to flirt with/boink the many and still quite straight NPCs I'll come across in my travels. :t_frown: Edited by ShardTosk

Do you perhaps have any examples (you can keep it vague and not mention names).

I personally don't see anything bad about correcting a poster who's just plain wrong, like those that suggest that the rating of the game would have to change if SGRA's were added. Their opinion should be 'shot down' as it's based on factually incorrect information (the ESRB doesn't discriminate sex in games based on sexuality).

I can see having in issue with the general tone of the thread (which can get pretty negative towards the situation sometimes) I'm just not sure what you mean by shooting down those that don't agree.

Edited by stuffystuffs

IF they get implemented (I still think they're just telling us what we want to hear) and to top it off there's the question of is being able to marry my SG companion worth not being able to flirt with/boink the many and still quite straight NPCs I'll come across in my travels. :t_frown:

Yeah - that is something BioWare has never spoken about at all, but it is also something a lot of people have said they do want. You might want to say so as well in the Same Gender [Flirt] Prompts thread in the Suggestion Box. I'd love to see that bumped. :)