Gods from the Machine Nightmare Progression Board

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know our rank can't be updated, but for posterity's sake I just wanted to post that <Origin> completed the timed run for GftM on 04/16/2019. We were able to get it done with our original kill roster, however we only had 4 achievements pop. Unfortunate as always

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/412276668

Edited by RussellRichter

Now that the top teams have completed Gods NiM.

We want to personally thank Bioware for sharing tactics privatley with the English speaking EU Elite, and not helping out Germongs.

Helping out the weaklings and feminists rats will only ruin this community after all, and BW understands this.

BTW if the germongs would stop breaking NDA and stop with weakling rat tutorials Matt might have helped you, and your NA superiors.

Looking forward for 6.0 tactics!

World 1st 100% Gods octuple click (big money)

Edited by ebikenebi

Now that the top teams have completed Gods NiM.

We want to personally thank Bioware for sharing tactics privatley with the English speaking EU Elite, and not helping out Germongs.

Helping out the weaklings and feminists rats will only ruin this community after all, and BW understands this.

BTW if the germongs would stop breaking NDA and stop with weakling rat tutorials Matt might have helped you, and your NA superiors.

Looking forward for 6.0 tactics!

World 1st 100% Gods octuple click (big money)

That's Nice

Edited by Maxitrac

ok world first timer with every exploit on izax

https://gyazo.com/5e36ab80d11fc419bf6a48f4f55506b0

Personally, I feel that there is a solid argument for allowing the German guild Better Now to get their spot on the leaderboard for Gods of the Machine Nightmare and have their Timed Run counted. Sure, us Darth Malgus players and the players from Satele Shan can meme all we want about them reflecting in Phase 2 to skip the DPS check or how they are clicking with 4-5 people during Phase 3 to skip the interrupt phase. However, a point that we all fail to notice is the fact that Better Now is playing on the German server where the population of players is already very low, for those unaware it has been on the decline for years. This limited population brings with it an issue with the recruitment of Nightmare level raiders, something that we have seen from several teams from lower population servers like Tulak Hord and Star Forge. Simply the guilds that are part of the Gods from the Machine Nightmare progression race and are based on these servers have a disadvantage as they have a much smaller pool of players to recruit from.

This is perhaps the most evident in the case of Better Now from the German server Tulak Hord, they recent killed Izax and now earlier today got their Timed Run! First of all, this is a massively impressive performance from the team, but the fine print of the kill has made it into a meme. Using multiple reflects to damage the anchors and skip the DPS check in Phase 2 along with having 6-7 people click the button to skip the interrupt/DPS check in Phase 3 were key components in them getting timed run, if those phases would have been executed the “normal” way, the timer would have expired.

As many of you of course understand, this has become a huge meme within the Nightmare raiding community but I would like to take the first step in defending the Germans and I think that many of you will see my point. As I previously alluded to in my post, the Germans are struggling with a dying server, a low population and few recruitable raiders. The majority of the damage dealers and healers in their group are players who are either new or inexperienced with Nightmare and still require a lot of time to reach the same level as the players in the other groups that participate in the Gods from the Machine Nightmare Progression. Keeping this in mind, I find that the Germans using the “German reflect” and multi-clicking during Phase 3 to be much easier to understand.

The majority of the damage dealers and healers in their group are players who are either new or inexperienced with Nightmare and still require a lot of time to reach the same level as the players in the other groups that participate in the Gods from the Machine Nightmare Progression.

I feel personally attacked Riku.

Personally, I feel that there is a solid argument for allowing the German...

lol Riku you and your small little world...

Anyway, the guild beat all bosses and got the achievement, case closed. Doesnt matter how, unless they exploited. There have always been different ways on how you kill bosses in the past. Its up to the teams creativity and capability. In the end the most important thing is if the achievo popped at the end of the fight.

The nonsense about TH is silly. There are many germans playing on DM, or even French server (swiss people). So what? I was in a proggresion guild on Progenitor, so what? Server transfer is 1k cc, you can join guild and transfer, no issues. People starting to take this stuff too serious.... just let them enjoy their triumpf.

lol Riku you and your small little world...

Anyway, the guild beat all bosses and got the achievement, case closed. Doesnt matter how, unless they exploited. There have always been different ways on how you kill bosses in the past. Its up to the teams creativity and capability. In the end the most important thing is if the achievo popped at the end of the fight.

The nonsense about TH is silly. There are many germans playing on DM, or even French server (swiss people). So what? I was in a proggresion guild on Progenitor, so what? Server transfer is 1k cc, you can join guild and transfer, no issues. People starting to take this stuff too serious.... just let them enjoy their triumpf.

thats a big HEH

srly? even i dont like "reflect" mechanics. Why should the use of this be a exploit?

you do realise though he's not talking about reflect, right? we're talking about something more dirty here PepeLaugh

Edited by chipequssmlgpro

Pretty much what has been already said; the major issue is abusing a bugged mechanic to skip an entire phase. Reflecting, whilst very broken currently, borders closer to utilising game mechanics through ability tagging and is not the primary reason here.

Btw just a suggestion, no flame pls. But maybe you could implement a system where time runs for teams who didn't meet the requirements (not enough first time getting it) could still be represented? Like perhaps just a different color like white or something to show they accomplished the time run but not with 5 unique people? I think any group able to get time run without exploits should be represented, it's still very impressive.

Just a thought, no flame pls.

Better now got their legit timedrun few hours ago. I honestly think different color wouldn't really look good. My suggestion is putting Origin on 6th place. I think they deserve it, considering Amethyst managed to get on leaderboard with 4 achievment pops (ye i know they cleared it with 5th person later).

Better now got their legit timedrun few hours ago. I honestly think different color wouldn't really look good. My suggestion is putting Origin on 6th place. I think they deserve it, considering Amethyst managed to get on leaderboard with 4 achievment pops (ye i know they cleared it with 5th person later).

I appreciate the heads up. I have spoken with one of their members and am just waiting on a vod or screenshot from them for their link on the board.

Regarding Origin, I will most likely put them up there at some point before I stop tracking progress. I was happy to put Amethyst up immediately since they had gone and done clears with their complete roster satisfying the criteria since their original kills. Thus if Origin does the same I'll put their timed run up there immediately, if not as I said they'll likely have it recorded eventually anyway. I do recognise that my goal of having a more accurate and meaningful board has meant stricter rules and I am happy compromising to an extent here and there to accomodate.

Hope that clears up the current state of affairs.

Edited by THAT_EPIC_GUY