Leveling as corruption?

Jaince

Hi

I've been Lightning specced so far (level 26 atm), but I'm considering switching to a Corruption spec, to have an easier time healing in flashpoints.

However, I'm somewhat worried that it will make leveling very hard.

Did anyone of you do it and how did it work?

I haven't tried anyone but Khem, the others are out being cool getting me materials :D

The added benefit I've found is that in that on our particular server, no one wants to heal, so I can get into any flashpoint I feel like doing.

It seems slower than a DPS spec, in terms of getting things done, but at the same time I don't ever feel in trouble. I have a friend who's a juggernaut and we duo the group4 quests regularly.

I've never done anything but heal in mmo's, so I'm biased, but healing is king.

Well i'm 26 now, and that's when the specs slowly start to show an effect.

So far what I've been using for DPS was all baseline skills that I will still have in corruption. I got some of them buffed a little bit but nothing really major.

However of course a 31 lightning spec will most likely kill stuff alot faster than a 31 corruption at level 50.

Unless you are tracking time spent on quests and time spent sitting waiting on a group and time taken to regroup after relying on an idiot who thinks heal spec alone makes the healer then lets you wipe ...

Do what you like.

I don't want a reluctant healer anymore than I want an ADHD DPS.

That said, I have no problem in leveling as corruption and have more issue with outleveling my storyline due to doing every planet and space quest (yet have only done each Flashpoint once).

Edited by NedrudRelyt

Unless you are tracking time spent on quests and time spent sitting waiting on a group and time taken to regroup after relying on an idiot who thinks heal spec alone makes the healer then lets you wipe ...

Do what you like.

I don't want a reluctant healer anymore than I want an ADHD DPS.

That said, I have no problem in leveling as corruption and have more issue with outleveling my storyline due to doing every planet and space quest (yet have only done each Flashpoint once).

This.

Corruption is as viable a solo spec as lightning or madness (unlike healers in some other mmo´s). This game is extremely forgiving while soloing, add to that a well equipped companion (always keep him top notch) and good heals and you can solo most heroic 2´s with your trusty cc´s.

Diverging a bit from the topic at hand and taking the hook that the above poster left :)

Anyone else finding that they are ridiculously over-leveled while progressing from planet to planet. I´m a completionist myself, so i always do every quest plus the daily space and pvp quests, which end up leaving me 3 to 4 levels above the recommended level for a givin planet.

This.

Corruption is as viable a solo spec as lightning or madness (unlike healers in some other mmo´s). This game is extremely forgiving while soloing, add to that a well equipped companion (always keep him top notch) and good heals and you can solo most heroic 2´s with your trusty cc´s.

Diverging a bit from the topic at hand and taking the hook that the above poster left :)

Anyone else finding that they are ridiculously over-leveled while progressing from planet to planet. I´m a completionist myself, so i always do every quest plus the daily space and pvp quests, which end up leaving me 3 to 4 levels above the recommended level for a givin planet.

This.

Started Balmorra at 20... Oops.

This.

Started Balmorra at 20... Oops.

Alderaan finished at 34 (part 1?), missions been green for three planets so far. But have been grouping with juggernaut most of time.

Also my opinion is also that you will not have any big issues leveling in any of the three trees. But you have big issues trying to heal flahspoints if your not corruption :p (when they start to have some challenge)

lvling as corruption atm, sure it takes slightly longer some times but you just don't die so no down time what so ever.

find a random champion mob? sweet free loot without really preparing or popping cooldowns.

just sent khem in pop a shield and a heal some doets and dmg on the mob and heal khem when nesecery, if it's a really high hp mob then keep a eye on you force reserve incase of spike dmg.

thanks to companion this is actually one of the only games were lvling as a healer isn't a mind numbing instance chain run but actually questing and stuff :)

I was able to get to the last boss in Act 1 at level 28 just by soloing with Khem as a Corruption spec. If anything I'd say it's the best solo spec.

I was easily taking on level 30 elites, and with some effort could take some 31 elites. I couldn't take the 32 elite boss at the end of Act 1 though, had to get some help.

I am actually enjoying the corruption spec. I am currently at level 22 and have only died a few times do to respawns or just not paying attention. Plus having the CC helps to as you can pull a huge group if needed and not worry about dying. I haven't tried the other two specs so I can say to much about them. But I can definatly say with Khem as a tank it is probably quickest I have leveled as a heal spec from all the games I have played. Plus you can probably solo a lot of things where someone may have to group up with another person. PS I noticed that if you CC a mob with whirlwind Khem will not break it (not sure if it is dependent on affection with him or not).