Inquisitor and Consular Class Changes in 6.1.1 - Feedback

DanielSteed

The Healers need a greater buff !

The new Force Cost and some changes at the mechanics need to be tested .

The Set-Bonus need to be changed :

Empowered Restorer : 4 piece - a hot after applied ? 6 piece - a heal after applied ? it can only be useful , if you apply the Static Barrier / Force Armor after a player gets damage

Revitalized Mystic : 4 piece - ok , need a test . 6 piece - only a 15% chance to get another tick ? you need many heals on 1 target , that this is useful

all i can read with these sets is , 1 set for group healing , 1 set for tank healing

Tacticals need to be tested .

More credit sink ...

Ok , i come to the "Healing Buffs" . All healing classes need to be buffed , Soldier , Smuggler and Sage!

Why? all round about with 306 Equip

At Level 70 you have 130 000 Life /// At Level 75 you have 260 000 Life

your Healing Abilties healing 10% Life /// your Healing Abilities healing 5% Life

the big Heal heals 11 000 Hp /// the big Heal heals 13000 Hp

you can see that on all Healing Classes , an max 30% increased Healing from Level 70 to 75

some Bugs in Fps and Ops do the rest to give up a healing Class at the moment !

Some Self-Heal-Abilities from some Classes do much more Heal .

I think a buff from 70-100 % on all Healing-Abilities on all classes is the right way ! Better nerf this later again , but this at the moment since 6.0 , is a big Joke for all Players , which are playing a Healer .

Sorry for all this and my bad english !

But these small changes are changing nothing !

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished a round of parsing myself. Can confirm the changes to Gathering Storm have a noticeable nerf and makes the rotation feel completely clunky and awkward. Several rotational blocks had GCDs of "well my PS isn't off CD for another 8 seconds and force speed is up but that means I'm 3 seconds behind and welp rip there goes that parse". BUT I did notice some weirdness with Force Speed and Polarity Shift - mainly that when I used FS it didn't seem like the proc to PS actually was showing up. But that could just be PTS weirdness.

I'm not happy.

Did some parses as well and not happy at all. It is not rebalancing, it is just a stupid nerf. If they want set bonus to less affect our dmg, that's okay, just compensate it enough by some buffs to basic abilities and utilities. What's done for now is just a spit to our faces. What's the problem Bioware? We at last become a decent dps since 3.0 and now, you returning us to the very bottom? Seriously? Why?

Hope these changes will not go to live and will be reworked.

I'm very concerned about the Death Knell changes/Assassin changes.

This is clearly targetted as a PvP balance change (is Assassin really oppressive? clearly you think it is), but the potential knock on effect for PvE is huge.

Assassin is definitely NOT top tier in PvE, and these changes have the potential to make it even worse. I'm not a big fan of trying to shift the death knell damage onto surging charge at all.

Edited by Kozuka

Assassin / Shadow

The Death Knell Set Bonus has changed:

4 piece: The cooldown of Recklessness / Force Potency is reduced by 15 seconds. Whenever you activate Recklessness / Force Potency you gain Reckless Critical, making your next Maul / Shadow Strike or Leeching Strike / Serenity Strike critically hit

So one crit Maul every 1+ minute? Really? And where's Assassinate? Did you forget about that ability?

Hatred / Serenity

Languishing Lashes / Atrophying Attacks now increases the damage of Leeching Strike / Serenity Strike by 20% against enemies with less than 30% health

Like this is gonna help the spec that has paper like armor, no DR on stun, 20k hit on Leeching Strike, 200 hp heals on DOTs, poor energy managment and spam Lacerate and pray to God that you've reached someone with it to spread your DoTs.

Severing Slash / Cleaving Cut now spreads Discharge / Force Breach and Creeping Terror / Sever Force periodic effects.

See, this would be a good idea, if Severing Slash range wasn't 5 meters and if it wouldn't cost so much Force.

Replace it with Death Field, increase it's range and radius and viola, you made one good change for Hatred spec.

This will never happen 'cause BW knows best...

Fulguration / Rebounding Force now correctly applies to the Two Time Trouble tactical

Sorcerer / Sage

• The Revitalized Mystic set bonus has been rebalanced:
    • 4 piece - Refreshing Resurgence / Rejuvenate on a target refunds 5 Force
    • 6 piece - Healing a target with another healing ability while your Resurgence / Rejuvenate is active on them has a 15% chance to cause your Resurgence / Rejuvenate to provide an additional, unscheduled tick of healing

removing the enervate bonus was entirely uncalled for

• The Gathering Storm set bonus has been rebalanced:
    • 6 piece - Using Force Speed now reduces the active cooldown of Polarity Shift / Mental Alacrity by 5 seconds (down from 10 seconds), and the duration of Polarity Shift / Mental Alacrity is now increased by 5 seconds (down from 10 seconds) and requires Polarity Shift / Mental Alacrity to be used while Force Speed is active

WHY !?

this is bassically death. you've cut out over 75% of everything this did, which frankly only barely put sorc in a viable state for any content. you halved the alacrity time, halved again the ability to trigger it, and made it harder to trigger in a useful sequence

Corruption / Seer

• [...]
  • Reduced the base Force cost of Revivification / Salvation by 15 (from 75 to 60) and the healing it deals by roughly 11%
  • Reduced the base Force cost of Roaming Mend / Wandering Mend by 20 (from 70 to 50) and the healing it deals by roughly 19%
  • [...]
  • Force Bending / Conveyance now makes Revivification / Salvation activate instantly and no longer reduces its Force cost
  • [...]
  • Force Surge / Resplendence no longer affects Revivification / Salvation

does no one compare these change to the TIME cost

Lightning / Telekinetics

• Reverberating Force / Reverberation critical hit chance bonus increased from 5% to 15%
  • Convulsing Currents / Magnifying Vibrations now grants a 10% damage increase to Crushing Darkness / Mind Crush while Polarity Shift / Mental Alacrity is active

this doesn't even come close to making up for the set bonus nerf, lightning is already high crit, this might as well be pissing in the ocean

Madness / Balance

• The Death Knell Set Bonus has changed:
    • 4 piece: The cooldown of Recklessness / Force Potency is reduced by 15 seconds. Whenever you activate Recklessness / Force Potency you gain Reckless Critical, making your next Maul / Shadow Strike or Leeching Strike / Serenity Strike critically hit

what was the point of nerfing this? You've reduced the activations to 1 and removed the ability to proc it with the skill that has the best procced up time. cause it's starting to feel like a case of screw the Sage / inquisitors..

oh wait I spoke too soon... Hatred got a totally unnecessary buff.

Deception / Infiltration

• Crackling Blasts / Deep Impact critical damage bonus increased from 5% to 20%
  • Dominating Slashes / Prevailing Strikes now increases the damage of Voltaic Slash and Reaping Strike by 20%
  • Surging Charge / Shadow Technique does an additional 30% damage

yes, great, let take away the only thing deception was good at, high infrequent burst, and replace it with not nearly equivalent sustain, that it can't make use of anyway since it doesn't have the defensiveness to back it up..... brilliant.

Let us know what your thoughts! Please tell us if you think certain changes make a class overpowered or underpowered.

If your goal was to make Lightning and Deception even less relevent than they previously were.... bravo...

TBH I don't do enough sorc healing to competently evaluate those changes, but the gutting of the current preferred set bounus, and the focuss on decreasing the relevance of some skills leaves a bad taste in my mouth... the new set bonus may be over doing it, but with vague descriptions, and no hard numbers, who's to know

Throughout the next week or so, a thread for Troopers/Bounty Hunters will be created with their respective changes too.

I am so not looking forward to this.

ETA:

oh and it seems that the logic of the "one for all", and "all for one" have been reveresedd.... no telling if this is a typo, or the designers messed them up.

Edited by Void_Singer

removing the enervate bonus was entirely uncalled for

does no one compare these change to the TIME cost

What does this even mean?

what was the point of nerfing this? You've reduced the activations to 1 and removed the ability to proc it with the skill that has the best procced up time. cause it's starting to feel like a case of screw the Sage / inquisitors..

This set bonus was completely overpowered, this is a completely warranted nerf.

yes, great, let take away the only thing deception was good at, high infrequent burst, and replace it with not nearly equivalent sustain, that it can't make use of anyway since it doesn't have the defensiveness to back it up..... brilliant.

You clearly haven't done any math on this whatsoever. The sustain buffs are HUGE. And the burst will still be there, just shifted to different abilities, like Ball Lightning and Discharge. Just no more stupid triple autocrit spam.

Edited by Equeliber

Hello everyone!

Hai :3

• Decreased the initial portion of Resurgence / Rejuvenate healing by roughly 37%, but increased the heal over time portion of Resurgence / Rejuvenate by roughly 67%

This is about a 33.4% over all buff (including the 10% from the new Secrets of the Dark Side), which puts Resurgence back about 26.9% above where it was for most of 5.0. Nice. I mean, we're not really a HoT class but still, it'll buff Renewal, and there's that 6 piece Mystic set bonus, so yeah, nice. I would've preferred to see some of this love distributed to other heals, even if that meant changing the 6-piece Mystic set into something else.

• The Empowered Restorer set bonus has been redesigned:

• 4 piece - Static Barrier / Force Armor leaves a heal over time on the target for 12 seconds after being applied
  • 6 piece - Static Barrier / Force Armor immediately heals the target when applied

So this looks tasty, will require some PTS play to see what the actual heal values are and if the 4 and 6 set actually stack - but if you know me, you know my addiction to bubbles, so you know I'm all for buffing bubbles. Only caveat is losing the innervate cooldown reduction... oh wait nvm that's going away anyway. RIP.

• The Revitalized Mystic set bonus has been rebalanced:

• 4 piece - Refreshing Resurgence / Rejuvenate on a target refunds 5 Force
  • 6 piece - Healing a target with another healing ability while your Resurgence / Rejuvenate is active on them has a 15% chance to cause your Resurgence / Rejuvenate to provide an additional, unscheduled tick of healing

Moment of silence for our lost Innervate CD reduction. The ~4% buff to Innervate's healing (yes it says we're getting a 6% buff but remember, we're losing the 3% to bonus healing from Life Surge, it comes out to about a 4.01% buff) that ~4% buff isn't going to make up for the fact that (if you cast Innervate on CD) we're losing ~16.7% of Innervate's HPS from the change to this set bonus. All in all, it comes out to a ~13.3% loss of HPS to Innervate. Again that percentage is only if you're casting it every time it's off CD, but even if you're not it's still a sizable nerf.

As mentioned by others previously, Force Management isn't really an issue currently, and hasn't been since... ever. It wasn't an issue when Consumption cost health, it wasn't an issue before Consumption got taken off the GCD, it certainly wasn't after lol (ptsd triggering), and it definitely hasn't been since you Consumption back on the GCD, and for some reason renamed it to "Consuming Darkness". It remains Consumption in my heart. You can't take it from me. So the 4 piece is beyond lack luster, compared to what it is currently, which is the Innervate CD reduction.

As far as the 6-piece goes, I have no idea what the current proc% is, so I can't crunch on numbers on this. I'm imagining that this is just sidestep, compared to a buff or a nerf. Yeah the ~34% buff to Resurgence means this probably has some increase in value, but compared to more healing from our bubbles? Iunno, will need testing.

• Dark Infusion / Deliverance healing increased by roughly 7%

So yeah about a 5% (4.99%) buff here (cause we're losing 3% bonus healing. can you tell that this fact bothers me yet?). I mean yay? It's not like this is the most used heal anyway. Couple times a fight, sure, for that tasty insta Dark Heal. But is this a "gonna fix the class" change? I don't think so. Still something is better than nothing.

• Innervate / Healing Trance healing increased by roughly 6%

As mentioned above this translates into a ~13% nerf because of the loss of set bonus and bonus healing

• Reduced the base Force cost of Revivification / Salvation by 15 (from 75 to 60) and the healing it deals by roughly 11%

This is honestly the reason why I'm making this whole post. I'm tired of seeing Revivification get it's butt kicked over and over. And I'm not talking about the dozenth time (this has happened at least 12 times you know it's true devs) it's cost has jumped from 60 to 75 or vice versa. Ever since Revivification became a HoT it's been treated like a red-headed step child, and I'm sick of it. It was once the ability that MADE sorc healers, sorc healers. This was once our identity, what made us who we are. No other healer could heal all 8 people at once. But we could. We alone held back the tide of death. And what is our legacy now? Just a shadow of it's former glory, drunk and washed up in the gutter of the street, begging for help. And how has it been thanked for it's service? Nerf after nerf, chew up, spat out, and booed off stage. It has endured long enough. No more, I say. This nerf, yet one more stain upon the ragged appearance of a once great heal, this needs to be a buff instead.

As also previously mentioned by others, our role as the Bendu, the one in the middle, has been seriously encroached upon. Our niche in this game has been almost completely erased by Mercs and Ops, use this opportunity to return this once integral heal to its former greatness and give us a reason to exist as a class. Give others a reason to want a sorc healer in the group. Help us.

• Reduced the base Force cost of Roaming Mend / Wandering Mend by 20 (from 70 to 50) and the healing it deals by roughly 19%

Again, force management isn't (and never has been) an issue. In reality this cost reduction is by 8 (from 53 to 45).

70 down to 63 with Electric Induction, down to 53 with Secrets of the Dark Side VS 50 down to 45 with Electric Induction. 8 force saved every 15 odd seconds.

And really, you're going to finally implement the one Tactical that was worth anything back on the 6.0 PTS, only after you reduce the healing of the Roaming Mend such that with 5 ticks, it'll do as much healing as it does now with 4? That's just low. That's 1 extra tick, for the same amount of overall healing (meaning it takes longer to get the full heal out). If it manages to heal the same person 3 times, yes it's a 21.5% increase in the healing that that ONE person would have received, but that's a big IF. Roaming Mend has large range, and people are constantly moving during a fight, who knows how often one person is going to be able to soak up 3 ticks?

This can be mitigated with some positional stuff, but that's adding an extra mechanic to fights that the other two healers don't require. We need help, and this is just giving up one thing (overall healing) for another (maybe, possibly, every now and again, a bump in single target burst).

We probably won't see as much over healing from this ability now, which will be nice, but is this a change that will get us back into raid? I think not. A 21.5% boost in a burst heal, that isn't 100% guaranteed to heal the person you need it to when you need it to, isn't going to be able compete with the kit that either of the other two healers currently possesses.

• Force Bending / Conveyance now reduces the activation time of Dark Infusion / Deliverance by 0.5 seconds (up from 0.25 seconds)

Ahh 4.0, it's been a while. Feels good honestly, the nostalgia factor alone is enough for a thumbs up on this one, even if it is such a small change on a heal that doesn't see much use anyway, that it's not going to impact our attractiveness as a healer to others in the slightest.

• Force Bending / Conveyance now makes Revivification / Salvation activate instantly and no longer reduces its Force cost

This looks fun, has the potential to be tasty. But we still gotta do something about the fact you're reducing it's healing AGAIN.

• Penetrating Darkness / Clairvoyance now increases the critical chance of Dark Heal / Benevolence by 10% (instead of increasing bonus healing by 3%)

You should already know my opinion about this. And if not, shame on you for not paying attention / just scrolling through an obnoxiously large wall of text that I wrote up cause I got nothing else better to do on a Friday morning.

Two words: This bad. The synergy with the new 50% buff from Dark Concentration is sweet. But lose 3% bonus healing, the value of which helps determine the value of ALL of our heals, good? Nuh uh. Again, we need help, that means giving us something without taking anything in return. Don't go crazy and make us so OP we get nerfed again, just for the love of whatever deity you pray to, bring us in line with the other classes.

• Force Surge / Resplendence no longer affects Revivification / Salvation

A welcome change, one that might take a small bit to get used to, but still this feels like all around good idea, so congrats. You made a step in the right direction. Everyone loved that.

• Dark Concentration / Altruism now also increases the healing dealt by Dark Heal / Benevolence by 50%, in addition to its other effects

See above ^.^

• Renewal healing increased by roughly 67%

Yeah this is a given whenever the HoT from Resurgence is touched.

• Secrets of the Dark Side / Erudite Mender has been redesigned and now increases the healing done by Resurgence / Rejuvenate and Renewal by 10% (instead of reducing the Force cost of Roaming Mend / Wandering Mend by 10)

With this, Resurgence is at it's most powerful probably since the dawn of it's creation. But is this really a world we wanna live in? One where we can be happy, excited almost, that *Resurgence* has decent HPS? Resurgence is another pillar, along with Revivification and Consumption, that makes us who we are. It adds that defining quality that makes a person go "ok that's how this class different from the others". That quality is Force Bending, not it's healing potential. I fear that all this focus on making Resurgence heal for more is taking away from our other heals. Resurgence has it's place, it always has and always will, regardless of how much it heals for. I'd rather see some oomph return to the rest of our kit than Resurgence being messed with anymore.

• Tactical Item: One for All has been redesigned - now gives Roaming Mend / Wandering Mend one extra healing charge
  • Tactical Item: All for One has been redesigned - now Revivification's / Salvation's pool concludes with a burst of dark / light Force energy, healing up to 8 allies within it

Admit it, this change primarily came about because you all couldn't figure out why All for One healed for more than One for All, no matter how many targets were present. Think last I saw was All for One healed for about 200 more on 8 targets than One for All? In any case, whatever the reason, I applaud the fact that 5-tick Roaming Mend has entered the match, even if you've removed one of it's legs before hand.

Now onto the new All for One. Instead of having Revivification conclude with a burst of healing, why not have it precede with a burst of healing? There's no way other than actively having the raid rush to wherever you've placed the darn thing to make it at all effective on a consistent basis. Yeah if you lay it down on top of all 8 people it'll burst right away, which will be cool, but how often does that scenario occur? Not often enough for this to be a game changer. Remember the whole reason Revivification became a HoT in the first place. Apparently asking a group of people to stay around a relatively small area is too difficult.

I, in no way, shape, or form condone the fact that Revivification is now a HoT. You might not have gotten everyone with every tick with the old version of the spell, but with a lil foresight, you could place Revivification down where it would be needed the most, have it be mostly effective, and those that did get healed, got *healed*. I mean really healed, not tickled with the promise of maybe giving you 8% of your health over 10 long 'oh wait one of the other healers already has the entire raid at full' excruciating seconds, but 'god said let there be life' kinda healed. But we live in a society where Revivification is a HoT.

So if we can't be asked to position our Revivification in a way that would benefit the raid most, or get our group of would-be adventurers to stay in one spot for 10 seconds to swim in a puddle of nummy purple goo, how are you going to expect us to then ask that same group "hey can you pay attention to where the I put my goop down and count to about 7 internally and then book it to said location for an additional heal"? Again, you're tacking on extra mechanics onto fights that the other healers do not require, and you're not helping us with the whole "notice me senpai, we can be brought to raids too" thing.

Having the burst of healing at the conclusion of the spell forces us into an uncomfortable situation where we have to choose between placing Revivification down where it's most needed right now, I.E. on top of where the most people are, or sacrificing the HoT to place it where the flow of combat is going to take people and hope you read the flow right and placed it where people can get hit with a heal, 10 seconds after they need it.

This tactical will be at it's most effective when you can burst it immediately, (maybe making it heal for more the less targets it heals? Durwin winks coyly at you.) which, outside of those rare moments when the whole group is stacked up, isn't going to happen. So instead of having the burst of healing at the end, put it at the time of activation. This makes it a glorified Kolto Missile, which isn't ideal for class identity, but at least we'll be getting something in exchange for choosing this Tact over 5-tick Roaming Mend.

Let us know what your thoughts! Please tell us if you think certain changes make a class overpowered or underpowered. Throughout the next week or so, a thread for Troopers/Bounty Hunters will be created with their respective changes too.

None of these current changes will bring Sorc on par with the other two classes. Yes, we're viable, because healing is about a whole heck of a lot more than numbers, it would sure be nice to be perceived as equal to the other two classes. All of my concerns come from the fact that this class has been my baby since this game launched in 2011, and I just want what's best for my kid, ya know?

TL;DR. Everything here is either a side step, swapping one thing for another of equal or lesser value, or just a flat out nerf.

Suggestions:

1. Take some of the love Resurgence has been getting and spread it to other heals.

2. Make Revivification Great Again. (Either by changing when the burst heal from the tactical occurs, or making it not a HoT. Or both. I am ok with both.

3. Don't give us a buff, that's marginally balanced out by what you nerf. If we were the class on top, this kind of action would suffice, but we're not, so for now just buff us. But remember, always buff responsibly. This class (any class really) can crash and burn due to over buffing and then over nerfing.

4. Don't give us set bonuses we don't need. I.E. The new 4-piece Mystic giving us force back. We don't need force. But a lower CD on Innervate is super nice. (This includes that new one y'all are releasing that requires us burning our life line to do some extra AoE healing. It all depends on how much this set heals for, but I can almost guarantee you the other two sets have far greater versatility, and thus will see far more use.)

Things I liked:

1. Quicker cast Dark Infusion.

2. Revivification having its insta proc'd by Force Bending instead of Force Surge.

3. Upfront healing on Bubbles.

4. Dark Heal buffs.

Hope this was as entertaining to read as it was to write :D

Finnaly they nerfed Death Knell!! Good Job Devs and Thank you!

Yeah maybe now we will see other classes except Sins in ranked. Lightning sorc nerf is also deserved since currently it is the strongest range class in ranked with having mediocre burst, great sustained and good defenses. Mercs and snipers just die in few seconds and cant do much at all.

Edited by bladech

Yeah maybe now we will see other classes except Sins in ranked. Lightning sorc nerf is also deserved since currently it is the strongest range class in ranked with having mediocre burst, great sustained and good defenses. Mercs and snipers just die in few seconds and cant do much at all.

Would just lovely if they stop nerfing classes who are dog**** in pve bc they are good in pvp, how about they finally split those 2 modes... Sin is already the worst dps class in pve and now they nerf it even more

Why are Sins mad?

Every class is viable in PvE, literally, even Focus/Rage. This isn’t ESO where top DPS is needed to place in leaderboards. Sin were horribly OP in Ranked/PvP. To the point where there was a 85% chance there was a Sin stack in every Ranked match.

You’ll be fine in PvE unless you’re aiming for some world record times, and even in that case the small percent that does do this already has multiple class for when the meta changes.

You’ll still be able to run MM, Vet, and Story mode OPs on your sins.

Stop complaining that you have to combine two brain cells together to play Shadow.

Edited by UltraFlashStar

Would just lovely if they stop nerfing classes who are dog**** in pve bc they are good in pvp, how about they finally split those 2 modes... Sin is already the worst dps class in pve and now they nerf it even more

I've been calling for separate stat foundations between PvE and PvP for years.

I might as well ask to have my level 95 warlock from EQ2 incorporated into SWTOR, it's about as likely to happen.

My main thought is honestly what is the reasoning you have for any of these changes, particularly the gathering storm change. Maybe if there’s some stat only available to BW that says there op damage I don’t understand why there being nerfed or at least nerfed that hard. Honestly is all makes very little sense to me why your doing any of the dps changes, I can’t say anything for healing bc I avoid doing that like the plague.

These changes were very needed. Good Job Devs!.

Death Knell nerf was just a matter of time, if you cannot see it then heh, but the ability buffs still makes deception viable for PVE since the nerf of the set was soley to balance out the stupidity it brought to PVP.

Sorc nerf was also just a matter of time, most of the people here actually complaining for the changes regarding pve dps, only do SM/HM where ur actual dps doesn't really matter anyway you still have ur pepega stacks for that. Including some people with 258 gear hero status in Nim who cannot do that anymore when it got balanced to what that is supposed to be.(Also a great change btw)

The only reason you are complaining over these well needed changes is mainly because you cannot perform with that class to its full potential(regarding PVE) & those that can do that understand the need for these changes & all these classes will still be able to perform quite well in any MM operation.

Hai :3

This is about a 33.4% over all buff (including the 10% from the new Secrets of the Dark Side), which puts Resurgence back about 26.9% above where it was for most of 5.0. Nice. I mean, we're not really a HoT class but still, it'll buff Renewal, and there's that 6 piece Mystic set bonus, so yeah, nice...

My applauds. :rak_03:

Dear developers, you make sorcerer-healer an unplayable class. Especially for nightmare ops.

Think again, you are reducing sorcerer maneuverability, which is necessary for survival. He doesn't have as many good defensive abilities as merc. Doesn't have a vanish as an operative. Now not will have maneuverability, because he will stand and cast a Dark Heal on CD. During casting he will be killed and very successfully. After all, the other healing abilities are now almost useless, which allowed him to be mobile and heal well. Remember, a non-maneuverable healer is a dead healer .

About sad nerfs Revivification and Innervate (please, keep lowering CD on this ability on Mystic set) already mentioned Dhurwin. Listen to his words.

p. s. my main healer-merc. But I love the mechanics of sorcerer as a class, and I want to see him again as a partner in nightmare ops and not a useless partner.

Pvp and pve balance must be separated yeah

these classes will still be able to perform quite well in any MM operation.

With 6.1.1, the sage/sorc healer has lost every last reason to be included as a healer in an op.

Long, slow HOTs and 1.5+ second activated heals don't cut it when trying to keep up a low-health tank who's getting totally hammered. You need to toss a lot of healing at him, fast.

With sage/sorc healing burstiness profoundly nerfed (37%), as well as their other heavily-relied on healing output reduced, 6.1.1 absolutely cements operatives, scoundrels, and the other non-force wielding healers as the must-have classes for operation heals.

7% increase to healing for Dark Infusion / Deliverance (activated, not instant)

6% increase to healing for Innervate / Healing trance (channeled, not instant)

Stats on my main sage healer copied to PTS: (remember, activated = DELAYED)

30% burst loss on Rejuvenate:

PTS = 8902 channeled, 4900 instant

Live = 7419 channeled, 6932 instant

Bye tank! Sorry you're out of DCDs and down to 2% health and still getting hit, but you're going down.

You won't live long enough for the channeled part of the heal to matter, and all my other heals are delayed via an activation. Hopefully the Scoundrel next to me can keep you up until I can fire off my next activated heal.

Benevolence (activated):

PTS = 12821

Live = 13040

Deliverance (activated):

PTS = 18621

Live = 17880

Salvation (group heal) (activated)

PTS = 11870

Live = 13601

Healing Trance (channeled, not instant):

PTS = 26997

Live = 25828

Force Mend (self heal) (instant)

PTS = 20664

Live = 21008

I can cast conveyance and cause salvation to cast instantly with 6.1.1, so after my less-than-stellar nerfed heal with the kneecapped instant component of rejuvenate, I can now waste a group heal when in a group of all ranged classes to cast an instant group heal on Mr. Meelee Tank over there fighting the mob to make up time, but then can't do anything until I wait for the cooldown on that. Great whack to the rotation, there.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Why ruin PVE experience in mostly PVE-oriented game just to indulge small ranked PVP community?

Or if that community is not so small, perhaps it is time to learn something good from other MMOs, where PVE ups and nerfs don't affect PVP and likewise? Of course it is a bit harder than just cut half of Sorcerers/Sages set bonus and give nothing in return.

In WoW it is done long ago and they can for example just add some coefficients to damage abilities in PVP if needed and keep PVE unaffected.

A couple of month being viable DPS after many years of being one of the worst and once again hello top 1 from bottom and reasonable questions like: "Why bring sorc/sage dps if you can take somebody much better?"

Edited by Darth_Mardus

Why ruin PVE experience in mostly PVE-oriented game just to indulge small ranked PVP community?

Perennial question.

Answer: one stat foundation for both. Until they split PvE stats and mechanics from PvP... this is what you get.

Fixing PvP breaks PvE. Fixing PvE breaks PvP.

One of the two will always experience at the least a zero-sum benefit, and as history shows, more likely a nerf when the other is adjusted.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Perennial question.

Answer: one stat foundation for both. Until they split PvE stats and mechanics from PvP... this is what you get.

Fixing PvP breaks PvE. Fixing PvE breaks PvP.

One of the two will always experience at the least a zero-sum benefit, and as history shows, more likely a nerf when the other is adjusted.

PVP is just disgusting in SWtoR, it is a weak side of the game. For example It is far from ideal in WoW, but mechanically much, much better.

The strong side of SWtoR is PVE and storytelling and that's why most of us love it. So, why sacrifice player experience in strong side of the game for player experience in weak side?

It is also well-known fact that PVP-ers never stop in their whining. There always will be a Lich King, ups, sorry, I meant OP class, which they will whine about. So it is just pointless to fix it and make much more people frustrated.

I mean Lightning was overperforming a little bit and as a Ling player of course it is upsetting to be nerfed but I can live with the changes as long as that proc to get extended polarity shift is designed around a 5sec window after hitting force speed instead of the very long 10sec it is currently. Having to hit it immediately during force speed is just too clunky and a poor design choice....like imagine having to entrench right after a roll on a sniper to get entrench set bonus or needing to rocket out on merc to get super charge. These set damage buffs have to be independent of repositioning abilities otherwise they are too restrictive.

Madness will still be luckluster though except in scaled content (because of that force yellow damage - so there it will be decent I guess and pull good numbers). In Pvp its DCDs are just too week for competitive play.

For PVP nothing changes with regards to Ling here fundamentally, yeah you have 5 sec less in a polarity shift window, but you still have more than enough time to get very good burst in in that window if PVP. Whether you do mega pressure in 20sec vs 25 sec is not a fundamentally big change with all the uncontrollable factors happening in an arena game. It's just a flat sustain nerf at this point for PvE.

With 6.1.1, the sage/sorc healer has lost every last reason to be included as a healer in an op.

Sorcs are behind the other two healing classes/specs even with these changes but that doesn't mean they are not viable for MM ops content it is only that the players are choosing to go with the others over sorc due to that.

Also sorcs have been in the spotlight for a long time, just stop whining so much it can still be used for every pve content out there & it is only in MM operations where the effect/differences will be noticed, but it is strong enough to handle it so in the end it is nothing but a personal choice.

Nothing will be perfectly balanced, it is always some class that will be a bit stronger than the other and vice verse in every single game, deal with that fact.

These changes were very needed. Good Job Devs!.

Death Knell nerf was just a matter of time, if you cannot see it then heh, but the ability buffs still makes deception viable for PVE since the nerf of the set was soley to balance out the stupidity it brought to PVP.

Sorc nerf was also just a matter of time, most of the people here actually complaining for the changes regarding pve dps, only do SM/HM where ur actual dps doesn't really matter anyway you still have ur pepega stacks for that. Including some people with 258 gear hero status in Nim who cannot do that anymore when it got balanced to what that is supposed to be.(Also a great change btw)

The only reason you are complaining over these well needed changes is mainly because you cannot perform with that class to its full potential(regarding PVE) & those that can do that understand the need for these changes & all these classes will still be able to perform quite well in any MM operation.

Since you seem to be very experienced pro nim raider, can you point me to a stream (perhaps in your channel) where a group with 2 sorc healers can do a Gatecrasher/Dread Master now? I tried to search but found none (on the other hand I did not spend hours searching for it, hence why I am asking, I am serious). If it is doable now, it will probably be possible to do it even after those... adjustments (I would not call them buffs) to sorc healing. If it is not doable, then the proposed changes are not enough, because all I can see is that they move around the healing output from one skill to the other, but there is no buff to either aoe healing (but we have a nerf here, yay?) or cast times for burst healing tank (1.2 sec cast is still too long) or force management (we can manage, but when we are "making force" we are doing no healing or dps, so we really feel very useful at that time).

Why am I asking about 2 sorc healer run? Our group has this composition, obviously, but more than that - both me and my co-healer want to play sorc healer. It is a Star Wars game, we want to play class with lightsabers, we do not like guns (could be also why many females play sorc healers and not the others - the aesthetic of the class is a major factor) and we will not switch to a gun class just because it is FoTM now. If it is objectively not possible to do those 2 achievements even with best of the best players, we will just not waste our and our raid group time trying to progress these and stick to something else (I hope EC/TfB/SnV is still 2 sorc healable?). If it is possible, I would like to see how it is done so we can try to do the same.

I will need to hop on PTS to try the changes for a longer time, but from our 2 sorc group perspective - The Empowered Restorer set buff is nice, but only half as much when you have 2 sorcs in a group, as we would compete about bubble healing, which will probably result in only one person wearing it and the other would need to either swallow the bitter pill of nerfed Revitalized Mystic set, or try Endless Offensive/Metaphysical Mender with the caveat that they cannot ever switch around tactical item.

Hello everyone!

Assassin / Shadow

• The Death Knell Set Bonus has changed:
    • 4 piece: The cooldown of Recklessness / Force Potency is reduced by 15 seconds. Whenever you activate Recklessness / Force Potency you gain Reckless Critical, making your next Maul / Shadow Strike or Leeching Strike / Serenity Strike critically hit

Hatred / Serenity

• Languishing Lashes / Atrophying Attacks now increases the damage of Leeching Strike / Serenity Strike by 20% against enemies with less than 30% health
  • Severing Slash / Cleaving Cut now spreads Discharge / Force Breach and Creeping Terror / Sever Force periodic effects.
  • Fulguration / Rebounding Force now correctly applies to the Two Time Trouble tactical

Deception / Infiltration

• Crackling Blasts / Deep Impact critical damage bonus increased from 5% to 20%
  • Dominating Slashes / Prevailing Strikes now increases the damage of Voltaic Slash and Reaping Strike by 20%
  • Surging Charge / Shadow Technique does an additional 30% damage

Dec. I guess this a nerf to burst but overall increase to sustain damage?

Dominating Slashes, it currently increases VS and Lacerate by 5%. I assume now it includes RS and is 20%? Is Lacerate out?

Severing Slash, I assume this is on top, and does not take place of Lacerate. Cuz Severing Slash cannot hit jack. It is a waste of GCD. The only time it is ever worth using is when you are running Dec. and May Cause Injury tactical, and only for the AOE discharge proc.

Overall for Hatred, I do not know why it keeps getting pushed more and more into sub 30% damage increase. It is a dot spec. Its roll is not burst. And sub 30% does not work in PvP well. Of course, it is still too the weakest melee spec in the game, defensively, by a large margin. Every single other melee spec can get somewhere between middle 20s to upper 30s armor (dec. gets 30 armor and constant 15% damage reduction on top, all the time). Hatred has the damage, but why would you consider it over annihilation, pyro, lethality or veng. The difference in damage is minuscule to be worth the significantly lower survivability (Hatred is not even the highest dps among melee dot). And this is just PvE..

Edited by Ottoattack