Level 25 Purple Crystals

Ohoni

Where are they? I went to the vendor on the station, but he only carried level 50 ones. That's all well and good if you're level 50, but if you aren't level 50 you can't equip those. I sort of feel like I shouldn't have to explain that but it seems to have completely slipped the developer's minds.

Where are they? I went to the vendor on the station, but he only carried level 50 ones. That's all well and good if you're level 50, but if you aren't level 50 you can't equip those. I sort of feel like I shouldn't have to explain that but it seems to have completely slipped the developer's minds.

Or it crossed their minds but they only wanted you to have the purple at 50

Purple's only rare in the films, and the films have little bearing on what happened 3000 years before they occur. EU from the same era, including Bioware's own KOTOR, has purple as easily accessible. It wasn't common, as the traditional Jedi roles had blue, green, and yellow for their starting crystals, and many run-of-the-mill Jedi may not see a need/desire to change up their colors... but it was seen often among Jedi and Sith/Dark Jedi nonetheless, and in any case player characters aren't 'run-of-the-mill' in terms of a game's story. They're exceptional heroes/villains.

Purple should be available at many levels, just like yellow & orange. Balances things out nicely, having all 3 primary colors (red, yellow, blue) and all 3 secondaries (green, orange, purple) as choices from early on in your Jedi/Sith careers. But really, orange & purple should be more like yellow: rare mats from Treasure Hunting, made with Artifice learned from the trainer. Save all the tertiary colors and more exotic like metallics, black-core, white for later levels (tho white would be nice to get mid-game)

having all 3 primary colors (red, yellow, blue) and all 3 secondaries (green, orange, purple)

Think you mean red, green, blue...

and yellow, magenta, cyan....

these are LIGHT sabers, afterall...

Touché.

Waitaminute... RGB, CMYK... computer/print colors! Next you'll suggest there also be black sab--oh, wait....

And aren't saber blades plasma? That's like a liquidy solid, like paint. So the standard color wheel primaries & secondaries are back! YEAH!

I really would like orange and purple to just be baseline rares like yellow. It'd be more fun (and profit) for Artificers as they level, and for Treasure Hunters, too (unless their missions keep coming back w/o any color crystals), and we'd see a lot more variety among the under-50 crowd when it comes to blade colors.

That'd be stupid, it's a color, there's no reason for a color to be level restricted.

No it isn't stupid. They want these crystals to be an achievement for those who work hard enough to get to level 50 and save up enough credits. They are advanced crystals that should only be open to level 50 players. There are a lot of things in games that are purely aesthetic that aren't open to all levels.

Purple, however, is a basic color. It's in the movies (and has only ever been rare in the movies), it's in EU all over the place, easily attainable in the KOTOR games. Teenage Jedi have purple sabers in Luke's order.

50-only colors should be more exotic than that. Even white should probably be available sooner, maybe around 30-ish (in ANH, the sabers were originally intended to be white--Luke's even still looked white most of the time until the '04 DVDs), but it's okay as a 50. Black-core crystals and the various other hues as level 50 are fine, too... but not purple. Red, green, purple, orange, yellow, blue... 6 basic colors, should be open for all. Gives a lot more variety and more fun while leveling. Cyan, magenta, and other KOTOR2-style colors like bronze, viridian, vermilion (and any others they think to include) can all be high-end colors. Purple belongs down with the basics.

I see what you did there. RGB are even the main colors of lightsaber.

Heck, they even have white, when you mix all of them.