How to make Jugg DPS viable in PVP ?

DavidAtkinson

You're talking about Team Ranked, where even PTs are good as dps. In solo ranked though it is much harder to pull off this kind of gameplay effectively, apart from a few top3 I haven't seen any skank (full dps gear) able to withstand a long focus in soloq. Team ranked is very different, it has its own rules, because peoples are playing it... in team, making some class way harder to kill due to effective coordination. :)

Powertech dps has been strong for a very long time because AP has incredible damage and carb is a thing :mad: stupid carb. That being said, meta sniper/mara comps usually nuke powertechs since they lost 30% stun dmg reduction. Solo ranked is a glorified lottery system rife with backfilling and q syncing and no one takes it seriously

Edited by SlimeyDoom

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powertech dps has been strong for a very long time because AP has incredible damage and carb is a thing :mad: stupid carb. That being said, meta sniper/mara comps usually nuke powertechs since they lost 30% stun dmg reduction. Solo ranked is a glorified lottery system rife with backfilling and q syncing and no one takes it seriously

Can't agree more with you here. :)

Although it is often possible to survive a mara/sniper comp as PT in team ranked, if your tank and healer are good enough you will be able to sustain the burst damage. Just hope that you'll have another dps good enough along with you to global one of the ennemies. PT is playing a lot like that recently, if you can't global one dps right at the start then you're often screwed.

What makes me sad with this game is the "rerolling FOTM factor" created from time to time.

I'm not gonna reroll another class just to stomp people more easily.

Fun thing is that a lot of the people playing FOTM (except Marauders) are there backpedaling and clicking, while using skills. This only hints me the huge skill gap between playing these classes and other ones, like DPS sins, juggs and Marauders.

I have a juggernaut as my main and I like playing it, but I have to admit that being a melee in this game has never been easy.

There's a lot of bad players that make my life less excruciating when playing pvp...but the tools for a good ranged class player are there: kiting, roots, snares, stuns, boosts, CC immunity, long range attacks, insta cast, self healing, Shields, deflecting perks...

...it's like Bioware wants you to pay for your sins by chosing to be melee.

Again: the amount of bad ppl playing makes your life a lil easier, but some situations, like one i've faced last night (2 snipers and 2 mercs) makes you regret being a melee in this game.

What makes me sad with this game is the "rerolling FOTM factor" created from time to time.

I'm not gonna reroll another class just to stomp people more easily.

Fun thing is that a lot of the people playing FOTM (except Marauders) are there backpedaling and clicking, while using skills. This only hints me the huge skill gap between playing these classes and other ones, like DPS sins, juggs and Marauders.

I have a juggernaut as my main and I like playing it, but I have to admit that being a melee in this game has never been easy.

There's a lot of bad players that make my life less excruciating when playing pvp...but the tools for a good ranged class player are there: kiting, roots, snares, stuns, boosts, CC immunity, long range attacks, insta cast, self healing, Shields, deflecting perks...

...it's like Bioware wants you to pay for your sins by chosing to be melee.

Again: the amount of bad ppl playing makes your life a lil easier, but some situations, like one i've faced last night (2 snipers and 2 mercs) makes you regret being a melee in this game.

Agreed