So, anyone not at work try the changes from PvP persspective?

Technohic

Anyone do the PvP missions? I hear they are 2 dailies that take 15 minutes and net you 200 comms.

Are people grouping up or just going solo? Just seems like 15 minutes is a pretty short time to run in and complete some objectives to bother forming 4 mans, but I guess it depends on how many 4 mans might be in there for the fun of it.

Edited by Technohic

ilum is just a great big cluster**** of ****

i dont even know *** is going on here now. in the contested area, some people are red, some are green, and some are blue, regardless of faction and with no rhyme or reason. and there is big black blocky crap everywhere.

i just ended up running around ganking imps because that's apparently what i am meant to do there. of course general chat was filling with complaints. i'd rather fight pubs but eh whatever blame bioware

i had to renew my sub today to try this out. i wish i had let it lapse. very disappointed that they really do not seem to have the slightest clue what makes for good open world pvp. this isnt it

Edited by Arlanon

Is there bolster in that area as well. Way I have heard it described, I'm wondering if I might be better served doing the missions on my under-geared assassin. lol More than likely, I probably would do it on each toon when I can, but at very least, I just want to get the legacy bind weapons and just screw around.

Is there bolster in that area as well. Way I have heard it described, I'm wondering if I might be better served doing the missions on my under-geared assassin. lol More than likely, I probably would do it on each toon when I can, but at very least, I just want to get the legacy bind weapons and just screw around.

Yeah I just want some legacy sabers.

Yeah I just want some legacy sabers.

Biggest opportunity to me is I can get these and move some mods to some 50s I have left dormant. My assassin has pretty much sat dormant outside of dailies since the RNG days ended and I had failed to prepare him prior to 50.

Edited by Technohic

What is the point of open world pvp anyway? Killing players doesn't net you comms or valour, why bother with it? You can just go to a near empty instance of Ilum and farm the pvp quests with next to no players to fight.

Ilum kills used to give you Valor (check my first sig pic).

I guess that was OP so they removed it

Biggest opportunity to me is I can get these and move some mods to some 50s I have left dormant. My assassin has pretty much sat dormant outside of dailies since the RNG days ended and I had failed to prepare him prior to 50.

Same, and looking forward to trying out the area. Timed 50 ding with an old GS to coincide with this event.

I had quit and uninstalled the game but got my gaming rig back from repairs (MB had crashed) a few days ago with swtor still installed so I decided to give it a go.

Conclusion:

Disclaimer: The PvP area (former Central) wasnt "stacked" with players when I arrived but I'd say that I had atleast one enemy group on my screen most of the time. Not sure how it will be when there are 15 4-man groups. Delivering orbs might be a problem.

I don't see the PvP missions working as quick dailies. Or make that, I cannot understand why someone who is interested in PvP would like to rush through them and ignore the PvP aspect. Now, I've come to really dislike the game but even in that position I'd have to say that it was a decent experience. The 4-man cap is great because it means that people won't simply spam "LFM for ops group" and then win through numbers. Another positive outcome is that there will be way less lag, I didnt expereince any today, when people arent traveling in packs of 24. Yes, it also means that there probably won't be as many grand battles but we have to accept it for what it is.

I found myself a group, noticed that they were all dps and told them I could spec heals (might aswell make the best out of the situation when you have the option and we did benefit from it. Many of the groups we encountered did not have a healer). We entered the PvP area and spent atleast 30 minutes, probably closer to an hour, there. I'd say that 95 % of the time was spent fighting other 4-man groups. We did gank two stray solo players (I'm sorry, it was a dick move) but other than that it was pretty much fair fights the entire time. People were for the most part also nice enough to not engage when other groups were fighting NPC'es.

Had I still enjoyed the game the way I used to, I could see myself spend quite some time in the new PvP zone. Way better than standing around on the fleet.

Complaints:

1. Had to wait in line for mobs in the PvE section of new Ilum (not Central)....and there werent even that many players in the area when I arrived. I can't express how much I hate having to find 15 items, from drops, when I have to wait for every enemy to respawn. It is not a fun experience. On top of this you're flagged and might have to fight real players when the NPC finally spawns. PvE shouldnt be about waiting in line.

2. Killing orb carrying players (this is a "PvP mission at Central) results in a minor explosion that cuts your HP in half and it's REALLY STUPID. Just....WHY? Is it a way of saying "that guy is PvE'ing, don't touch him"? I just don't get it. Someone said that it could be a way of protecting solo players but that makes no sense when you think about it because the explosion won't actually kill a group of 4 gankers before they've killed the solo player. Hence, more often than not it will simply ruin fair fights (orb carrier dies first --> explosion ---> kills 4 players ---> ends fight).

It was an ok patch IMO. The thing that possibly could ruin it would be the player base but as long as people are entering the PvP zone with some form of sportmanship, in groups and for the sake of PvP it's going to be a huge improvement to the game's former PvP state (non-existent)

Edited by MidichIorian

Thanks for that post. Might be the most detailed and fair I have seen so far about how things are actually playing out.

Agreed. Thank you for the great post MidichIorian. Fantastic summary and I'm sure all of us reading it appreciate the time you took to type it up.

It was done nicely. It can be a gankfest all day if you let it, but it encourages team work. I did it this morning, and after awhile the gankfest stopped. There is an objective in the area that multiple groups of 4 were trying to reach. After awhile, people started to wait patiently while others tried to achieve their objective and after that it went by fast. I started the whole quest chain around 9:45 am and completed all of it by 11am.

As far as PvP goes, you don't have to go in that area to get those quests. Just abandon them and do the other dailies if you are opposed to pvp. I was actually grouped with a healer who never does pvp and we did well. All in all tho, it was a fun experience. It was nice to face people outside of the arena.

I jumped into Ilum during my lunch break and had a total blast. No lag in the FFA area which is where I spent my entire time. Just roamed around with a group of guildies killing Pubs on sight. Had several 1v1s, three of which were good fights. Even finished two of the Gree quests.

This new Ilum is going to be a fun place to hang out while waiting for WZ pops. Can't wait to hit the zone up for more action tonight.

I doubt the PvP will last long. The event ends in 2 weeks and for those on a PvP server, we could already do this on any planet. Just most people are in the new area to check it out. As people get their Leg. Weapons you'll see less and less people there. Without proper rewards people will go back to doing WZ. And Ilum will once again be the dead planet.

I doubt the PvP will last long. The event ends in 2 weeks and for those on a PvP server, we could already do this on any planet. Just most people are in the new area to check it out. As people get their Leg. Weapons you'll see less and less people there. Without proper rewards people will go back to doing WZ. And Ilum will once again be the dead planet.

bioware did a proper good job with the grind for these stupid weapons tho.

it takes 24 gree helix comms and Champion level rep w/ the gree. have fun with that grind

and it looks like you can get 1 gree helix thing a day, plus 2 from a one-time-only quest. unless im missing something, which i seriously hope i am. 22 days to get 1 of these weapons, sheesh

Edited by cashogy_reborn

well the only difference i can say from doing black hole dailies/belsavius and ilum is the scenery. Theres hardly any pvp going on its nothing but hardcore pve'rs crying thier getting ganked. Theres enough pve to get you 10 lvls lol if you were leveling.

If you want pvp were stuck with the same garbage warzones that even now a year later you still cant choose the warzone you want.

Once again poor development takes a lead sigh

bioware did a proper good job with the grind for these stupid weapons tho.

it takes 24 gree helix comms and Champion level rep w/ the gree. have fun with that grind

and it looks like you can get 1 gree helix thing a day, plus 2 from a one-time-only quest. unless im missing something, which i seriously hope i am. 22 days to get 1 of these weapons, sheesh

Seriously though. When I found out you could finally get a legacy saber I am like "finally"...then I noticed ill have to do this every single day, and to top it off there is like a truce going on which is total bull. You should not see imps and pubs waiting to charge the pylon...its old Ilum all over again.

*** bioware.

anyone else not able to do quests when theyre grouped here?

the moment i enter a group (not an ops) my mission objectives disappear and i cant figure out why, even the heroic mission disappears off my map.... this definitely isnt the place u wanna run around solo either

Seriously though. When I found out you could finally get a legacy saber I am like "finally"...then I noticed ill have to do this every single day, and to top it off there is like a truce going on which is total bull. You should not see imps and pubs waiting to charge the pylon...its old Ilum all over again.

*** bioware.

that took long :rolleyes:

i got yelled at for attacking other imperials in the group FFA zone too. idk about anyone else, but red=dead doesnt it?

I havent looked in to this but someone claimed that the gadget(s)/currency needed for the legacy weapons is legacy bound so that you can gather them/it on different chars.

negative ghost rider. however, it looks like you can also loot the helix comms from the World Boss on the Gray Secant, Xenoanalyst II. from what i can tell its an easy enough fight. not sure on the lockout timer tho so idk how often you can do it.

but that is 3 ways to get these tokens, not to mention you need Champion level rep w/ the gree. and seeing as you are capped to ~10k rep gain a week, thats guaranteeing at least 2 weeks (its 15,000 total rep to complete Friend, 2 ranks below Champion)

why bioware, why

Edited by cashogy_reborn

So wait? You can only get one of the things a day and need 24?!? So 22 days plus the 2 one time deals? But this event only lasts 14 days.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

The "Relics of the Gree" Event will last for two weeks and will return in the future!

Somethings not adding up. Did you count the northern end?

Even if you get 2 a day, I'm afraid it won't be enough for me. Couldn't get on last night due to it being my 14th year anniversary with my fiance, I'm sure this weekend will give us more time for that outside what you can do on a week night and then next week I will be on a business trip. I can probably get on from the hotel but using that connection and my work laptop just isn't that great of a situation.

Holding judgment still, but it just sounds like somehow they manage to fail even when someone is trying to look at the positive side of things on a regular basis.