standing jump forward problem

DANgerGuyTOR

Before the patch I could hit the jump and then move forward keys to jump up to crates, pipes, etc. Now I have to move forward and then jump. Is there a setting somewhere I need to re-save or is this a bug introduced in this patch?

Thanks

Advancing a bit after having jump, was useful, especially when next to a wall/object since we can't "climb" them.

But is was also illogic. I've never heard of someone moving back or forth when jumping. The moving impulse has to be done before the jump.

So maybe they tried to correct the game physics, and it ended unallowing this.

They 'REMOVED THE BUG' of the standing spacebar w jump as well as the jump+forward...

you know how HARD those freeking datacrons are going to be to get W/O the spacebar w standing jump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm actually SUPER pissed about this!

My husband has already quit - and now I'm not far behind him!

Apparently the last patch broke the spacebar W standing jump that most people use to get the datacrons.

You can't even get the 'same distance' from a running jump, but if you stand still you dont move forward till you come DOWN, and spacebar W does NOTHING.

I'm actually super PISSED off! I cant imaging doing any platform jumps and some of them you CANT get a running jump at it, or you'll overshoot it big time - like I just did on tatooine... I've not failed at that in a LONG time.

No walk spacebar W for the short jumps from pipe to pipe - no sprint spacebar W for the big ones... only a RUNNING jump!

ZOMG - holy freeking BATMAN! WHY would you break this????

And I looked in the known issues thread - there is only mention of the hunched holding weapon animation, even when you're weapon is stowed, but nothing about the spacebar w platform jump we need to get those bloody datacrons.

Edited by Thaiyanen

• Dev Post

Hello folks,

This issue is related to the fact that animation while jumping is currently acting as though you have a weapon drawn. It causes you to jump forward less than intended in addition to looking funny. I've updated the Known Issue to reflect this. :)

Edited by AmberGreen

Please don't fix this. I love this "new" jump so much. While I'm guarding turret/pylon/door on WZ with my assassin. This is only 1 thing what do no me got boring:rolleyes:

Thx!

P.S. sorry for my English.

It's not JUST the goofy animation.

The spacebar+w(forward) jump is the STAPLE of datacron gathering. The standing jump - you smack the spacebar then the w in quick succession and you make a tidy predictable HOP, very similar to what you see in the movies even - a force leap =) If you take off sprint you'll make a DIFFERENT stable predictable HOP with less travel and more height, again very necessary for getting datacrons.

if you have to *move* THEN *hop* in many cases you will just lose your footing and fall off... at the worst you'll hop right OVER your target.

The way it is now - you have to make a RUNNING jump or you dont jump till you come back DOWN.

hateful hateful hateful messed up UGH i dont have the words... it's not as if you didn't already make them a HUGE time sink - now we have to deal with MORE falling from crappy jumps.

I fell 6 times getting the datacron on tatooine in the Empire's spaceport... I haven't done THAT badly in 3 or 4 characters... crimanitly!

please don't fix this. I love this "new" jump so much. While i'm guarding turret/pylon/door on wz with my assassin. This is only 1 thing what do no me got boring:rolleyes:

Thx!

P.s. Sorry for my english.

Fell TWICE performing a SIMPLE jump on taris - and since it's high you return to med-center.

Pulling my hair out - HATE THIS FREEKING JUMP BUG!!!!

<edit>

Make that 6 falls

Edited by Thaiyanen
ugh

The pirate den datacron I had to go back to start 8 times for having a less than usual jump distance.

I also ran OVER my jump even though I took my finger off W the moment I jumped. Server-sync? I dont know, I just know I'm getting more and more annoyed.

I would probably hold off on the datacrons that require precise jumping until this bug is fixed..

We know they know about it and it is being addressed.. Now all we have to do is wait for a patch that fixes it.. Hopefully that will be soon.. :)

• 1 month later...

so please replace all jumping puzzle based datacrons with something else? you know, there *are* alternatives.

or add ability to levitate.

and try to complete the jumping puzzle for yellow matrix on nar shaddaa yourselves. especially those 2 pipes.

edit: well, using a mount compensates somehow... could be used as workaround.

Edited by elstaar