BioWare's master plan

Sarfux

I believe, as some other do also, that BioWare made this mmo to get more people into The Old Republic era. So they know the lore, some of the history and also some of people that were in it. So you say to yourself, "then why did they start it 300 hundred years after Knights of the Old Republic and the slaughter of Taris and all that?"

This is the greatest marketing strategy ever if they are really doing this. They are going to make another kotor. I know they have said before this is kotor 3,4,5,6,7 and all that jazz, but cmon..some of the things they say just aren't true over the years about this game.

Now, LucasArts is developing a new open world rpg based on an existing IP and they have signed a deal last year to use epic games "unreal engine 3" to make it and since people have been hating LucasArts for some time now, this is the perfect time to make a Kotor 3.

The story can be right after kotor 2 and before kotor 3. Because EVERYONE now that has played SWTOR wants to know what happened in that 300 hundred years since kotor. They want to know how things happened the way they started in kotor 3. I believe that they are setting up a magnificent kotor 3 with lucas arts with the new open world rpg they are developing and it could be called something with a real catchy title. In it, whatever timeframe it would be, it would tell of all the things that happened previous to the sacking of Coruscant and destruction of the Jedi Temple. It could be a way to get more players to buy the game to!

That's what I belive they are setting up. The perfect time to do it. Everyone would like to know the story from The Sith Lords and on. 300 year time span is too much to let things out bioware. It is a perfect golden opportunity to make a kotor 3 before the timeframe of SWTOR. It could lead people back and forth to each game and you could make more people happy. That's what you guys say you want anyway.

Anywho..that's what I believe.

Well the first Kotor game revolved around revan, and the next game was based on the exile Meetra Surik, and a book has already been released that finishes the story of kotor and each of these characters, aswell as most of the companions so just go and buy the book.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-The-Republic-Revan/dp/0857689002/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332558105&sr=8-1

Revan novel, you'll get what you want from that book.

Well the first Kotor game revolved around revan, and the next game was based on the exile Meetra Surik, and a book has already been released that finishes the story of kotor and each of these characters, aswell as most of the companions so just go and buy the book.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-The-Republic-Revan/dp/0857689002/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332558105&sr=8-1

books suck :/

sorry :(

If they're using the Unreal engine, that makes me wonder if LucasArts finally picked a new studio for Battlefront III, but adding more RPG-like elements (perhaps expanding on the rather limited customization options that you see in the PSP Renegade Squadron).

I really, really hope that's the case. I got extremely excited by the BF3 screen shots that were leaked a couple of years ago... right before Pandemic Studio's demise.

Time will tell I suppose.

Edited by bmhale

i listened to this audio book, it was so awesome i cried at the end and im a real life tough guy

This thread is rediculous, Lucas arts does not own exclusive rights to kotor games, they share the IP with bioware, thus in order to make a new game they need to collaboorate with bio, something which the new president has declared impossible, here is proof:

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/lucasarts-cancels-force-unleashed-3/

As such all games that were done in collaboration with other studios' will be discontinued, for now, as the studio heads would have to be crack to sign away there rights. And LA won't make another game with another studio.

So in conclusion we will have crappy LA games until there losses make them clean house and get competent management who can green-light out of house production.