This is why PvP needs min expertise.

WaldoA

Yea it does :) We booted an afk last night.

Yeah, but that's the problem; it only works for AFK'ers. As soon as they move or take an action it cancels the kick.

Perhaps if they added a feature to kick someone under x amount of expertise, regardless of their movement, that may help out a bit for these type of instances.

Edited by Ridickilis

Yeah, but that's the problem; it only works for AFK'ers. As soon as they move or take an action it cancels the kick.

Perhaps if they added a feature to kick someone under x amount of expertise, regardless of their movement, that may help out a bit for these type of instances.

Oh, I dunno. Someone pointed out the guy was afk and asked everyone to select vote kick, and within 5 seconds he was gone.

I agree with everyone else; you should have removed the person's name.

Anyway, this is why you have the leave warzone function and another good reason not to have any lockout timer debuff. That's what you should have done rather than naming and shaming on the forums.

shaming/honoring are the only effective ways to influence behavior that no law is capable of legislating. and I hate to break it to you, but MMO communities are very much shame culture (i.e., motivated by gaining honor and avoiding shame). there are, now, numerous texts on the subject.

and why should he hide the person's name? he's not making anything up. this person did that. here's the proof. this isn't character assassination. it's fact. this guy came into this WZ wearing this. good to know. draw your own conclusions. if the OP were that person and someone else showed his name on the forum, good to know.

Edited by foxmob

Is it possible this is one of those people who grinded to 50 using the Ilum EXP gain for the Gree Event? Looks to me that a lower level just used the group method to grind to 50 (with the Ilum bolster), now being an under-geared and inexperienced 50. Just a thought. Edited by Kestalas

Is it possible this is one of those people who grinded to 50 using the Ilum EXP gain for the Gree Event? Looks to me that a lower level just used the group method to grind to 50 (with the Ilum bolster), now being an under-geared and inexperienced 50. Just a thought.

No. They had 61 Valor.

Because you don't get 61 valor and social IV in that gear. Plus the fact that the things he/she was saying was made it so blatantly obvious that it wasn't even funny.

Like I've already said, what difference does me not removing anyone elses names? Their's 0 negative effect that it can have on them, as this thread is basically about someone trolling, I'm almost certain half of you are jumping on the bandwagon trying to get a rise out of me -or anyone else for that matter- which is making me cringe.

EDIT: Yep, this is PvP forums, most likely.

If you aren't gonna show your name then don't show anyone else's. Technically this kind of call out is against the rules but beyond that it just makes you an idiotic hypocrit.

Who cares about the names I don't the op was right in highlighting this and everyone jumped him for something other than the topic at hand but tis the net

Why cause someone trolled him in a warzone?

Or is he taking a brave stance against going into warzones with less than 6k health? Cause he gets no argument from me there. He (the OP) is just a cowardly hypocrit is all.

If you aren't gonna show your name then don't show anyone else's. Technically this kind of call out is against the rules but beyond that it just makes you an idiotic hypocrit.

Why cause someone trolled him in a warzone?

Or is he taking a brave stance against going into warzones with less than 6k health? Cause he gets no argument from me there. He (the OP) is just a cowardly hypocrit is all.

You honestly have absolutely no idea what you're talking about..

I said he's a troll, going into a warzone with the intentions of getting a rise out of other people, in what universe does that make me a hypocrit?:rak_02:

And why should I have to listen to what YOU tell me to? I chose not to show my name, why would I care for anyone elses? Please enlighten me on the difference between me hiding someones name and not hiding it? what's going to happen now that I haven't hid theres? hmm?..

Edited by WaldoA

Their should be a min expertise in war zones period IMO

There will be: 2.0 level 55 bolster. Last I saw it was buggy but I expect it will improved, not pulled from 2.0.

The intent of the 2.0 level 55 bolster seems to be to raise the worst geared player (e.g. naked except for mainhand and offhand) to the equivalent of recruit gear stats.

You honestly have absolutely no idea what you're talking about..

I said he's a troll, going into a warzone with the intentions of getting a rise out of other people, in what universe does that make me a hypocrit?:rak_02:

And why should I have to listen to what YOU tell me to? I chose not to show my name, why would I care for anyone elses? Please enlighten me on the difference between me hiding someones name and not hiding it? what's going to happen now that I haven't hid theres? hmm?..

You're a hypocrite because you black out your own name to protect your own privacy, but then don't show anyone else on your team the same courtesy. Whatever the difference between showing or not showing your name which convinced you to hide yours is exactly the difference between hiding or not hiding anyone elses.

Couldn't tell you what's gonna happen. That's on the forum moderators. Still makes you an inconsiderate selfish jerk.

Which comes to think of it, since you're calling someone out for the same basic thing in a warzone, ALSO makes you a hypocrite.

This isn't difficult.

You're a hypocrite because you black out your own name to protect your own privacy, but then don't show anyone else on your team the same courtesy. Whatever the difference between showing or not showing your name which convinced you to hide yours is exactly the difference between hiding or not hiding anyone elses.

Couldn't tell you what's gonna happen. That's on the forum moderators. Still makes you an inconsiderate selfish jerk.

Which comes to think of it, since you're calling someone out for the same basic thing in a warzone, ALSO makes you a hypocrite.

This isn't difficult.

Um, no.

like I already said, please explain to me what could possibly happen to the people that I haven't blocked out?

Oh, and as for being an inconsiderate selfish jerk, YOU are also being a hypocrite. This thread was created with the soul purpose of showing why this game needs minimum expertise numbers for PvP, and you've come on purely to try start an argument. You probably don't even play PvP, do you?

I have no intentions of modifying the image any further than I already have, and quite frankly I'm tired of reading your posts as it's pretty clear you're only posting to incite a flame war.

I disagree with this. Showing up in a 50 wz with 5k HP is disrespectful, and you deserve to be called out for that

its against the new forum rules to call out folks by name. you should seriously change to black out the other names or they could close thread and give you a infraction.

@Waldo Honestly it probably matters very little in the long run that you didn't edit out his name. Most of us have no idea who he/they are anyway.

I think more to the point, if you wanted to start a thread about min expertise with an example and blocked out their name, people would take it more seriously and constructive. As it stands, it could be misconstrued as you not really wanting to have a constructive discussion about pve gear/trolls in a pvp WZ but rather just wanted to call someone else out publicly.

Now I didn't respond to Foxmob when he replied to me saying naming and shaming is an mmo staple, and should be encouraged, because I'm fairly new to the mmo scene (well 1.5 years in this game, not really new but still). So perhaps he's right, I don't know for sure but my above paragraph was my first reaction to this thread.

Edited by Ridickilis

its against the new forum rules to call out folks by name. you should seriously change to black out the other names or they could close thread and give you a infraction.

Only rule I can find remotely similar is to not "be abusive to other members"

P.S. I'm not being rude to you even though it does look like it, just don't know what else to add to comment :csw_yoda:

Only rule I can find remotely similar is to not "be abusive to other members"

P.S. I'm not being rude to you even though it does look like it, just don't know what else to add to comment :csw_yoda:

FYI and honestly pointing this to help you not to be mean or say I disagree cause I agreed with you 100%

•Callouts of any kind are strictly not permitted. This includes calling out specific players and guilds. To get one step further, even posts that appear to have good intent ("List of known ninja looters!") are still in violation of this rule and are not permitted. We want everyone to feel that the forums are a safe place for them and this type of post only serves to harass other players.

its under located here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=608736

FYI and honestly pointing this to help you not to be mean or say I disagree cause I agreed with you 100%

•Callouts of any kind are strictly not permitted. This includes calling out specific players and guilds. To get one step further, even posts that appear to have good intent ("List of known ninja looters!") are still in violation of this rule and are not permitted. We want everyone to feel that the forums are a safe place for them and this type of post only serves to harass other players.

its under located here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=608736

I see. Thanks.