Kil's art thread --- Reloaded ^^

Spartanash

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it dead in here? :jawa_redface:

/confused

I see it says you're currently closed for requests, but you didn't mention that in any recent posts. I'd like to make a request if you're open, but if not, I can wait. I'm not going anywhere. Might even end up going for a commission..who knows.

Love the art!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there :)

Sorry guys for the LONG silence... got tangled up in some IRL stuff and I wasnt able to draw a line -_-" I need to step on it to get in scedule again, I'm way behind compared to myself xD

Anyways:

@StarryCiel -- Well, since I will do commissions first, the request board is on a waiting line ^^; If it still fine with you, feel free to add in a request :) As you could see there is a nice difference both in composition and actual complexity of the request vs. commission pieces ;)

@Godincarnate -- As said, sadly i havent drawn an inch, yet alone anything else... :/ Working on it ;)

@Natharious -- Thanks a lot mate :D

I try to wrap up the Jedi drawing in te weekend ^^

Hopefully I'll get a feedback on my next work after it. If not I make some quick works =)

Edited by Spartanash

You don't get sued for using or recreating copyrighted material? - And selling it?

edit: syntax

If that would be the case, then there would be no fan-art whatsoever... -.-"

All the artists around the globe would be sued 24/7 for using materials from games, films, ect. Besides, this is not a carbon copy of an existing character, but a modified version to a costum character created in game.

If what you said would be true, then most of the artists would be drawing random flowers xD

Besides, its not that they lose anything. The opposit. A good artwork is as good as an advertisement. Most companies know this and encourage artists to do fanarts :p

Oh my!

Only saw the first picture and immediately wanted one like that for my own character...

But im still a bit fuzzy on how i go about all this...

1: do you do character concepts on request?

2: if you do, could you do one from a couple of in-game screenshots or would you prefer a description and work from that?

3: do you want recompensation of some sort or do you do this for free?

4: do you only do the ones that catches your fancy or do you do all requests (within reason)

Because i would love one of these as a wallpaper for my desktop of my bountyhunter Chakra :D

Edited by OddballEasyEight

If that would be the case, then there would be no fan-art whatsoever... -.-"

All the artists around the globe would be sued 24/7 for using materials from games, films, ect. Besides, this is not a carbon copy of an existing character, but a modified version to a costum character created in game.

If what you said would be true, then most of the artists would be drawing random flowers xD

Besides, its not that they lose anything. The opposit. A good artwork is as good as an advertisement. Most companies know this and encourage artists to do fanarts :p

The reason I ask is because when I was just outta' college, using anyone's art, even for 'extra-promotional-type-inspiration' was an offense that would get you sued, basically. Hence my question.

Edit: I'm sorry, it's just been my experience to observe artists being sued for selling others' art and ideas. I've seen major companies go after young artists, before. This forum is fascinating to me, however. Just knowing someone can do this kind of thing and get paid for it without punishment or litigation of any kind is - really a wonder. I'm an artist, too. :D But I don't draw flowers, really. I draw people.

Edited by Zeruhn

Hey guys :)

I'll upload the finished commission tomorrow most likely ^^

Until then, hope you guys doing well ;)

EDIT: modified first post with the correct commission list so far ^^ Re-checking request board tomorrow in case I missed somebody :)

@OddballEasyEight

1: do you do character concepts on request?

Yes I still do char concepts
:)
As you could see in the first post ^^ Nice list T_T God I need to step on it XD XD

2: if you do, could you do one from a couple of in-game screenshots or would you prefer a description and work from that?

I can work with good screenshot material
The commission I'm doing atm, Ryger is done the same way. I got a couple of in-game screens + a nice description on the character ^^ I can work from description only too, but any pic reference helps a lot
So the end product is usually closer to the requester's imagination ^^

3: do you want recompensation of some sort or do you do this for free?

Depends on what you'd like to do. If you check the difference between request art and commission art, yu can see a huge boost in quality with the commission piece compared to the request. Also, commissions take priority, meaning, request art will be done on downtime/inbetween commissions, as I have time ^^

Ofc, I'd prefer the commission, but its entirely up to you

4: do you only do the ones that catches your fancy or do you do all requests (within reason)

So far I've done all the requests. It would be a bit egocentrical to pick the only ones I prefer. To be honest, sometimes I ended up having fun with some of the requets that I originally thought it would not be anything interesting ^^ Basically, its up to my imagination to make something more appealing
;)
Thats my job anyway
:D

Hope that answered your questions ^^

If you have any more let me know :) I dont bite xD

@Zeruhn -- Hehhe, np mate ^^

Actually I'd be in trouble if I steal somebody's stuff and post it as my own. But as most artists, I HATE art-theft -.-" from the core of my being. I think what I do is not stealing. I make an artwork, putting in a lot hours into make one. Its a fan-art, despite the characters/equipment itself belongs to Bioware/Lucasarts. If it would be an issue to draw their characters, then only the official artists would be able to draw them ^^; Which would be a pity + it would be BORING xD Besides, its a great opportunity for them to seek out new and fresh artists if they like :p

And yes I dont like to draw flowers either xD

Actually I'm not the only one drawing commissions here :) A lot of people do that on this forum ^^

@Rotton -- Thanks a lot mate :) Glad you like my works ^^ But ya know, those awesome forum avatars and whatnot would not be around if ppl like you dont fiddle with the art we make ;) I know, I'd make a terribad job doing one XD

Edited by Spartanash

I only had to look at the first three art pieces to decide that you were by far the GREATEST ART MAN for my character. You should feel honored... as my character would say.:D

So I guess you can do a comission (do you have to pay for them with actual money or something?) of my character called Darth Eminok, which is also my forum name. :D

Just as a foreword I'd just like to state that my character is (as everyone ALWAYS says) a complete uber-destroyer-of-worlds-death-star-GOD-MOD and would probably beat up everyone in Dragon Ball Z. So I guess you can go to levels of DBZ, Sidious, God of War, or whatever fits the description of insane with power/god-mod/destroying planets and life with mere thoughts :D.

Ah and here's my character description:

Species/Race: Human (Dark Side)

Name: Darth Eminok

Middle Name: None

Last Name: None

Nickname: My Lord, Destroyer of Worlds, Harbinger of Death, Decimator

Date of Birth: Unkown, estimates are about 30,000 years ago (Yet his appearance makes him look in his late 20's.)

Place of Birth: Tython

Height: 7.9 feet tall

Weight: 275 Lb. (Where about 160 lb. is simply pure muscle)

Hair Color/Style: Black, greasy, shiny

Facial Appearance: Generally angry or sadistic looking, white skin, veins (or whatever happens to the face when one has truly fallen to the dark side) pretty much everywhere on the face. Darkness around the eyes. Messy, unruly hair that tends to cover the eyes 1/2 way through.

Eye Color: Deep Red (Dark Side Corruption)

Body Appearance: Slim, yet strong and well-built. flexible, tall, volatile. Red and Black lightning seems to crackle around him very often.

Home Planet: None, more generally his Decimator-Class Destroyer in Deep Space.

Current Residence: Decimator-Class Destroyer

Allegiance: Sith Shadow Empire

Profession: Sith Dreadnought, Emperor of the Shadow Empire

Armor/Clothes: Mask of Revan and a black hood/cloak. Triple Triangular shoulderpads made of a very strong metal (Durasteel perhaps) that are dark gray and red. Black and Red armor with a red circle at the chest center and a large, divided triangle below that reaches all the way down to the belt. On the back is a black, leather cape with a red outline trim (feel free to add whatever you feel like to make me look better on the torso pieces as well as arms) On the back of the neck a curved metallic piece extends itself to go to the height of the tip of the hood behind the hood (like the inquisitor piece that goes behind the head gear) that is colored strictly black. The other parts of torso armor is both black and a few hints of red. Various scratches among the armor. Metallic belt with a triangular centerpiece with a rare, triangular, black gem embedded into the triangle. Among various places on the belt, there are small cases with lightning coursing through it. He has 7 lightsabers on his belt, 2 of which are double-bladed. His arms are covered with metallic pieces along with the leather gloves having an octagonal metal piece on the back of the hand (not the palm) and around the wrist before entering the metallic arms. Sticking out from the left wrist and going down across the side of the arm that reaches about 1/4 of a foot past the elbow (so when one flings his arm downward the blade will hit) is a bloodied, brutal-looking blade. On the right wrist is a same exact replica but only reaches the elbow. Underneath the shoulderpads is a strand of cloth that goes over the arms and slightly past the elbow. Attached under the bicep is a strand of cloth that hangs all the way down to the elbow, too. He has metallic leggings/greaves similar to the leggings in the WE WILL PREVAIL piece and boots that, surprisingly, exactly like the boots in WE WILL PREVAIL too. There is a triangular loincloth on the front and stretches down to the floor as well as another loincloth on the back, but it is rectangular and expands as it reaches down into the floor. There is another loincloth on the left side but is shorter than the others and only reaches the near-middle of the shins and is rectangular but not too wide.

Primary Weapon(s): A Double-Bladed lightsaber that is Unstable (this: http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1360&bih=583&tbm=isch&tbnid=_-K0axCvcqcogM:&imgrefurl=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Synthetic_lightsaber_crystal&docid=E2ZmiWTpNm8maM&imgurl=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/5/5a/Uncompressed_Red_Lightsaber_Starkiller_Ultra-Cybog.jpg&w=820&h=500&ei=jVyTT4fUN4GN6QGu_sSnBA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=710&vpy=294&dur=4617&hovh=175&hovw=288&tx=175&ty=191&sig=111440642094758031910&page=4&tbnh=97&tbnw=159&start=70&ndsp=28&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:70,i:236)

Secondary Weapon(s): Two Red Unstable lightsabers (same blade as provided in the link above)

Miscellaneous Item(s): Revan's Mask (I'd prefer if Darth Eminok was wearing the mask as that's how it is for him... never taking it off and all. Thanks)

Personality: At a glance Darth Eminok is usually thought to be a sadistic, evil person and they're correct. He enjoys murdering innocents and the defenseless and is overly confident. He is also a bit insane with power considering he can destroy planets at a mere thought.

He's like a next-gen Darth Bane/Sidious hybrid.

Abilities: He has a signature Black core-Red shell force lightning that turns opponents into ash and, if not, sets them aflame with blue purple fire and lightning.

His Force Push usually breaks and cracks things caught in the way and will send anything flying. Small-scale objects like people have their bones broken and "some" atoms and molecules lost. Can overload the brain and fry circuits if it's a non-living thing. The radius of this ability is huge and can blow miles of things away.

His Life Drain absorbs the life force/energy of a living thing to empower himself. This ability shortens the life of the victim. If used as a ranged ability, its range and radius is very large and can stretch across a whole planet if he wishes it to be so. This is his preferred form of killing planets.

His Force Pull pulls his target toward him with a great amount of force that usually takes the weapon out of their hand and can overload the brain (or circuits if it's a non-living thing). Radius is also huge and can bring mammoth structures to him.

His Force Choke/Crush tends to bend, deform, break, and crack the insides of the target. It instantly disables use of anything. Eminok has been known to sometimes do this to entire armies.

His Corrupt ability can drive victims to insanity and will cause their brains to break down. He can do this to entire armies at a whim.

Basically he's an insane with power man who is considered to be (dare I say it) more Overpowered than Luke Skywalker. I could go on for 3 pages on about his super abilities, but I don't wish to burden you too much :D.

Goals: To rid the galaxy and beyond of all that oppose him. What he does not realize that he'll eventually lose targets to kill... and will turn on his own and rid the Universe of all things.

Beliefs: He believes that only he should be served and if people saw otherwise they would die. All would do what he says and he can do whatever he wants with everything. The galaxy is his plaything. Many are afraid to defy him.

So that's it.

I'd also prefer if Darth Eminok was in action with his lightsaber and force powers galore against unthinkable odds. Basically one of his good moments I guess.

Thank you sooo much! :D:D:D:D

Got only 2 days left from sub, not sure if I can still post here if its off ^^

Not sure if I'll be subbing again, so in case I could not post here after it runs out, you can find me on Deviartart or the SW:TOR-RP forums ^^

I'll be uploading the finished work for my last commission tomorrow :)

Got only 2 days left from sub, not sure if I can still post here if its off ^^

Not sure if I'll be subbing again, so in case I could not post here after it runs out, you can find me on Deviartart or the SW:TOR-RP forums ^^

I'll be uploading the finished work for my last commission tomorrow :)

Question: Do commisions cost anything? I've been looking around here and haven't found an answer.

Thanks Spartanash, keep up the GREAAAATTT... (Who am I kidding?) EXCELLENT work. :D:D:D

Edited by Darth_Eminok

Hello peepz :D

Here is the finalised verison of the twi'lek jedi ^^

I had a lot of fun drawing this actually :3 It was a nice chance to try out a different style and a bit harder angle that I usually draw in ^^ Not to mention, drawing jedi is a lot fun :p

Ok, without further mambo-jumbo, here is the finished piece ^^ + the closeup on the head =)

I'm really proud how the scars turned out on his face :3 Looks really menacing ^^

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/117/9/5/commission___demise_by_tanathiel-d4xr5eu.jpg

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/117/6/4/ryger_closeup_by_tanathiel-d4xr5n8.jpg

You most certainly are able to post on the forums, mate, even without an active subscription.

Hehhe thanks a lot :D

Since last time, it was like just ppl with a sub can actually write on the forums x) Glad they changed that:3

Question: Do commisions cost anything? I've been looking around here and haven't found an answer.

Thanks Spartanash, keep up the GREAAAATTT... (Who am I kidding?) EXCELLENT work. :D:D:D

Well, as said, it depends. Usually I work with the 100-200$ range. Depending on the details of the commission it can be near 100$ up to 200$ or higher. The high means, it has a lot things going on the pic, like a full blown battle scene or something along those lines :p Or just multiple characters, really detailed, photo quality like, ect. ^^

Hope that answeres your question :D

Hehhe and thanks ^^

I know its not totally related to the SW art thread, but since it does have a relation I think I should tell ya guys that I've been featured in an SW online magazine :3 :3

Needless to say I'm damn happy about it :3 :3

Here is the link for the magazine :D

http://torwars.com/2012/04/28/thats-no-moon-its-art-by-tanathiel/

I think I'll have a great long weekend :D

Cheers ;)

Hehhe thanks a lot :D

Since last time, it was like just ppl with a sub can actually write on the forums x) Glad they changed that:3

Well, as said, it depends. Usually I work with the 100-200$ range. Depending on the details of the commission it can be near 100$ up to 200$ or higher. The high means, it has a lot things going on the pic, like a full blown battle scene or something along those lines :p Or just multiple characters, really detailed, photo quality like, ect. ^^

Hope that answeres your question :D

Hehhe and thanks ^^

How is the comission paid?

I must apologize, Kil. When I said earlier that you are able to post in the forums without a subscription I was mistaken.

My subscription had just run out that day - though apparently my access had not been changed at that time. I tried to post a comment the next day and found out I wasn't able to.

So, I'll correct myself, You may still access and view the forums without a subscription, however you may not post on the forums without a subscription.

Now then, and I'll apologize for being late with my comment I just renewed my subscription a few moments ago. The finalized piece looks astounding, mate. I always like seeing what you put together. It really seems to be worth the wait, and I hope the commissioner likes it, because it's really a great piece.

I must apologize, Kil. When I said earlier that you are able to post in the forums without a subscription I was mistaken.

My subscription had just run out that day - though apparently my access had not been changed at that time. I tried to post a comment the next day and found out I wasn't able to.

So, I'll correct myself, You may still access and view the forums without a subscription, however you may not post on the forums without a subscription.

Now then, and I'll apologize for being late with my comment I just renewed my subscription a few moments ago. The finalized piece looks astounding, mate. I always like seeing what you put together. It really seems to be worth the wait, and I hope the commissioner likes it, because it's really a great piece.

That's a distrubing way to have BW trick you into renewing a sub.