Hardmode Lost Island - Not as hard as it seems

eh I still say they should nerf the boss, so more people are willing to go in and learn it

I vote NO on proposition LR-5

Keep him the way he is.

On another note, I ran LI 3 times this weekend and I asked the Sentinels when they knew to "jump out" and the answer was "instinct" which is sort of a useless answer for someone learning the fight from nothing.

However, someone suggested another strategy for a mixed range/melee group which we tried and worked PERFECTLY.

1. Tank LR-5 in the middle.

2. Melee dps takes hardest hitting abilities out of rotation to reduce dps (yes, you heard me)

3. Ranged maximizes dps.

4. Healer stands apart from ranged dps

5. Ranged dps is the #2 aggro and the balls drop on him only.

6. Ranged steps aside when the energy coils drop and keeps dpsing.

7. Adds come in, tank does area taunt.

8. Ranged aoes adds in the middle, maintaining #2 aggro on boss.

9. Tank retaunts LR-5 after aoe, just in case.

10. Rinse and repeat.

The energy coil balls always drop on the #2 aggro, which is usually the melee dps. Since he reduced his damage output, the ranged remained #2 dps and the balls always dropped there.

Since LR-5 doesn't have an enrage timer, the reduced overall dps didn't cause a problem.

I hope this helps.

Edited by JeffKretz

Interesting, I did a search on this and a number of people say he has a soft enrage at 3 minutes, where the energy coils drop at full size and lava shoots out every grate.

LR-5 has 389,304 health at start, so for 3 minutes that works out to 2162 dps between the tank, melee and ranged dps.

Melee range gives 10% more threat, so imagine something like this:

500 dps tank

750 dps melee

900 dps ranged

That is just enough dps to beat the soft enrage and the ranged will out-threat the melee. And if you're close at the 3 min mark, you can still finish off the boss.

If the group in question cannot hit those dps targets, then my strategy won't work. I would also guess that the group is either undergeared or needs a better rotation.

I vote NO on proposition LR-5

Keep him the way he is.

On another note, I ran LI 3 times this weekend and I asked the Sentinels when they knew to "jump out" and the answer was "instinct" which is sort of a useless answer for someone learning the fight from nothing.

However, someone suggested another strategy for a mixed range/melee group which we tried and worked PERFECTLY.

1. Tank LR-5 in the middle.

2. Melee dps takes hardest hitting abilities out of rotation to reduce dps (yes, you heard me)

3. Ranged maximizes dps.

4. Healer stands apart from ranged dps

5. Ranged dps is the #2 aggro and the balls drop on him only.

6. Ranged steps aside when the energy coils drop and keeps dpsing.

7. Adds come in, tank does area taunt.

8. Ranged aoes adds in the middle, maintaining #2 aggro on boss.

9. Tank retaunts LR-5 after aoe, just in case.

10. Rinse and repeat.

The energy coil balls always drop on the #2 aggro, which is usually the melee dps. Since he reduced his damage output, the ranged remained #2 dps and the balls always dropped there.

Since LR-5 doesn't have an enrage timer, the reduced overall dps didn't cause a problem.

I hope this helps.

That's all fine and dandy trust me i really appreciate the strategies everyone is posting, But its hard to try them out if everyone is to damn chicken to even go in, I use group finder trying to get it and even ask in general chat and nobody ever wants to go in cause well sad to say they all claim it is way to hard lol

Edited by jbrank