Server Transfers, 11 Months Later...

Icebergy

:( I would have actually wanted to transfer a toon or two TO Jung Ma. But I'm too put off by all the negative things I've heard on these forums and in game from the people who are actually there.

The sad part is that the population size has grown the last couple months to become about the perfect size IMO but many people have said that they're going to bail when server transfers arrive thus depleting our population once again. The only problem I have with this is that I already know I'm going to lose most of my character's names if I leave because I already tried creating the names again on the other two PVP servers and they're already taken.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel inclined to say, "JUST GIVE US OUR DAMN TRANSFERS ALREADY!!!" Forget about bugs, and other such things, we've all grown accustomed to patch releases containing major bugs, and then recurring patches to fix the bugs the previous patch created, and then patch that patch and so on. One day you may get it correct and release a patch without bugs and other issues that some schmuck doesn't pick up, but forget about that, and just give us our transfers NOW!!! just based on how long we've waited for them with toons on servers we no longer want to, or do actually play on any longer, do forget about every little bug, as we've come to expect them, and give us transfers now.

Why does everyone continually complain about bioware? If you hate them so much, stop playing and go make a better game yourself for other people to complain about

because they have a great game with so much potential, but its been noted multiple times before that they failed to listen well enough to their player base and didn't release content or whatever it may be that was more a priority for the majority than what was actually released, at points in time.

The Correct phrasing is "Champing at the bit"

Champing is a dead word in the English language today, and rarely seen outside of this phrase. Chomping is also correct, due to contemporization of the word, as well as the phrase. Both are correct. One is old school, the other is modern. Like the difference between colour and color. Both are correct.

As for what Eric stated en toto... I am glad they are FINALLY giving us more of a time frame, for something that Should have been available right off the bat.

I hope they keep it simple. $25 per character transfer seems to be the accepted standard model. This would be a good choice, as it would prevent a sudden lopsided flood of character drain on any given server. With the exception of guild transfers, it seems most of us really only have 1 - 4 toons we would like to transfer.

As for the cartel nonsense, I have to say I am (as a subber since launch) highly disappointed in the double jeopardy purchase system, as well.

It is bad business, Eric, to charge a subscription for a service and then charge additionally for basic things in that service that should come with it.

If you plan to piece part all additional items and content for this game, then someone at Bioware needs to announce it (and perhaps it was... but I never came across it) and let us all know, this month, that from here on out, our subscription only gives us a few basic perks and will not account for anything new, as far as content, species additions, cosmetics, transfers, name changes, etc., etc.

This is like going into a restaurant and finding out your $15 pays for the dinner plate and a pickle... but the burger, fries, drink, napkin, and trip to the restroom are all extra.

Tells us up front. No more surprises. No more secrets.

:confused:

No mention of transfers in 2.2 on that new developer timeline post...does that mean that plan is scrapped again already?

They're probably still on the list for 2.2. The summer roadmap is likely a list of the major upcoming pieces, not exhaustive.

They're probably still on the list for 2.2. The summer roadmap is likely a list of the major upcoming pieces, not exhaustive.

I would have thought they'd be shouting transfers from the rooftops considering thousands of people have been asking for them for months.

Concerning there wasn't even a mention.

• Dev Post

It is absolutely still our plan to have character transfers hit in 2.2. The Summer plan was specifically our content plan, so it didn't seem like a good place to mention a convenience feature like transfers. Don't worry, nothing changed, I will tell you if anything does!

-eric

I would have thought they'd be shouting transfers from the rooftops considering thousands of people have been asking for them for months.

Concerning there wasn't even a mention.

I would have thought they would have mentioned it too. However, it's been stated a number of times that they were aiming for 2.1 and then moved it to 2.2 and the last post we have specifically on the topic from Eric was recent and said 2.2. Given that this was a roadmap for the next couple months, I think it's quite likely it's still on tap for 2.2.

It better be on tap for 2.2. The length of time this has taken has been frustrating.

Edit: Ninja'd by Eric :)

Edited by iamthehoyden

It is absolutely still our plan to have character transfers hit in 2.2. The Summer plan was specifically our content plan, so it didn't seem like a good place to mention a convenience feature like transfers. Don't worry, nothing changed, I will tell you if anything does!

-eric

That is a relief. Can't say I am not disappointed that we won't have new content until August, but I am very happy that transfers are still planned for 2.2

-eric

WE NEED MORE INFO. How much will it cost? Will you be able to transfer your legacy? What will happen to your credits? Will there be a limit to how many toons you can move per week? ffs. Tell us something. You're being too vague.

-eric

What is it with you guys and your plans? god your project manager must suck!

-eric

No offense Mr. Community Manager but I'll believe it when it's there officially announced. These hearsay that the developers passed to you doesn't carry any weight given to the track record of Bioware Austin now. There have been too many promises Bioware Austin have given us but a small percentage only happened. Sorry and no offense again.

WE NEED MORE INFO. How much will it cost? Will you be able to transfer your legacy? What will happen to your credits? Will there be a limit to how many toons you can move per week? ffs. Tell us something. You're being too vague.

Probably won't get much more info until it's available as a function.

1) Cost for sure won't be announced until it's available.

2) As far as Legacy goes, it's always been attached to any character that moves, sever transfer, PTS transfer etc.

So I would imagine, if you transfer a level 15 character for example, from a level 50 Legacy, that level 50 Legacy goes with the transferred character and over-rides any Legacy on the target Server.

3) Can only speculate on a limit, and again, won't find out till it's an available function. My guess would be, there

wouldn't be a limit, it's going to cost Cartel Coins to transfer, which is fine, but why would they limit how many? If I wanted to transfer 10 characters for example, it's xx amount of CC's per transfer, the more you transfer, the more CC's you spend. I would say, if you want to transfer 100 characters today, go right ahead, that's more CC's for me :p

Anyway, looking forward to it myself, I have another Server I spend a little time on because of family being on the opposite coast, so I'm going to use it when it finally gets here. That way, my Legacy on my most played Server goes with the character (s) I transfer. :)

Thanks for popping in and letting us know, Eric! :)

I too am very curious about how transfers will work with Legacy, and how much it will cost. I can't imagine that if I was to transfer ONE character from server 1 (where I have a level 25 Legacy and many level 20+ characters) to server 2 (where I have several lower level characters) that my Legacy would automatically go with it. That would mean that I'd be left with multiple high level characters with no Legacy or a fresh new Legacy on server 1, which would be fine for me but not for folks that might want to transfer just one character to another server to play with a friend or something. I also can't see them making it so you keep your Legacy on server 1 but also get it on server 2, as higher level Legacies have advantages.

So I guess, I am hoping they offer something like this:

1. Individual Character Transfer - $x to move one character, Legacy transfer not included (cheapest)

2. Legacy Character Transfer - $y to move up to (1-2?) character(s) and your Legacy

3. Ultimate Legacy Character Transfer - $z to move up to (3-5?) characters and your Legacy (most expensive)

But heck, who knows how they'll do it, I'm sure this is just wishful thinking on my part. I just hope the fact that they are taking so long to get this out means that they will offer more than a basic per-character, Legacy-included-if-you-want-it-or-not transfer service. :)

And I figure people willingly transferring characters is a little different than PTS copy (where of course the copy of your character should have their Legacy) or the old "free character transfer service"/server merges (where of course you wanted your Legacy on your new server, your old one was dead and soon to be gone).

Edited by Gwena

Amazing that people keep thinking that the big announcements will get broken on the forums. :rolleyes: They're not going to give details until they're 100% sure of everything and it's ready to go. That's how it's always been.

That said I'm really glad I only have one character I want to transfer. Yay for taking things slow! :D

Thanks for popping in and letting us know, Eric! :)

I too am very curious about how transfers will work with Legacy, and how much it will cost. I can't imagine that if I was to transfer ONE character from server 1 (where I have a level 25 Legacy and many level 20+ characters) to server 2 (where I have several lower level characters) that my Legacy would automatically go with it. That would mean that I'd be left with multiple high level characters with no Legacy or a fresh new Legacy on server 1, which would be fine for me but not for folks that might want to transfer just one character to another server to play with a friend or something. I also can't see them making it so you keep your Legacy on server 1 but also get it on server 2, as higher level Legacies have advantages.

Hi, as far as transferring a character from one Sever to another or to PTS has always been handled, the Legacy stats travel with the transferred character. I know my above post was misleading now that I see your questions.

What it means, and what I meant to say is, the transferred character takes the Legacy level and I believe achievements or stats with them. The Sever and characters that the transferred character came from, still holds onto the original Legacy level and achievements or stats. So bottom line is, you would have two Severs with the same level Legacy by transferring one character to a new Server.

Hope that clears up what I was trying to say in my earlier post.:) I was going to edit it after I posted, but it was one of those things, I knew what I meant and it looked fine to me how I typed it at the time. After reading your questions, I realized my Post was misleading. Sorry :o

Hi, as far as transferring a character from one Sever to another or to PTS has always been handled, the Legacy stats travel with the transferred character. I know my above post was misleading now that I see your questions.

What it means, and what I meant to say is, the transferred character takes the Legacy level and I believe achievements or stats with them. The Sever and characters that the transferred character came from, still holds onto the original Legacy level and achievements or stats. So bottom line is, you would have two Severs with the same level Legacy by transferring one character to a new Server.

Hope that clears up what I was trying to say in my earlier post.:) I was going to edit it after I posted, but it was one of those things, I knew what I meant and it looked fine to me how I typed it at the time. After reading your questions, I realized my Post was misleading. Sorry :o

Oh, thanks for the response! :) I hadn't even noticed that during the free character transfers, because I transferred all of my characters at once. xD

Wow, so if you played characters on two servers, you could in theory just transfer one character from the server where you have a level 50 Legacy to the other server where you have a level 5 Legacy, and presto! Level 50 Legacy on both servers. :eek: It will be interesting to see if they do it that way for paid transfers too.

Oh, thanks for the response! :) I hadn't even noticed that during the free character transfers, because I transferred all of my characters at once. xD

Wow, so if you played characters on two servers, you could in theory just transfer one character from the server where you have a level 50 Legacy to the other server where you have a level 5 Legacy, and presto! Level 50 Legacy on both servers. :eek: It will be interesting to see if they do it that way for paid transfers too.

Hi :) Yes! I am at least hopeful that they do it that way with the paid or Cartel Coin transfers, as I mentioned in my original post, I have another Server that I play on because of family members but only have a Legacy of level 3 if I remember correctly. Hoping that I can transfer one of my Legacy 50 characters over to bring with it the Legacy level so I feel more at home when I play on that other Server.

We won't know for sure until it's actually in-game and working, but at least for now, that's how they do it for the PTS copy character, each time I've copied a character to PTS the legacy level bumped up with the latest character copied.

And back in the Server merges, it was the same. The Legacy bumped up each time I transferred a character over, as back when the Server merges were happening, I was still leveling my Legacy, and I didn't send them all at once. I was one of those that kept my Main characters on the original Server as long as possible, like until just about a day or two before the dead-line, I finally transferred my last couple over:D

what i am wondering is whether or not the price of it is going to be high, i'm hoping nothing like... say $10.00 ? if they could make it 1000 CC for those that wanna use their Cartel Coins. Although wondering when the exact date of this release is going to be instead of crossing my fingers and having it pushed backwards due to some dumb bug.

:/

what i am wondering is whether or not the price of it is going to be high, i'm hoping nothing like... say $10.00 ? if they could make it 1000 CC for those that wanna use their Cartel Coins. Although wondering when the exact date of this release is going to be instead of crossing my fingers and having it pushed backwards due to some dumb bug.

:/

I'm gonna guess if the name change is 1000cc, the character transfer will likely be a LOT more.

Also, I wonder how legacy unlocks will work with character transfers? If you bring over your character to a new server, will all your legacy and character unlocks retain?

i bet they won't it'll be the one that they transfer too that'll keep the legacy. i.e. my assassin 12legacy xfers to my BH from another server with 7legacy. the legacy will still be 7 even for the assassin. although its gunna suck if its really expensive for the character transfer...ugh

I hope they keep it simple. $25 per character transfer seems to be the accepted standard model. This would be a good choice, as it would prevent a sudden lopsided flood of character drain on any given server. With the exception of guild transfers, it seems most of us really only have 1 - 4 toons we would like to transfer.

I agree with this, $25 per character would be convenient.

Why you so bitter, bro? You know that's not how it's going to work.

If your goal is to spread hate, there are places to spread hate further and wider than you ever could on this little old forum.

I saw this as sarcasm, not bitterness...and probably closer to the truth than I'd like, too.