Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

Karaiblis

I think you are a little overboard saying that the majority of the player base does not like the changes. The fact of the matter is the changes were a correction to the gear appearance, in that they now look the way they should based on the advertisement in the pictures for the packs. Yeah, it sucks that people spent the credits to set up their gear the way they wanted it, but again, this was a correction more than it was a whimsical change. I for one as a subscriber want what is advertised. I know there are many who feel the same way I do as well.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phantom Chest V1 and Phantom Chest V2, I don't see why Bioware are making it so difficult for themselves.

So you're saying it should be as simple as me logging on one day and having a prompt pop up asking me to check one of two boxes for version one and two? I wear the whole set, btw. Would everyone with even a single piece of the set get this prompt?

Seems a little more complicated than you may think. Doubt they'll devote the resources for such.

Most likely it is going to stay how it now is and eventually people will get tired of complaining about it and move on to other things to cry about.

Edited by Belacose

I bought two cartel packs, sold them unopened, and bought my 'old version' chest like that. so yes, I did spend the money on exactly the look I got originally. maybe it's because I am 'business pro' in real life, but the artwork on the cartel pack is in no way an 'advertisement' and even if it WAS, you can't go by an advertisement and demand to get exactly the advertised item. advertisements are suggestions. only if someone addresses you specifically then you can demand to get exactly that item, and unless bioware personally sent you an email with your real name that is not an obvious form letter you have no rights to demand.

so. this is the legal situation for the 'I want the advertised look' crowd. you have no ground to stand on at all. what you PAID for is the cartel pack, not the armour.

Look, we all understand that you wanted what was advertised.

We all believe you should be entitled to GET what was advertised.

We WANT you to get what you paid for.

What we DON"T want, is to have something taken away from the rest of us so you can have it.

There was a way (a very easy way) to make everyone happy in this situation, and either from Ignorance, Carelessness, or pure thoughtlessness, BW/EA didn't do that.

we understand what was done was a "CORRECTION", what has us mad is that the "Correction" was made at the expense of others and it didn't have to be. It shows the pervasive lack of care for the community, which is sad because BW used to have one of the best reputations in the market for that.

I'm not reading over 60 pages to see if this has already been said or not, but here goes:

I can understand why these armors needed changing; false advertising is never good.

However, while I liked the old models enough to equip them, this is not the case with the new ones *.

I hope the old-style armors will be made available again sometime in the future under a different name, so those who like the new style can keep them while those that don't can get the armor they like back.

* Especially the Spymaster top, I think the Phantom top looks pretty good but it doesn't fit the look I wanted.

Edited by VanguVegro

I understand why a lot of people are upset with the changes to phantom gear, and the spymaster gear, and to an extent the trailblazer gear. But please, can we try not to ***** about the trailblazer Helmet? It looks night and day better with the goggles and earpieces,and it seems everyone in my guild and on the shadowlands server feels the same way. i would be thoroughly PO''d if some ************ about the chest made bioware change the helmet back to the boring look it had before. the changes made to this, and to the revan set's were a postive thing, and we should give Bioware some credit instead of just constantly dissing them.

This is simply what you (MMO community in general, not per sé you TS) get for people trying to keep on convincing devs that it's a good thing to listen to the QQ'ing on MMO forums. A few complain as to how some miniscule detail would be incorrect, BioWare listens and fixes it, completely within their right as after all you as a buyer DID agree to the following statement:

EA reserves the right to change and update the inventory of Star Wars: The Old Republic Content without notice to you.

But then of course once the change has occured, the next party comes along to QQ about it.

And personally I disagree that creating 2 versions of a thing is a good thing, as it'll quickly set a tendency where people will keep on demanding that to happen in the future. We'll only get even more posts crying over trivial things.

Don't want stuff to change without realisation? There's only one thing you can truly do in MMO's. Actively participate on these forums. If more players who enjoy certain things the way they are do so, and express that on these forums, the less inclined devs will be to change it once they see that vocal minority, is also just a minority in postings.

I don't think people can be blamed for not thinking these items were going to be changed- I mean, BW puts bugs and mistakes in the game all the time and almost never fixes them, so I think it's pretty fair for those who assumed this was another case of something that'd never be fixed.

Good thing BW put so much effort into 'fixing' something like this, shows us they do a fix every couple months.

Please bring back the old Phantom Chest! I would never have purchased it had it looked like it does now. It's fine to offer something that looks more like what was "advertised," but I bought it based off the preview, and it's unfair to roll it back to something else without allowing the option for us to keep what we had before.

Both groups are right and Bioware is wrong, they should offer everybody to switch back to the old look. In my case, I've got the Spymaster hat and I don't like the blue glas attached to it, please give us back the old version.

^ Fact.

Regardless of whether you like the art gear or what was actually sold to us, all condemnations should be directed at BW, who needs to unscrew this issue.

Many ppl are still missing the point. We aren't complaining about wether the new look is god or not. We are complaining because we sent money/credits on a look we liked, which was promptly changed and now ruined by this change that the majority of ppl had no idea about. This change came without any decent sort of warning (no 1 post on a thread most ppl wouldn't check is not fair warning).

I personally don't like the way the chest looks (we have so many Sorc looking robes already), I purchased it for the way it looked in-game. I was happy that finally I could finally look how I have wanted to look since day 1, I spent millions of credits on my look, buying the right pieces, augmenting and moding them. Now I will have to spend millions more to find a different look.

Imagine you bought a new house and decided to remodel the kitchen, you buy a large fridge-freezer to be the center piece and design a whole kitchen around it. Then 4 weeks late the fridge company come round and say "sorry this fridge doesn't look like some of our customers expected so we are taking it away and giving you this other one". Wouldn't you be pretty pissed? the principle is that same.

And personally I disagree that creating 2 versions of a thing is a good thing, as it'll quickly set a tendency where people will keep on demanding that to happen in the future. We'll only get even more posts crying over trivial things.

LOL there is already a tendency in EVERY MMO for people to demand what they want, and the number of emotional breakdowns over trivial things is already maximum.

I mean technically this is a video game, meaning everything in ti is kinda trivial.

You can't put it in your pocket, you can't pull it off your computer, it ceases to exists when EA shuts off the servers.

Yet it provided value as entertainment. once it ceases to BE entertaining it struggles to survive.

I think EVERY MMO currently suffers the same sickness. Content attracts players, but customer service and relations KEEP players. Without both you will fail!

How about you stop being silly. The problem is that you do care, and pretending that you don't, when you clearly do care. That you care about something as silly as a correction. Not a change. Not an alteration, a CORRECTION. I expect nothing. But I am not foolish enough to NOT look at all the details first either. You obviously come to these forums, and obviously read the treads from time to time. You knew the deal. Heard about the miss-hap, so don't give me that excuse about how you didn't know. Hell. I didn't even buy the stuff, but I sure did look at the advertisement for items, and it wasn't rocket science in seeing that there was an obvious error either. Sure, there are some serious issues here. Crying about corrections is one. BW taking way to long to implement these corrections is another. Just stop pretending that this is game breaking. It's not.. .

There is bigger fish to fry when it comes to things that are wrong with this game, yet you chose to be upset about this?

EA, BW did what they were suppose to do for once. Even if it was weeks later.

The people who bought the set based upon the preview are as entitled to get the promised look as you are. -- Neither one should have to accept this. And this was btw a very stupid way by BW to solve this.

As for your assumptions: No, most people just play the game instead of reading in the forum all day.

As for me: I actually read about the fix for the Revan set by chance, but I never saw anything about the other changes.

Cartel Pack are originally purchased with Cartel Coins....Which need to be purchased with real world currency.

No they don't.

I receive 600 complimentary cartel coins per month at no charge for being a subscriber and having a security key. At no "real world currency" cost to me.

So a cartel market purchase is not necessarily a "real money" purchase.

everyone that would like both options available....should submit/sign the suggestion box post..perhaps Bioware will listen and offer both. Personally I liked the version I previewed and bought off the GTN, with no idea that it was going to be changed because I seldom come to these forums..is that my fault? perhaps...but Bioware dropped the ball on this for all involved. Personally I was not using my cartel coins for the items that were pictured on the cover of the packs..I was picking them for the description of the items listed. I preview things on the preview screen on my character before I purchase because not all things look good on green...;)

link to the suggestion box post..sign if you would like to see both options available.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=583089

No they don't.

I receive 600 complimentary cartel coins per month at no charge for being a subscriber and having a security key. At no "real world currency" cost to me.

Hm... I have to pay for my subscription. You don't?

No they don't.

Does BioWare accept livestock as trade for subscriptions now?

or shiny Rocks?

What do you give them every month for your subscription dues that isn't real world money... I wonder if I can talk the electric company into accepting whatever it is too.... I could save TONS of real world money....

You sir are an innovator!

all they have to do is offer the old armor look in a new set and have the price of this new set be the the current set. they do it all the time in pvp you have to trade up to the next tier (plus some tokens but you wouldn't require tokens in this case). now people who like the old look can trade to get it back for free. problem solved.

No they don't.

Your argument is invalid! I pay IRL money for my Subscribtion, a Subscribtion that grants me a certain amount of Cartel Coins per month.