How’s your Cartel Market Armour Collection coming along?

TrixxieTriss

How’s everyone’s collection going this time around with the unlock sale?

I’ve been able to buy the rest of all the Armor sets I’ve wanted (bar one) on the GTN and used my CC’s to finish unlocking them. That way I don’t waste CC’s buying direct from the CM and I’ve plenty of them to open up sets.

I’ve now got 180 armour sets opened (Yes this is me bragging a little) 😎

All I want now is the Humble Hero’s set and I’ll be content. Surprisingly it’s not been on the GTN on Satele or Star Forge for over a week and there are only 3 days to go till the sale ends.

Most of the ones I haven’t got are reskins from ones you can pick up in the game or reskins of other CM sets. Plus the obviously really ugly ones or ones that won’t change colour.

I was telling my guildies last night that I've unlocked all the armor I want. Anything else for armor that I unlock is just to have it unlocked. Without counting locks except for armor, I have:

98% of all companion customizations

89% of all color crystals

79% of all weapons

72% of all companions

60% of all mounts

59% of all armor (304 collected / 73 locked so 231 outfits unlocked)

44% promotional items

41% of all events

23% of all tunings

21% of all pets

11% of all titles

0% of all flairs (just not into them)

Edited by xordevoreaux

I haven't really focused on Armor Sets but currently working on building up my Mount collection. Here are my overall stats though:

• Armor - 43%
  • Weapons - 44%
  • Color Crystals - 99%
  • Mounts - 87%
  • Pets - 89%
  • Toys - 100%
  • Tunings - 100%
  • Titles - 97%
  • Flair - 100%
  • Emotes - 100%
  • Companions - 97%
  • Companion Customization - 100%
  • Promotional Items - 64%
  • Events - 91%
  • Holiday - 100%

Edited by Nightblazer

I've only unlocked the few armor sets I like - about 10-15 - plus I have about 8 "unopened" sets in my Cargo Hold.

Now pets, on the other hand, I've been expanding my collection, but there's not much need to actually unlock them - except for a few favourites.

Also working a bit on my mount/vehicle collection, but again, only "unlocking" a few favourites.

(The Humble Hero set was one of the first sets I unlocked, way back when. :) )

Edited by JediQuaker

I’ve been working on my Crystals too and my Toys. I’ve got 100% of the dance emotes too.

I’m not that interested in most of the weapons, especially as you can’t stamp them like an outfit. I’ve got the 30+ weapons I like and I’ll probably leave it at that.

What I am interested in gaining is more flairs and turnings.

Such a shame dyes aren’t a collections thing.

There are a few more mounts I want. I’ve collected about 30+ CM ones, plus the promo and other in game ones.

Do you guys buy most of your stuff straight from the CM or off the GTN?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I haven't clocked exactly how many CC I get a month, it's probably easily in excess of 3,000 or more, so I'd rather pop 600 to 1400 for a weapon or outfit on the CM when it comes out (or is offered half-off in a daily flash sale) than burn 20-30 million credits for it. I've also lucked out more than once when someone on the GTN left off a zero on their price.

The outfits I generally don't like are the ones with a lot of gear on the back, like jetpacks or hoses and boxes and things, or my armor count would probably be higher. I definitely go for the chest harnesses, could use some without anything but cross-straps on the back. I'd definitely buy chest harness sets without the butt flaps for sure (with a nice follow-the-curve brief cut).

Edited by xordevoreaux

Ok, I'll play since I tend to be an obsessive collector. Most of my collections are from old hypercrates with missing pieces picked up on the GTN. The rest are from sales, though I think even the sales prices are higher than they should be. My decorations are sadly lacking, but they don't show in collections...

Armor: 94%. Most of what I'm missing are the chests and sets that can't be unlocked account wide.

Weapons: 76%. If there were a weapons designer I'd be more tempted to collect them. As it stands, I just don't notice weapons much, so they aren't important to me.

Color Crystals: 48%. I see no point in having all 4 of a color, and I'm not going to go out of my way for a few shades difference here and there.

Mounts: 98%.

Pets: 96%.

Toys: 94%.

Tunings: 45%. Most I just don't notice the difference.

Titles: 95%. Will be higher after I get the two test server titles on Tuesday. Just missing "Cutting Edge".

Flair: 81%.

Emotes: 100%

Companions: 100%

Companions Customizations: 97%.

All I want now is the Humble Hero’s set and I’ll be content. Surprisingly it’s not been on the GTN on Satele or Star Forge for over a week and there are only 3 days to go till the sale ends.

Humble Hero set is in CM direct sale. It's very cheap, considering the current 30% discount even better. Not the same as spending only credits but this is a set that the few times i saw on GTN was just too expensive that I pay happy full price 1200 cc a couple months ago. Now is just 840.

I have all the ones I really want. There's always that niggling little "maybe that would be cool" but I honestly have more than I need and something for pretty much every concept I think of. Though eh... think I'll actually log in and finally get that set with the Darth Vader helmet. Several times I've thought "if only that wasn't so damn expensive" but now I don't actually have an excuse; it's discounted, it's discounted to unlock and I actually have a surplus of a few thousand coins.

Such a shame dyes aren’t a collections thing.

^^^This, i'd buy more dyes from the CM, it they were not that expensive for a 1 use only item, without even being able to then unlock them in collections to claim any i'd like to use whenever i'd want to use it.

I buy most of my stuff from the GTN, and spend quite some time farming credits before spending everything on one outfit :p

I'll buy from the CM if by chance i happen to have a lot of CC when there's a discount on a set i've been looking for for a long time.

I just bought the Bionic Raider set, and then unlocked it for the whole account, mainly because i had more CC than i needed and because the set was far too expensive on the GTN.

I have to say I’ve liked this 5 week sale that added some category each week and kept it there till the end.

This has allowed me to plan how to spend my CC’s better and even encouraged me to buy more.

I’ve a heap of characters I still want to rename, I also want to transfer a bunch to and from other servers.

The only thing missing from the 5 week sale was the discount at the in game appearance terminals. I often give my Alts a makeover when that is discounted because I’ve already unlocked all the appearances.

[/snip]

Depends:

1. What I'm looking at

2. Cost: sometimes you can pick an item up on the GTN if I'm a little low on CC.

Frankly I'm pretty much a tight wad … so I shop an item before purchase !

Usually I buy off of the GTN, since I refuse to buy coins and thus am limited to my 600 a month. Have to spend those on unlocks. And preferably I unlock things when it's 50% off, but since that only happens a few times a year, it's not always feasible.

I didn't spend not even One CC this time. I had bought everything they offered long ago so when this sale came around and the CM not hardly changing "Since Then" I had nothing to buy. Every thing I wanted I bought before this sale. There was only a few Items I was looking for anyway and that does narrow down what I was willing to pay for yes, but since they didn't rotate to anything I liked, I didn't buy anything, bummer.

Started unlocking mounts first, as I really liked some of them, but as I started making a killing on the gtn, I began to unlock everything, it's at 2100/2155, says about 97% of everything. Haven't bought CC's in years, just use the monthly ones for acc wide unlocks, everything else i snap up from the gtn :)

I'm probably about the same as above, roughly 15% in regards to armor. Still waaaay too many outfits with shoulder pads, which I stay away from.

Oh yeah - This ^ I hate the shoulder pad things. I'm not that fond of cloaks either. Although, looking just now I bought another armour set. Still leaves me under 10%. For a while I had a thing for Battleworn Engineer's Armour set. Every one of my Chars was wearing it. (Dyed different but...)

CCs when I have them, otherwise the GTN

Edited by LeMage

I know this is not a competition and there are sure players with more (even 100%) but, here is mine. :p

• All 94%
  • Armor - 94%
  • Weapons - 97%
  • Color Crystals - 95%
  • Mounts - 94%
  • Pets - 85%
  • Toys - 91%
  • Tunings - 100%
  • Titles - 93%
  • Flair - 100%
  • Emotes - 100%
  • Companions - 100%
  • Companion Customization - 97%
  • Items By Pack - 100%

I've basically gone as far as I can now. I'm missing 2 refer-a-friend pets and then it's just promotional mounts and CC exclusive pets as well as the PTS titles I'm missing (though I'll be getting 2 of those soon as well). There's just the one bugged doc customization to taunt me...

Obviously, I haven't unlocked most of these legacy wide, mainly armours and timings and emotes, almost no weapons, mounts or pets...

Oh dayum I didnt even know there was an unlock sale. Better go perform my last minute spam of those lol.

Not really big into collectibles or achievements, but playing space barbie can be oddly satisfying.

Edited by Kiesu

Can't say I've ever really been fussed about collecting the CM stuff, I've probably sold more than I collected over the years. The first three shipments were probably my most collected, then it sloped off somewhat, to the extent that I've only collected 2% of the latest pack, which compared to the first 3 which were about the 50% mark somewhat says everything people need to know about how I liked the rejig and redesign of the Cartel Market packs and shipments.

The only good thing I like now is that if I really want something I can normally buy it directly, completely bypassing the inflated prices on the GTN (I don't have billions of credits, which BioWare seem to think we all do going by their pricing of "normal" in-game stuff).

• All 28%
  • Armor - 24%
  • Weapons - 18%
  • Color Crystals - 17%
  • Mounts - 31%
  • Pets - 31%
  • Toys - 46%
  • Tunings - 23%
  • Titles - 87%
  • Flair - 38%
  • Emotes - 49%
  • Companions - 7%
  • Companion Customization - 8%

Ended up grabbing Unrelenting Terror, Shadow Disciple and Humble Hero sets. Still got a couple K coins left, was considering Xoxaan's but nah. Best to leave some coins for any unexpected unlocks in the future, never know what will pop up now there's no Dulfy to tell us. Apparently I'm at 23% of armour sets collected.