Playing as Empire: Pointless since we know how it all ends?

DarthRhaze

That's like not wanting to play as a Roman Faction in an RTS because eventually they lose.

"Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb." -Dark Helmet. That said, Luke Skywalker is my hero and has been since I was 7 in 1982. I am rolling Republic son! Good might be dumb, but we ALWAYS win.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes good is going to win ultimately...but its not the destination, its the journey!

its not whether you win or lose its how you play the game

oh and besides...this games story isnt going to end. its going to continue as long as there are enough subscriptions to keep it going. if the war ended while this game was still popular....that would just be awkward...regardless of who won!

It is a dark time for the galactic republic! thousands of jedi trying desparately to catch up on meditation.

troopers washing speeder windsheilds since theyve been laid off, and smugglers suddenly finding themselves as the bad guys with no tanks to back them up

1. The Sith Empire are crushed. Not good for me, I am Imperial all the way.

2. Kenobi was a lying, cheating, scum-filled propaganda artist and Luke was an impressionable, innocent young boy.

3. The Galactic Republic eventually won a long and bloody war, and proceeded to write the Sith Empire out of history, dismissing them as an irrelevant uprising.

I second that kenobi was lying. he was still feeling guilty :p

The Imperials are actually quite interesting to play :), I love the underside to the Empire that you see when you play an IA.

The Sith are just evil sons-of-*****es. But the actual normal people behind the Empire are really cool :D.

So, it is quite cool to play Empire if you want to see behind-the-scenes.

Key word being again, meaning they ruled the Galaxy at some point in the past. Is that now or thousands of years prior, or thousands of years later before they disappeared for a thousand years just prior to episode 1.

It's happened like 18 times. Star Wars is the poster child for "history repeats itself."

I do, and clearly you are trying to entice people to antagonize you and create issues.

*walks away and adds you to the ignore list*

Like the trollest here is you and not him.

You dare to tell us what kind of topics we must post or not? This is not basically something insulting or worst... just a simple topic to comment.

And everyone's mind is in perfect conditions like yours to realize this is a freaking FICTIONAL videogame, as well Star Wars it is. Just tyring to enjoy it in the best way we can, in all senses, like commenting this...

Oh, and of course Empire never is 100% evil, as well 100% the Republic's people aren't good at all. There are always shames at everywhere, no matter what.

P.S: Is kinda sad Empire will loose anyways (confirmed by this quote in wookieepedia: "By around 2,000 BBY, the Empire had seemingly vanished from the galaxy, and the Galactic Republic was once again the dominant government." Taken here---> http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_Empire_(Post%E2%80%93Great_Hyperspace_War)), but STILL we have more content about how will develope this war my friends. No one here know that, except Bioware of course, so let's enjoy the videogame and let the future come in time, ;9

Edited by Vexdrall

It's a game.

Set in a fictional realm.

None of it is real.

I know that may have just blown the minds of a few people, but there you go.

So what if I know 3,000+ years later in the game's universe that the side I'm on will lose? That doesn't deter me from wanting to play on the non-winning side. I'm just as curious to learn about their stories, their lore, and their way of life.

Not all Sith/Empire are "bad guys" just as not all Jedi/Republic are "good guys". Good and bad are relative to what you personally believe.

Here is how I view it: It's a game and it gives me the opportunity to play a character that I would never be in the real world. In this case, working for the Empire. So what's wrong with that?

Let people have fun and play the game as they wish.

NO! Didn't you read that this is long ago? that means it is all TRUE! ok I'm done joking around i will sit her blankly waiting for my early play invite. :) may the force be with us all haha

As for the post RotJ stuff, well, I personally don't even acknowledge it. If there's one thing that really destroys a beautiful story, it's fan fiction IMO. To me, fan fiction is this: take a beautifully told story, throw in some hideous amount of unforseen suffering that makes the original problem look like a cake-walk, have most of the original heroes die/fall to stop it, then rinse and repeat for each generation-- except increase the suffering exponentially each time so as to justify an on-going plot. Long story short, to me fan fiction is just people with massive suffering and pain fetishes getting a hold of nice stories. But once again, that's all just IMO.

Oh my God I love YOU!!! this is exactly how i feel!!!!....lets just destroy the beauty and magic of the original by trying to out do them!!! and so on and so on!!! well said!!!!;)

Did you forget what emperor Palpatine said to Anakin, after Mace Windu was killed.

"Once again, the SITH shall rule the Galaxy!"

Here is the clip from the movie.

Better yet, Who is Emperor Palpatine. This is 3000 years before his birth.

The Imperials are actually quite interesting to play :), I love the underside to the Empire that you see when you play an IA.

The Sith are just evil sons-of-*****es. But the actual normal people behind the Empire are really cool :D.

So, it is quite cool to play Empire if you want to see behind-the-scenes.

Nay, the Sith are not evil. That's just Jedi propaganda. The Sith master and manipulate the Force via their passion. The Jedi, on the other hand, prefer a Zen-like Stoicism. And just how were the Jedi before Palpatine rose to power? Aloof, arrogant, and apathetic.

So which is more evil: the suffering that results from unbridled passion, or the suffering that flourishes from outright apathy and conceit?

:p

Did you forget what emperor Palpatine said to Anakin, after Mace Windu was killed.

"Once again, the SITH shall rule the Galaxy!"

Here is the clip from the movie.

That quote is a good point.

Technically speaking, the Sith never actually ruled the Galaxy in any true shape or form prior to the Emperor. So maybe the Empire does win.

Come on, after they blow up the second deathstar and kill the emperor and redeem Vader, do you really think the Empire will just keel over and die?

There's a gigant imperial machine and no shortage of would be leaders to take over where PappaPalpatine left off.

Thrawn anybody?

• 2 weeks later...

Jolee: "Look, everybody always figures the time they live in is the most epic, most important age to end all ages. But tyrants and heroes rise and fall, and historians sort out the pieces."

Revan: "Are you saying what we're doing isn't important?"

Jolee: "Malak is a tyrant who should be stopped. If he conquers the galaxy, we're in for a couple of rough centuries. Eventually it'll come around again, but I'd rather not wait that long. So we do what we have to do and we try to stop the Sith. But don't start thinking this war, your war, is more important than any other war just because you're in it."

―Jolee Bindo and Revan on the Jedi Civil War

[/thread]

Eventually some moisture farmer with a bowl cut is going to take us all down, is it really worth it to bother playing as the Empire?

:(

If you use that logic then what is the point of playing as the Republic?? You know how that ends too....